1. Post #1
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Organizers of the London Olympics approached the Who's manager to inquire about having Keith Moon play at an Olympics event despite the drummer being dead for nearly 34 years, the Sunday Times reports.

"I emailed back saying Keith now resides in Golders Green crematorium, having lived up to the Who's anthemic line 'I hope I die before I get old'," the band's longtime manager, Bill Curbishley, told the Times. "If they have a round table, some glasses and candles, we might contact him."

Moon died in 1978 at the age of 32 from an an accidental overdose of prescription pills. The Olympics organizers wanted the late drummer to take part in the Symphony of Rock, a celebration of British pop culture that will be part of the Games' closing ceremony on August 12th.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz1s5Gm4oOR
    Personally I think it's a great PR move that will inform millions of Americans that the band didn't only do the theme songs for all the CSIs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,494 Posts
    I don't get it.
    Is this a joke or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

3. Post #3

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    They're having a dead guy at the closing ceremony?

4. Post #4
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    i can imagine them bringing the burial urn onstage and telling it to sing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #5
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,392 Posts
    Iron Maiden should play at the Olympics, being england and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,833 Posts
    Electric Wizard should totally play at the olympics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,222 Posts
    Have the Beetles reunite for the Olympics!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,773 Posts
    Have the Beetles reunite for the Olympics!
    Oh yeah totally, I mean they aren't too old to rock. John Lennon is only like what... 40 years old? Ah yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,389 Posts
    They're having a dead guy at the closing ceremony?
    Well with the way everything has been organized and set-up, I would say that is an improvement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    have Oasis play at the Olympics.
    at the end the stage will blow up fatally injuring both Gallagher brothers and usher in a new age of tolerance and peace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 27Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Internet Detective (HBIED certified)
    August 2007
    7,224 Posts
    Sounds like Wikipedia's blocked at the Olympic Organizing Committee's offices
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #12

April 2012
    42 Posts
    Oh yeah totally, I mean they aren't too old to rock. John Lennon is only like what... 40 years old? Ah yeah.
    Most of Deep Purple is like 60+ and they still tour/play. They are British as well, and have some fucking excellent songs (Smoke on the water, cut runs deep, burn, etc)

Edited:

Yes, Deep Purple should play at the Olympics. They are a hugely influential band and have so many good hits. Name me one person that doesn't know the tune to smoke on the water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    Most of Deep Purple is like 60+ and they still tour/play. They are British as well, and have some fucking excellent songs (Smoke on the water, cut runs deep, burn, etc)

Edited:

Yes, Deep Purple should play at the Olympics. They are a hugely influential band and have so many good hits. Name me one person that doesn't know the tune to smoke on the water.
    English prog is something that belongs in the 70's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2010
    6,257 Posts
    Can we drag down Alestorm from Scotland?
    Then get everyone so hammered that they don't realise that Beijing's olympics was better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    Jackie Moon would be the best closing act.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16

April 2012
    42 Posts
    They are still kicking rad. I have their entire discography (minus about 20 songs i removed i did not like) on my iPod. Alot of the people I know that listen to them to see what I am into like 'em.

17. Post #17
    March 2010
    1,314 Posts
    Iron Maiden should play at the Olympics, being england and all.
    Imagining Eddie in a huge Team GB outfit

18. Post #18
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,945 Posts
    i didn't know deep purple was considered english prog
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,222 Posts

Edited:

Dude. John Lennon is dead. That's the joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    i didn't know deep purple was considered english prog
    it's prog-ish
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    it's prog-ish
    Aside from Child in Time. No.

Also prog is good okay.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,076 Posts
    it's prog-ish
    Ehm, it's classical rock. Do you perhaps consider Led Zeppelin prog'ish too?
    Oh, and Deep Purple is still going strong.

23. Post #23
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    Stairway to Heaven is radio-prog basically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    May 2007
    463 Posts
    They should get Freddie Mercury up in that lineup as well...

25. Post #25
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    He'll be over the moon about this...

And it's starts....

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    have Oasis play at the Olympics.
    at the end the stage will blow up fatally injuring both Gallagher brothers and usher in a new age of tolerance and peace.
    I don't get this joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,045 Posts
    have some cockney rappers perform! please!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Disregard Flagdog I'm British
    August 2010
    9,439 Posts
    They should have the Prodigy do all the music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,155 Posts
    They should have the Prodigy do all the music.
    I fear the song Invaders Must Die won't be very welcoming to everyone from other Countries
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,351 Posts
    Stairway to Heaven is radio-prog basically.
    No no no. It's just a bit longer than usual for a song and has flutes, not prog.

If you'd named Achilles Last Stand I would've given you that one.

31. Post #31

April 2012
    42 Posts
    Oh, and Deep Purple is still going strong.
    Deep purple has done a lot of different kinds of music over their 18 albums - their first albums where very slow rock tunes, taking a lot of inspiration from blues, jazz and generally being psychedelic as hell.

In their hay day, their music got rougher and more brash, sliding themselves into hard rock, with some of their songs being considered heavy metal. Their later albums sort of leveled off, going back to what they originally did, but less psychedelic.

Never heard the term "classical rock" used to describe them.

32. Post #32
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,833 Posts
    Name me one person that doesn't know the tune to smoke on the water.
    Hello

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,744 Posts

Edited:

the rolling stones are another example of this

34. Post #34
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,797 Posts
    You'd recognize it if you heard it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2009
    534 Posts
    Can we just have David Tennant carry the Olympic torch because that would be amazing.

36. Post #36
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    they should have dragonforce do all the music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,836 Posts
    they should have dragonforce do all the music
    They complained all the Chinese performers were 'robot like' and 'repeating patterns'.

We don't want a repeat of that.

38. Post #38
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    it's the song everyone plays at guitar center after they played Stairway and Iron Man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    They complained all the Chinese performers were 'robot like' and 'repeating patterns'.

We don't want a repeat of that.
    it was a joke

40. Post #40
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,185 Posts
    Keith Moon's dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)