1. Post #1
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,969 Posts
    WHEN it comes to the zombie apocalypse, Australia is still the lucky country.

When the world becomes overrun by the brain-munching, foot-dragging undead - Aussies will be relatively safe, according to the Map of the Dead.

Creators Doejo have turned Google Maps into a survival guide, showing users the best and worst locations during a zombie outbreak.

The detailed battle plan includes red areas highlighting zombie danger zones and potential supply locations - featuring hospitals, gun shops, military bases and bottleshops.

Typically, cities are considered zombie breeding grounds, while parks and wilderness areas are safe zones.

Map of the Dead
    You want to survive? Avoid Sydney. Picture: Courtesy of Doejo

Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane should be avoided, according to the map. However, Fraser Island appears to be the perfect location to pick off those brain suckers as they attempt to cross the water.

And anyone who has seen Zombies Vs Shark will know rotting flesh is just as appealing to sharks as young, buff surfers.

Map of the Dead
    Fraser Island would be a great place to hide out the zombie invasion. Picture: Courtesy of Doejo

Australians thinking of heading to London for the Olympics may want to reconsider, should Old Blighty suffer zombie fever.

According to Map of the Dead, Old London Town is literally a breeding ground for the brain dead (The Only Way Is Essex, anyone?).

Map of the Dead
    Uh-oh, London is, like, totes a zombie haven. Picture: Courtesy of Doejo

Earlier this month Vladimir Putin confirmed Russia has been testing mind-bending psychotronic guns that can effectively turn people into zombies.

And with Texan Austin Fleming creating the Vagabond Mobile Zombie Safe House Device, Aussies should feel confident come the Day of the Dead.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/au...#ixzz1rnSdxQoB
    Link to it: http://www.mapofthedead.com/

It's pretty fucking sweet, the article on it isn't though

Population centres show up in red/pink. Gun stores, survival stores, hositals, shopping malls etc are all marked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 106Useful Useful x 6Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts
    Holy fucking shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 30Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,413 Posts
    Go anywhere that there are extremes in temperature, in Alaska and North Canada, the zombies will freeze in their tracks. Go to a hot desert and they will rot very fast and muscles will deteriorate making them very weak.

EDIT: on a side note, woo hoo for a Nat Guard armory in my town AND the next town over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,257 Posts
    Northern Russia, nothing will get you there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,969 Posts
    Northern Russia, nothing will get you there.
    Nor is their anything for you to eat there, you'd starve
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny x 33Agree x 4Zing x 4Disagree x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2011
    461 Posts

What?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 154Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,223 Posts
    Avoid Brisbane?

I live in Brisbane, this fucking sucks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,413 Posts
    I KNEW IT, All those resorts and spas were really just secret military bases!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 63Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,673 Posts
    I live just outside of the Danger Zone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 29Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,483 Posts
    My university is also marked as a Military. What sort of school did I sign up for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,223 Posts
    Turns out that my whole area is a danger zone, to get out of it and into the city id need a vechile.

I know some good hardware stores around but they could be over run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    wow thats pretty neat. Much easier on the eyes than google maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

13. Post #13
    Stanley Kubrick's #1 Fan
    June 2010
    944 Posts
    Nice to have a bunch of military bases in Colorado Springs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2008
    597 Posts
    I live in the goddamned danger zone but I'm surrounded by supplies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,673 Posts
    I live in the goddamned danger zone but I'm surrounded by supplies
    Yeah, and so are the zombies and everyone else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 47 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2008
    518 Posts
    Fuck me I live in jersey and the whole northern area is covered I am so dead but atleast i live near a few army bases and gun shops but i am still fucked since i have a lot of zombies to avoided if it ever happens.

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Fuck me I live in jersey and the whole northern area is covered I am so dead but atleast i live near a few army bases and gun shops but i am still fucked since i have a lot of zombies to avoided if it ever happens.
    You live in jersey? everyone there is already an orange zombie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 44Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,241 Posts
    The only thing close to me is a... dentist.

Gotta carve me some Zombie bodies. Hell yeah!

and a liquor store.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,926 Posts
    I'm in buttfuck nowhere in NW ontario so I'm pretty safe.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    583 Posts
    I live in what I thought was a small neighborhood in nobody-fucking-cares-ville but according to the map is pure evil. At least there is a Market Basket and Home Depot like three minutes away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,641 Posts
    I'm just surrounded by grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. There's only one gun store.
    And all of them are half an hour away.

I'm boned.

22. Post #22
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts
    What if a highway leads into a danger zone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 50Winner x 6Zing x 2Artistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    erryday i'm hustlin
    April 2010
    1,032 Posts
    Darwin would be the safest city. Biggest military hub, impossible terrain (they'd get stuck in swamps and marshes), deadly wildlife and a climate that'd help you smell them before you see them.

Alice springs already has a zombie problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2008
    518 Posts
    You live in jersey? everyone there is already an orange zombie.
    Mostly good part of jersey, I think we are one of the top 5 towns in the state so we are mostly ok, We have a lot of people doing weed as the drug of choice were i live not a lot of the hard stuff so its not horrible.

Edited:

The only thing close to me is a... dentist.

Gotta carve me some Zombie bodies. Hell yeah!

and a liquor store.
    dude Molotov's

25. Post #25
    GET OUT OF OUR CODE YOU FILTHY HACKERS 8-) BITCHES
    July 2009
    3,740 Posts
    Apparently my neighbors are pharmacists and doctors

cool

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    August 2008
    4,435 Posts
    What if a highway leads into a danger zone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 42Winner x 21Agree x 2Zing x 1Late x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,181 Posts
    Good thing Oahu has so much military presence.

Still, kind of unsettling to see the entire southern half of the island red.

28. Post #28
    May 2011
    1,010 Posts
    Well shit, in in basically the middle of San Jose CA and the danger zone, at least theres a Police station nearby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    February 2011
    1,416 Posts
    25 gun stores, fort bragg, 3 marine bases, 6 national guard depots, 2 air force bases in 150 miles come at me zeds

30. Post #30
    What the fuck I did not know there were so many doctors where I lived
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 48Winner Winner x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,110 Posts
    I'm int he middle of the city. I'm apparently not in a danger zone.

Useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2005
    1,397 Posts

Oh dear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 85 (list)

33. Post #33
    April 2008
    518 Posts
    Thats were it all began
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Not even Madagascar is safe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 43Funny Funny x 23 (list)

35. Post #35
    July 2010
    2,530 Posts
    guess who is fucked?~

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Mexico Show Events Zing Zing x 39Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36

May 2011
    1,095 Posts
    Why would you need a gun store? Wouldn't the giant spiders eat the zombies?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    guess who is fucked?~

At least you won't run out of gas too fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 48Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    December 2009
    13,738 Posts
    Apparently the largest danger zones in my city are the golf courses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 27Agree Agree x 9 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    I'm at the very edge of the danger zone.

There's 5 grocery stores, 2 pharmacies, 11 doctors.

That's about it in my city
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2011
    167 Posts
    Apparently the largest danger zones in my city are the golf courses.
    yeah thats the only dangerous thing near me aswell