1. Post #1
    March 2007
    268 Posts
    I came across some drumming videos, in particularly one where I mother recorded he infant son playing a junior drum kit. I left the comment of him not really being a prodigy, and the video itself being, well stupid, considering she thinks her son is amazing and in reality he's not even relatively rhythmic. Now yes he's only 18 months old, but he just isn't worth the video and hype. So as usual I leave a comment stating how the video is lackluster and I am confronted with stereotypes like; nerd who does nothing but leave negative comments.

Here's what I don't understand. I browse youtube as much a another user who might confront me, perhaps even less. How does leaving a negative comment as oppose to a positive comment turn my into a user who does nothing but leave harmful comments? They have no other rebuttal to propose to me, so they make such posteriors claims.

Wall of text; next time a person on youtube addresses you as a nerd who living in his mom's basement and trolls video posters, reply: I am a user such as yourself who left a negative comment as oppose to a positive one, how does this imply that I conform to the said stereotype.

I suppose this really is just nerd rage, but damn, you can state your thought on youtube with out a mass of fans of the video making ridiculous claims.

I used to wrong example to convent my point, you've cheifly expressed my point about the child is incorrect. I will now refer my commenting to Runescape music videos.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,694 Posts
    Youtubers are often very unintelligent.

^
    I've posted this from my sister's Iphone, I have made an accomplishment :4chan:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2007
    41 Posts
    Youtube has a shit community, get used to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,354 Posts
    Well, people can post anything they want on youtube - it doesn't have to be good. Some people just post stuff to share within their circle of friends.

So you criticized an 18-month-old drummer, and I don't blame anyone for finding that kind of lame. It is what it is - picking on a baby.

edit:also, it's spelled 'incoherent'

5. Post #5
    March 2007
    268 Posts
    catmana posted:
    Youtube has a shit community, get used to it.
    That pretty much summarized my 240 words into 9.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,242 Posts
    Reading Youtube comments activly damages one's ability to logic, due to the extreme stupidity eminating from said commenters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2007
    268 Posts
    Metanoia posted:
    Well, people can post anything they want on youtube - it doesn't have to be good. Some people just post stuff to share within their circle of friends.

So you criticized an 18-month-old drummer, and I don't blame anyone for finding that kind of lame. It is what it is - picking on a baby.
    Specific example. Maybe my ethics are wrong, but my god I couldn't stand her arrogant and pompous attitude towards her son. Almost worse than how angsty teens think they are smart.

Really it could be any age before 10, I've got news the only prodigy drummer on youtube is Jacob Armen.

8. Post #8
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts
    Youtube has one of the worst community's on the internet.

Really, go to any semi-popular/popular video and look at the comments.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,354 Posts
    M477 posted:
    Specific example. Maybe my ethics are wrong, but my god I couldn't stand her arrogant and pompous attitude towards her son. Almost worse than how angsty teens think they are smart.

Really it could be any age before 10, I've got news the only prodigy drummer on youtube is Jacob Armen.
    Every parent wants to be proud of their kid. If you had a baby in your belly for 9 months, and 18 months later it was drumming, you'd be pretty impressed.

As for the shit community, that will happen to any site with mass-popularity. The truth is, most people are stupid. The best thing you can do is educate those who want to learn, and ignore the rest.

10. Post #10
    November 2008
    3 Posts
    Oh it gets worse..

Never leave a bad comment on Fred's videos. :geno:

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,428 Posts
    M477 posted:
    It's her child.

It's no worse than seeing bumper stickers that say "MY SON IS AN HONOR STUDENT"

Parents are proud of their kids. Nothing new.

12. Post #12
    POLITICAN
    Dennab
    August 2008
    7,023 Posts
    Soulja boi is da shit

next comment

u blak ass bitch i'm prt of da kkk if udnt listn i kil you k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2007
    26 Posts
    You know, sometimes it depends on where you are. I've noticed the recordings of high school and college level choirs to have intelligent...or at least not retarded comments.

Also, a cappella groups are the same deal.

Then again, I'm a singer, so that's what I use youtube for.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,214 Posts
    Why did you comment on it in the first place? I don't get it.

The video(as you described) was obviously not to be taken super seriously. It's kinda like if a baby took his first steps, and everyone around him cheered, and only you went "So? I've been walking for more than ten years now. I can run too. It's really nothing special."

You see what I'm getting at?

Edit:

My point is, you didn't REALLY need to comment on it now did you? If you want to be smart, just don't comment on the videos at all.

15. Post #15
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,100 Posts
    It's because it's accesible and avaliable to the unwashed masses, and that means trailer trash who like soulja boi.

Everyone knows what it is, everyone goes to it, everyone hears about it. It's no wonder it attracts so many dumb people, the smart people just don't comment on videos.

Edit:

BGOmega posted:
    You know, sometimes it depends on where you are. I've noticed the recordings of high school and college level choirs to have intelligent...or at least not retarded comments.

Also, a cappella groups are the same deal.

Then again, I'm a singer, so that's what I use youtube for.
    This, too. If it's a subject with little to no appeal to people that are stupid, it's going to have nice comments.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,991 Posts
    A lot of youtubers are myspace users who post their "crunk videos yo" on youtube.

And if you posted on their friend's video negatively they get all protective.

Also ironic when they say you don't have a life, i know a person who is on myspace and really only goes outside to take pictures of her friend to put up on her page.

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    July 2007
    183 Posts
    Maybe it's because it appeals to the general population of humans which happens to be a bunch of dumbasses.

Also why the hell do people bitch about this kind of shit, people are stupid and ignorant, you'll learn that as you get older, there's nothing you can do except hope that natural selection takes place and gets rid of them. Also you're one of those ignorant and dumb people because you're taking the time to make a thread about this and reply to every comment.

18. Post #18
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,100 Posts
    mysteryman posted:
    A lot of youtubers are myspace users who post their "crunk videos yo" on youtube.

And if you posted on their friend's video negatively they get all protective.

Also ironic when they say you don't have a life, i know a person who is on myspace and really only goes outside to take pictures of her friend to put up on her page.
    I wouldn't say that youtube and myspace are related, it's just that most people who are stupid on youtube also visit myspace. They're the same kind of people.

If you're dealing with the same type of people who make those comments, you're going to get similar confrontations about protecting friends.

19. Post #19
    February 2007
    9 Posts
    I only have 33,000 views on my video, yet it's already beginning to fill with racism and total idiocy.

20. Post #20
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    billeh! posted:
    Reading Youtube comments activly damages one's ability to logic, due to the extreme stupidity eminating from said commenters.
    Apparently it also damages one's ability to spell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2007
    7 Posts
    TH89 posted:
    Apparently it also damages one's ability to spell
    And punctuation ability if you wish to nitpick.

22. Post #22
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    thereisno133 posted:
    And punctuation ability if you wish to nitpick.
    I've made my choice

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    772 Posts
    At one point i wanted to make a library of the most stupid youtube comments i could find.

I have these so far:

IS NOT my fault if your parents make with poo
    how munch is fricken 30 lbs in american dollers

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    830 Posts
    What gets me is when they say "If you don't like a video, don't watch it."

What the fuck am I, an omniscient being? I don't fucking know whether I will like a video until I watch it, and sometimes I would like to comment on what I saw, whether it be good or bad.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,991 Posts
    M477 posted:
    That video was actually pretty decent.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,944 Posts
    YouTube; Just watch. Don't read, don't post.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,247 Posts
    s0m3_guy posted:
    YouTube; Just watch. Don't read, don't post.
    I've got a FireFox plugin which hides all Youtube comments that have improper spelling or grammar.

Saves the good 2 or 3 comments for my viewing, while removing the hundereds of stupid ones.

28. Post #28
    August 2007
    41 Posts
    1/4 Life posted:
    I've got a FireFox plugin which hides all Youtube comments that have improper spelling or grammar.

Saves the good 2 or 3 comments for my viewing, while removing the hundereds of stupid ones.
    Where can I get said plugin?

29. Post #29
    A cardboard cut-out of a man.
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    On the mother: You cut down her hope in her child so she backlashed
    on the whole damn community: Everyone on the internet knows about youtube, so every single kid who can say "I want a computer" can get on there and say stupid things, kids these days have no respect whatsoever and no intelligence, and the place practically has no rules, that's why whenever you go on there to listen to music there's always some kid that says something like:
    omg led zeplin sux
    and they have videos of them playing songs by bands like korn on a cheap ass walmart guitar and on their favorites is videos like fall out boy. Point being, youtube has replaced 4chan in being the asshole of the internet.

1/4 Life posted:

Please post it, you will save everyone on here a LOT of time.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    173 Posts
    Mac2468 posted:
    On the mother: You cut down her hope in her child so she backlashed
    on the whole damn community: Everyone on the internet knows about youtube, so every single kid who can say "I want a computer" can get on there and say stupid things, kids these days have no respect whatsoever and no intelligence, and the place practically has no rules, that's why whenever you go on there to listen to music there's always some kid that says something like:

and they have videos of them playing songs by bands like korn on a cheap ass walmart guitar and on their favorites is videos like fall out boy. Point being, youtube has replaced 4chan in being the asshole of the internet.
    I do believe that Youtube is 4chan's asshole. So it's the asshole of the asshole.

31. Post #31
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    Duckmurderer posted:
    I do believe that Youtube is 4chan's asshole. So it's the asshole of the asshole.
    That also makes sense.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,247 Posts
    catmana posted:
    Where can I get said plugin?
    Right here.

Edit:

M477's video:

Comment at the top isn't me, and is just as stupid as all of the hidden ones. I need to find a way to tweak the plugin's excessive punctuation checker to only allow one per sentence, or improve on it so it looks for common AOL abbreviations.

33. Post #33
    September 2007
    35 Posts
    Youtube community are fucktards and always will be, example they will delete videos of anything that even slightly copyright infringes yet they will leave videos of poor people getting exploited like getting bashed for the world to see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    1/4 Life posted:
    Right here.

Edit:

M477's video:

Comment at the top isn't me, and is just as stupid as all of the hidden ones. I need to find a way to tweak the plugin's excessive punctuation checker to only allow one per sentence, or improve on it so it looks for common AOL abbreviations.
    You rock man.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,343 Posts
    Welcome to the internet.

36. Post #36
    July 2007
    4,954 Posts
    give 10-24 year olds the chance for 5 minutes of fame and opinions = shit hole

37. Post #37
    February 2005
    20 Posts
    1/4 Life posted:
    Right here.

Edit:

M477's video:

Ahah might as well not even scroll to the comments.

38. Post #38
    May 2008
    260 Posts

Narutards

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,247 Posts
    Oh man, that's awesome.

Great find.

40. Post #40
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,342 Posts
    Just download the Youtube comment filter.

I downloaded it and it basically filters out 90% of the comments.