1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts

Pretty spot on IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 157Winner x 8Dumb x 4Artistic x 2Disagree x 1Funny x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2011
    1,572 Posts
    I played the shit out of CoD 4 but the series is getting stale, that's for damn sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 36Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    I played the shit out of CoD 4 but the series is getting stale, that's for damn sure.
    It's going to die like Guitar Hero did, a victim of its own success.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 41Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    I am not a cool person please ignore everything I say
    May 2010
    4,054 Posts
    Okay, we all get it. Call of Duty is slowly getting worse.

This has been said for months. No need to keep attacking it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 56Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,564 Posts
    Okay, we all get it. Call of Duty is slowly getting worse.

This has been said for months. No need to keep attacking it.
    'No need' is the key word(s), sometimes there are really no reasons as to why people react to anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts
    I hate to admit it, but I enjoyed the game during the free weekend. I still wouldn't say it's a good game, but it's useful for killing a dull afternoon.

Is it worth the money they want? Absolutely not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,053 Posts
    Why would he waste his time over-analyzing Call of Duty?

The bandwagon of hatred of Call of Duty is in my opinion more annoying than people who think it's the greatest game of all time.
    If you don't like something, stop giving it attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 47Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,881 Posts
    I agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 7Useful Useful x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    785 Posts
    That happened to me so many times playing COD. I am killing waves and waves of enemies only to realize I have to run forward while they're still there to stop them from spawning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 43Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,881 Posts
    The same reason you'd analyse any failure: to figure out how to do better next time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,188 Posts
    The same reason you'd analyse any failure: to figure out how to do better next time.
    A failure in what way? I enjoyed the hell out of CoD4. Alot of the things he mentioned where true but it doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,389 Posts
    people will start realizing this after Bo2

a lot of my friends didn't buy Mw3, hopefully Bo2 helps get the message through
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,602 Posts
    i totally agree with him in 20 years people will only remember call of duty not any good war movies or other crap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,881 Posts
    A failure in what way? I enjoyed the hell out of CoD4. Alot of the things he mentioned where true but it doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad game.
    I phrased that poorly. I don't mean to say Call of Duty 4 was a failure, just that it's good to analyse things that went well and things that didn't so that you can suggest improvements in the future.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,151 Posts
    blood on the screen so realistic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 37Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    "World War II was real?" - Quote from some kid I know after playing Call of Duty 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Funny Funny x 47Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    "World War II was real?" - Quote from some kid I know after playing Call of Duty 2
    It's not that surprising. A lot of knowledge is passed through media. I don't blame a kid not knowing about WW2 since the History Channel doesn't do back to back documentaries on it, games aren't really made about it, and films aren't often set there anymore.

When was the last time a real big WW2 game or film was made? It's been a couple years at least. It went through a phase then sorta got played out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20 (list)

18. Post #18
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,958 Posts
    Earlier this year I bought MW3. I enjoyed MW2 for the special ops, campaign and multiplayer. I popped the game in, played for a week, and sold it. It is literally the same thing as mw2. They have slightly updated models, but most of the guns are just the same thing from the old game. The community is retarded, and usually just says FACKING HAX FAG me everytime they lose. I don't know why I was so oblivious to the shittyness of MW2, and Black ops before it. Its the same thing over and over. I can't wait until this series dies out because it is not doing itself good anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    I thought most teenagers learnt about World War II in history class? When I say kid, I don't mean 5 years old. I mean 15 (I'm 30, so everyone under 18 is a kid to me, which is obnoxious, but it comes with age).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

20. Post #20
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,958 Posts
    I thought most teenagers learnt about World War II in history class? When I say kid, I don't mean 5 years old. I mean 15 (I'm 30, so everyone under 18 is a kid to me, which is obnoxious, but it comes with age).
    They don't teach us about war in school. I have had to do my own research to figure stuff out. The reason they do it is because they don't think it's important enough or some might find it offensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 24Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,643 Posts
    Uhh yeah, if you're calling CoD shit because its singleplayer sucks, you need to do some long and hard thinking about the depths to which you will sink to complain about something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    Their have been a few good games recently that attempted new things but just didn't take off. Brink was actually a really good team based shooter that relied on classes that complimented each other. It is such a shame that the AI was rubbish because when you were playing 8v8 humans, it was amazing. A lot of indie games have recently attempted new ideas and were really fun, but once again, noone plays them (there was one about ninjas in some 3d thing an you could fly around and I forget the name of it). Also, Monday Night Combat was good. Dungeon Defenders tried new things, although now, it's just a bunch of hackers with high end gear that boot you out of dungeons for not having high end gear, but you can't get the high end stuff unless you raid with them.

Natural Selection is shaping up to be good and that Nuclear Dawn game is pretty decent, except it fails at it's end of round stuff where you just keep respawning and dying while your base gets hammered. That part of it is boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I don't think any of my classes really touched on it with any real depth. They mostly went into US history and Pacific Northwest history(since I live in Washington).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2010
    1,166 Posts
    They don't teach us about war in school. I have had to do my own research to figure stuff out. The reason they do it is because they don't think it's important enough or some might find it offensive.
    Unlucky. I got to play Wargames in high school to learn about World War II. I also got to watch Monty Python Holy Grail in History when we were doing Medieval stuff. My history teacher was pretty chill. However, in Australia, ANZAC history is a pretty big thing.

25. Post #25
    hey
    August 2006
    5,529 Posts
    people will start realizing this after Bo2

a lot of my friends didn't buy Mw3, hopefully Bo2 helps get the message through
    because some people find the Call of Duty games fun?

honestly, who cares

it's just a computer game, no need to give it more attention than it needs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,958 Posts
    It's not the teachers, it's mostly the state.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,003 Posts

The bandwagon of hatred of Call of Duty is in my opinion more annoying than people who think it's the greatest game of all time.

It's one of the most popular franchises, has influenced several of the major game releases in recent times and is becoming/has become a cultural icon.

The post-Modern Warfare Call of Duties are one of the biggest things currently in the gaming industry. I think it's worth talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2010
    3,894 Posts
    That was actually a well made video, at least he summed up what's wrong with the game/genre/franchise maturely rather than going the usual "LOL COD SUX I SO 1337 ON THE BANDWAGON!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

29. Post #29
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,795 Posts
    I'll agree mostly, although I thought MW2 was much worse than COD4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,003 Posts

honestly, who cares

That's like saying (about films) 'it's just a movie'.

Games are growing in importance and use. Most age demographics play games on some level and, like movies and books and every other mainstream cultural product, games will have an effect on peoples' outlook.

I'm not saying that playing CoD will turn a kid into a cold-blooded killer. But it is important to remember that everything we're exposed to will influence us in some way. Films can change the way we perceive and think about social issues. Music can inspire social activism and protest. Games are no different and, given the increasing spread of gaming as both a pastime and area of employment their cultural impact is only going to increase.

31. Post #31
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,224 Posts

honestly, who cares

Did you listen? He clearly explained that the game is a bad disturbance to the market as its financial success makes other companies emulate its design without even knowing why it was that successful.

And he tells that too: Because it deceives you into thinking you are still playing while all you do is clicking the play button on the dvd player thousands of times to watch the movie go on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,617 Posts

"Why would he waste his time over-analyzing sports?"

"Why would he waste his time over-analyzing science?"

"Why would he waste his time over-analyzing politics?"

This mindset always amuses me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    And 10.000 more reasons

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,188 Posts
    Did you listen? He clearly explained that the game is a bad disturbance to the market as its financial success makes other companies emulate its design without even knowing why it was that successful.

And he tells that too: Because it deceives you into thinking you are still playing while all you do is clicking the play button on the dvd player thousands of times to watch the movie go on.
    Call of Duty generally is a linear experience but to equate it to pressing buttons on a dvd player is stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,517 Posts
    Oh look, Instig8iveJournalism.

Nothing to see here, just a guy who likes to jump on bandwagons very late and says the same shit as everyone else just to be cool.

Not that I disagree with him, in fact what he's saying is right, but he's an attention whore. Everything he spouts is years late and is nothing more than a regurgitating of what hundreds of people before him said back when it was fresh.

See his videos on Bioware and Hamburger Helper, it's all shit we already knew.

He is completely right, but he's just jumping on the bandwagon very late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Official Moose of DD
    August 2010
    5,176 Posts
    Uhh yeah, if you're calling CoD shit because its singleplayer sucks, you need to do some long and hard thinking about the depths to which you will sink to complain about something
    So what you are saying is it's okay to have a terrible single player as long as the multiplayer is good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    it's fun to kill time, but obviously broken and terribly bad for competition.

Edited:

I'll agree mostly, although I thought MW2 was much worse than COD4.
    cod4 was ok

mw2 was obviously shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    So what you are saying is it's okay to have a terrible single player as long as the multiplayer is good?
    Yea, it is actually. TF2 and CS have no singleplayer but excellent multiplayer.

I just think CoD shouldn't even put in a singleplayer anymore since the campaigns are always so shitty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,517 Posts
    Yea, it is actually. TF2 and CS have no singleplayer but excellent multiplayer.

I just think CoD shouldn't even put in a singleplayer anymore since the campaigns are always so shitty.
    I think the reason they've been having SP is the same reason Halo 3 and Reach had SP.

Publisher requirements.

Hell, if they got rid of SP in the next COD then we might have some real innovation going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    beep
    January 2006
    7,464 Posts
    actually they removed the never ending spawns in most areas in blops and MW3. there were only a few and that was to make it more intense for that section.