1. Post #1
    January 2009
    13 Posts
    This is a simple Lua script and module to set your voice_input.wav file, allowing you to basically recreate what HLSS does.

Download:

Or http://chrisaster.net/files/Lua-HLSS.zip

(Module source at http://chrisaster.net/files/gmcl_voiceinput.zip)

Installation:

The folder structure is already layed out in the download link, so all you need to do is extract it into your garrysmod/garrysmod folder.

Usage:

+voicerecord2 / -voicerecord2 = Start / Stop

HLSS_menu = Menu

Adding songs:

If you have not before, read this - http://www.hlss.us/index.php?p=7 , because this is the format you need for your music.

To add songs to your playlist you can either create a folder called "HLSS" in your Garry's Mod sound folder and place the files there (recommended), or you can use the interface add feature. It is also possible to remove songs from your playlist through the interface, however only if they have been added via the add button.

How to choose the song you want to use:

This only takes a few clicks. All you have to do is select the song you want to play and then click the "Use selected file" button.

Screenshot:

Please post any bugs you may come across in this thread.

Log:

3rd June 2009, 19:14 (GMT)

- Added a path column to prevent the problem of not being able to see file names of long paths

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    Only downside is the inability to use in scriptenforce servers.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,231 Posts
    I might be being naive but I'm not sure I want to get anything from http://chrisaster.net/

4. Post #4
    April 2008
    651 Posts
    You do realize that it wasn't Chrisaster who made that exploit, right?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,349 Posts
    My idea! Anyway nicely done.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,061 Posts
    Looks a lot easier to set up than regular HLSS. Nice work.

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    Nice work, Do you still need to convert your songs and all that junk like you need to do with regular HLSS?

8. Post #8

January 2009
    28 Posts
    This is sweet good thing I have scriptinforcer bypassed so I can troll with this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    820 Posts
    This is sweet good thing I have scriptinforcer bypassed so I can troll with this
    Pics or it didn't happen.

10. Post #10

January 2009
    28 Posts
    dude its just memory editing its not hard

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,349 Posts
    ^ True.

12. Post #12
    January 2009
    13 Posts
    Nice work, Do you still need to convert your songs and all that junk like you need to do with regular HLSS?
    Adding songs:

If you have not before, read this - http://www.hlss.us/index.php?p=7 , because this is the format you need for your music.
    Unfortunately yes :(

13. Post #13
    likes men
    May 2007
    1,715 Posts
    Can't wait for someone to make an addon to allow the server stream music through the VoiceCom.

14. Post #14
    August 2008
    226 Posts
    The server can't use the mic. Use concommands, Sendlua // or datastream and then just use HTTP:OpenUrl on all clients. Done and dusted.

This is a very good module Chris ;)

For those idiots who click the garrysmod.org link and see it as flagged, and go "Oh naaow, lau virrs" , garrysmod.org flags all.dlls untill they get checked. It is perfectly safe.

15. Post #15
    January 2009
    13 Posts
    The server can't use the mic. Use concommands, Sendlua // or datastream and then just use HTTP:OpenUrl on all clients. Done and dusted.

This is a very good module Chris ;)

For those idiots who click the garrysmod.org link and see it as flagged, and go "Oh naaow, lau virrs" , garrysmod.org flags all.dlls untill they get checked. It is perfectly safe.
    The file was removed anyway. :(

16. Post #16
    July 2008
    122 Posts
    Wow. this this is cool looking... i have tryed normal HLSS and its hell to set up... but this one is so easy to use.

Thanks alot! :D

EDIT:

ok. i DLed it and the menus and stuff work... but when i added the HLSS file to garrysmod/garrysmod
    and i converted some stuff to .wavs it dosent show up in the menu...

i also get this error:
    autorun/client/Lua-HLSS.lua:39: attempt to call field 'Read' (a nil value)

EDIT2:

AND the "add" and "remove" buttons and the textbox arnt showing...

Can somone help me out?

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,061 Posts
    Sounds like something to do with the DLL not getting installed properly. Check all the directories and whatnot and make sure everything is in it's proper place.

18. Post #18
    July 2008
    122 Posts
    Alright.

im going to try and Re-Install it... it seems i have put two copy's in and that screwed it up. ill update this thread if it works or not.

EDIT:

Ok i reinstalled and it did nothing. the ad and remove buttons still arnt showing...

19. Post #19
    January 2009
    13 Posts
    Alright.

im going to try and Re-Install it... it seems i have put two copy's in and that screwed it up. ill update this thread if it works or not.

EDIT:

Ok i reinstalled and it did nothing. the ad and remove buttons still arnt showing...
    You may have an addon that is overwriting some functions/libraries (file.Read). You could try http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Cleaning_GMod

20. Post #20
    July 2008
    122 Posts
    I just reinstalled Gmod 3 days ago and all thats on it are: TNB pack, Wire (latest) and PHX3.

and i don't think any of those would conflict with Lua-HLSS

21. Post #21
    January 2009
    13 Posts
    I just reinstalled Gmod 3 days ago and all thats on it are: TNB pack, Wire (latest) and PHX3.

and i don't think any of those would conflict with Lua-HLSS
    It could be the TNB pack conflicting with some of the functions. Try removing it then running Lua-HLSS.

22. Post #22
    July 2008
    122 Posts
    Ok ill try that. if it dosent work its the file and not my GMod.

23. Post #23
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    Hey, Im trying yo use this but all I get when I try to use HLSS_menu is that it is unrecognised command. I've checked the lua file and it should work, Ill try putting it in server.

24. Post #24
    August 2006
    206 Posts
    Just use HLSS program it's easier than this "Lua-hlss".

25. Post #25
    November 2007
    78 Posts
    Well, it plays for me...but....they play in super slo-mo.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,349 Posts
    You need to convert them, source can only handle a frequency of 11025 and nothing else.