1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    Please note: I am NOT a member of [WcK]. I'm just a friend of the admins who plays on the server a lot and would hate for it to disappear.

The WcK TF2 server is a west-coast US server running a healthy and delicious mix of stock and custom maps. We at the server welcome players of all skill levels- as long as you're not a douchebag, you're welcome here. here's the rundown on what we do:

-swearing, blaspheming and general foulmouthery is allowed (and encouraged!), just keep it friendly. If you do rage, prepare to be laughed at.

-HLSS is allowed, but be courteous, wait your turn so it doesn't turn into an ear-destroying clusterfuck. Also, full length songs during start-up only, please.

-sv_pure is 0. Like custom sounds and textures? So do we! come on in.

-Why so serious? This is a fun server, expect to see some shenanigans like melee-only (usually when the server is almost empty), uber spies, and other fun stuff. However, full-on griefing is tolerated only as long as it's funny

-respect the admins. They're cool guys with sense of humor, so they only kick/ban when they REALLY have to. Keep it jolly and you'll be fine.

-we got sourcemod, that means everything from mapvotes to FF on during pregame.

We normally just play and see what happens, but sometimes awesome things come up like tonight's combination heavy picnic tower/engie rave:

videos coming soon.

Now that I have your attention, some bad news. The server owner is considering shutting down the server because of the lack of traffic lately. THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN! All you have to do is show us you care by playing on this wonderful server.

The server IP is 63.208.142.34:27015. I hope to see you there soon, my steam name is Mr. Strelok.

:siren:JOIN THIS STEAM GROUP!:siren:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wckclan

This is where events will be posted, so join up and watch that space!

2. Post #2
    February 2008
    407 Posts
    Also, full length songs during start-up only, please.
    Why

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    Because trying to chat ingame over them is annoying. regular soundclips are fine.

4. Post #4
    You'll have to speak up. I'm wearing a towel.
    January 2007
    762 Posts
    HLSS/HLDJ are just annoying. I occasionally use it to play a sound clip, but full length songs just piss everyone off

5. Post #5
    September 2008
    174 Posts
    Seems ok

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    HLSS/HLDJ are just annoying. I occasionally use it to play a sound clip, but full length songs just piss everyone off
    hence only having them during setup, that way they're more of a soundtrack than an annoyance.

Edited:

Seems ok
    Hope to see you there!

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    bumpin this shit yo

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    12,342 Posts
    Will be on there to grief l8r!

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    Will be on there to grief l8r!
    Fine by me, although I can't guarantee what will happen once it stops being funny

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,707 Posts
    This sounds like a server that I would enjoy. Not EGO swearing filter shit, everything's laidback, and my custom knife model isn't wireframe. Sounds good.

I'll try to be there. I don't play TF2 much, but when I do, I'll be sure to stop by once in a while.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,553 Posts
    I'll be happy to join. Should we set up a time?

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    Excellent, always fun to get more people in there. I can't set up a time now, but once one of the admins gets online, I'll talk to him and set something up. Thanks for the continued interest, guys.

13. Post #13
    December 2008
    859 Posts
    I'll join in, mainly because I'm on the west coast and all the other servers are either located in hick country or across the waters.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,799 Posts
    I'll probably come by.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    URL for the steam group is now in the OP. We'll be doing an event sometime today, so MAKE SURE YOU JOIN!

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    I am in wcK, and I had the idea of hosting the server on a box that I have for a while until we can figure something out. (Currently running a L4D server hosted in Arizona.) I've known RAAP ever since the good ol' days in css and hate to see the server go down on such short notice. I'm in the steam group as Insane.wcK

17. Post #17
    tob
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    920 Posts
    I might play in a bit.

Ze_Riprar is meh name.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    I am in wcK, and I had the idea of hosting the server on a box that I have for a while until we can figure something out. (Currently running a L4D server hosted in Arizona.) I've known RAAP ever since the good ol' days in css and hate to see the server go down on such short notice. I'm in the steam group as Insane.wcK
    That's really good of you, but we're trying to keep the one we've got! If rephlex wants to shut it down because of low traffic, then there's nothing to do but get more people in.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    910 Posts
    I'd play today but I gotta study for finals :/ Summer school sucks ass, especially when you've never taken the class before.

Edited:

That's really good of you, but we're trying to keep the one we've got! If rephlex wants to shut it down because of low traffic, then there's nothing to do but get more people in.
    I thought it was also do to funds towards the server.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    I'd play today but I gotta study for finals :/ Summer school sucks ass, especially when you've never taken the class before.

Edited:

I thought it was also do to funds towards the server.
    That too, but I don't want to ask people for money before they've even played on the server. I'd be happy to donate once I get a bit of scratch together.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,818 Posts
    OK, if anyone wants to play with me in the server, now's the time!

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,540 Posts
    Change the name.

Don't make it sound you all want to be black.