1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,603 Posts
    http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html posted:
    Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

But to Marty Marshall, his wife and two kids, it seems pretty clear.

It came after a family night of celebrating America and freedom with a fireworks show at Firestone Stadium. Marshall, his family and two friends were gathered outside a friend's home in South Akron.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

The Marshalls, who are white, say the crowd of teens who attacked them and two friends June 27 on Girard Street numbered close to 50. The teens were all black.

''This was almost like being a terrorist act,'' Marshall said. ''And we allow this to go on in our neighborhoods?''

They said it started when one teen, without any words or warning, blindsided and assaulted Marshall's friend as he stood outside with the others.

When Marshall, 39, jumped in, he found himself being attacked by the growing group of teens.

His daughter, Rachel, 15, who weighs about 90 pounds, tried to come to his rescue. The teens pushed her to the ground.

His wife, Yvonne, pushed their son, Donald, 14, into bushes to keep him protected.

''My thing is,'' Marshall said, ''I didn't want this, but I was in fear for my wife, my kids and my friends. I felt I had to stay out there to protect them, because those guys were just jumping, swinging fists and everything.

''I'm lucky. They didn't break my ribs or bruise my ribs. I thank God, they concentrated on my thick head because I do have one. They were trying to take my head off my spine, basically.''

After several minutes of punches and kicks, the attack ended and the group ran off. The Marshalls' two adult male friends were not seriously hurt.

''I don't think I thought at that moment when I tried to jump in,'' Rachel Marshall said. ''But when I was laying on the ground, I was just scared.''

Marshall was the most seriously injured. He suffered a concussion and multiple bruises to his head and eye. He said he spent five nights in the critical care unit at Akron General Medical Center.

The construction worker said he now fears for his family's safety, and the thousands of dollars in medical bills he faces without insurance.

''I knew I was going to get beat, but not as bad as I did,'' Marshall said. ''But I did it to protect my family. I didn't have a choice. There was no need for this. We should be all getting along. But to me, it seems to be racist.''

Akron police are investigating. Right now, the case is not being classified as a racial hate crime. There were no other reports of victims assaulted by the group that night.

The department's gang unit is involved in the investigation, police said.

''We don't know if it's a known gang, or just a group of kids,'' police Lt. Rick Edwards said.

The Marshalls say they fear retaliation at home or when they go outside. They are considering arming themselves, but they're concerned about the possible problems that come with guns.

For now, they are hoping police can bring them suspects. They believe they can identify several of the attackers.

''This makes you think about your freedom,'' Marshall said. ''In all reality, where is your freedom when you have this going on?''
    tl;dr - The family was outside their house watching fireworks and enjoying themselves, when a horde of black teenagers stormed the family and began shouting, "This is a black world; this is our world".
    The father in an attempt to save his family was injured with a concussion and bruises among other things, and racked up a steep medical bill.

OP's comment - Shall we remind the forums that mean-spirited attitudes exist on both sides of the line.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2006
    3,001 Posts
    Take that whites

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    June 2005
    1,879 Posts
    Not the white people! Nooo!

Actually thats really fucking sad, I can't believe that.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    I hate how they hesitate to call it racist, if it was the other way round it'd be pretty much instantly called a racial crime.

5. Post #5
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    I don't understand why the police are always so cautious to say there are racist motives when black people take these actions. With the words said and target group, isn't it pretty obvious.

And of course, any crime where a white man assaults a black man is assumed to be a hate crime by the police.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    530 Posts
    Time to go get some spooks :clint:

(User was banned for this post ("Just because it's a thread about a racist crime doesn't make it okay to post racial slurs." - ventilated))

7. Post #7
    August 2005
    46 Posts
    Should grab a chainsaw and a welding mask and fucking goto town on them. Or at least scream like a psycho while holding the chainsaw and mask on and see if they mess with you then. Or get a baseball bat and goto town on them. Sure there could be 50 of them, but then you may as well get a SMG and then you'll be alright.

8. Post #8
    December 2007
    451 Posts
    The white family is racist for not dying.

9. Post #9
    December 2008
    465 Posts
    I'd like to hear the full story behind this.
    I mean, the OP IS snuwoods, who has always had racist/homophobic/bigoted views.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    825 Posts
    Why do they need to specify the weight of the daughter?

??

11. Post #11
    April 2005
    1,788 Posts
    Oh no, double standards for race? THIS CANNOT BE TRUE!
    Also how shitty is that? You get your ass beaten to a pulp and have to pay thousands of dollars for it. Wooo america

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,929 Posts
    actually the police aren't hesitant to call it a hate crime, they just aren't able to decide between classifying it specifically as a hate crime, or just as a gang initiation

13. Post #13
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    black people can't be racist

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,929 Posts
    actually the police aren't hesitant to call it a hate crime, they just aren't able to decide between classifying it specifically as a hate crime, or just as a gang initiation

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    349 Posts
    I live about 15 minutes away from akron... never would have expected this to happen there

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    8,271 Posts
    Well it's not racist. Black people can't be racist, they're black! Only white people can be racist. In fact the white family are racist for not welcoming them to beat or kill them.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,929 Posts
    Well it's not racist. Black people can't be racist, they're black! Only white people can be racist. In fact the white family are racist for not welcoming them to beat or kill them.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    8,271 Posts
    I know that. But they did shout out "This is our world, This is a black world"

19. Post #19
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts
    Isn't it kind of funny how black people would vote for obama, but when obama want to bring in gay rights after the election, several white people vote but only a few blacks?

Explain that, it's easy to see that a lot of blacks are racist because they are mad that we had the kkk but all of that is over and they still want to bitch and scream, so what I think is, all racist blacks should shut the fuck up and be sent to jail for 10 years.Then again all of the jails in the US would fill up in a day.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,929 Posts
    I know that. But they did shout out "This is a black world"
    that could have been some gang ritual

gangs like to have retarded chants like that

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    8,271 Posts
    could be

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,929 Posts
    Isn't it kind of funny how black people would vote for obama, but when obama want to bring in gay rights after the election, several white people vote but only a few blacks?

Explain that, it's easy to see that a lot of blacks are racist because they are mad that we had the kkk but all of that is over and they still want to bitch and scream, so what I think is, all racist blacks should shut the fuck up and be sent to jail for 10 years.Then again all of the jails in the US would fill up in a day.
    black people are so racist, I hate black people for being racist

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,184 Posts
    Because these always take place in front of the entire family and include said family.

24. Post #24
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts
    black people are so racist, I hate black people for being racist
    I'm not racist, I am just saying that a ton of blacks are racist, I know a lot of blacks who aren't and they are great for not being so.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    let's talk more about black people and make big generalizations guys

won't someone think of the white people for a second???

26. Post #26
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts
    Plus they need to forget the fucking past.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,123 Posts
    Don't worry! As long as whites aren't attacking blacks, it's all good.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    Plus they need to forget the fucking past.
    look at how whitebread you are

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    525 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the KKK are still around.

Who ya gonna call?

30. Post #30
    May 2009
    361 Posts
    I hit my head on my desk and there was a ziploc bag under my head and it did not pop when I hit my head against it and now I have a headache

Who ya gonna call?
    Ass-busters

31. Post #31
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts

Who ya gonna call?
    The kkkbusters?

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,184 Posts
    gary is racsit because this foruim is themed wihite and blue.

like aryn blonde hair and white pople and blu eyes. gary should be arested for racism.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,699 Posts
    This story sounds like a load of BS.

with gems like this:

It came after a family night of celebrating America and freedom
    It just makes it sound like people are victimizing themselves :/

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,123 Posts
    They kkkbusters?
    :ughh:

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,929 Posts
    Don't worry! As long as whites aren't attacking blacks, it's all good.

gary is racsit because this foruim is themed wihite and blue.

like aryn blonde hair and white pople and blu eyes. gary should be arested for racism.

36. Post #36
    October 2008
    66 Posts
    If this was the other way around then Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson, etc. and the media would be all over this. There's a double standard.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,174 Posts
    i'm pretty sure the kkk are still around.

Who ya gonna call?
    ghostbusters!

Edit:
    Shit, Im late

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,929 Posts
    If this was the other way around then Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson, etc. and the media would be all over this. There's a double standard. I hate black people. They're the piss of this world.
    you are just extravagantly disconnected from logic and reason, aren't you?

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,318 Posts
    would that happen in my area, Hells angels or bandidos would kick their ass. Damn i love my neighborhood :D

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    214 Posts

It just makes it sound like people are victimizing themselves :/
    Well, usually the victims victimize themselves.