1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    13,857 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner x 43Dumb x 13Funny x 8Informative x 2Late x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained
    lmao

i'm looking forward to crysis 3 and all but come on EA really. there's another third installment of a successful series that i think is a bit more secretive than crysis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 65Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,356 Posts
    wow, that's pretty bad. it was so terribly-hidden that they were forced to reveal it. goddamn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2008
    1,216 Posts
    im totally ok with this, 2's singleplayer wasn't as bad as lots of people make it out to be and actually has a decent amount of replay value with mods. overall it was a pretty solid game. although the multiplayer was garbage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,994 Posts
    Carrying a bow an arrow, I wonder how thats going to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

7. Post #7
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,968 Posts
    "The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained," the publisher confirmed.
    cocky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 38 (list)

8. Post #8
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    If this doesn't have DX11 support from the start I won't be buying it.

They have no excuse now it's in the engine already. If it's another case of DX9-on-release-patch-when-can-be-bothered it's obvious they just ported it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,086 Posts
    First was OK, second was terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 47Disagree Disagree x 47 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2008
    1,216 Posts
    also, hopefully they will drop the support for that shitty and blurry post MSAA crysis 2 had and implement either fxaa or smaa, both which looks considerately better with less blur

it definitely wasnt as good as crysis 1. which was pretty awesome, so was the multiplayer
    i do agree with this, although i still did have a fun time and felt it was $60 well spent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,650 Posts
    im totally ok with this, 2's singleplayer wasn't as bad as lots of people make it out to be and actually has a decent amount of replay value with mods. overall it was a pretty solid game. although the multiplayer was garbage
    it definitely wasnt as good as crysis 1. which was pretty awesome, so was the multiplayer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,974 Posts
    also, hopefully they will drop the support for that shitty and blurry post MSAA crysis 2 had and implement either fxaa or smaa, both which looks considerately better with less blur
    Crytek themselves even designed SMAA, if I recall, using Crysis 2 in their tech demo. There's no excuse for it not to be there.

EDIT: Scratch that. One of their technical artists helped, not Crytek entirely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    The way I see it: 50€ for an expansion thats being called a whole new game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,496 Posts
    Bow better shoot nukes or no sale
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 38 (list)

15. Post #15
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    EA is getting a knack for leaking Cryis-related stuff.

16. Post #16
    June 2010
    6,247 Posts
    "The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained,"
    I wonder if that was also their thought when the Crysis 2 beta leaked.
    Then again, what isn't leaking these days? Aside from Episode 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    fuck my ass

Edited:

in other news; Crysis 3 multiplayer leaks, hundreds die from the horrible experience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Trans genders are gays with mental dis orders
    Dennab
    January 2012
    3,881 Posts
    I am interested in seeing this box art.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,357 Posts
    I'll probably handle Crysis 3 the same way I handled Crysis 2. Not buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    891 Posts
    Never played Crysis, but cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2011
    499 Posts
    I wonder if that was also their thought when the Crysis 2 beta leaked.
    Then again, what isn't leaking these days? Aside from Episode 3.
    ep3 was leaked too (a bit)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    If this doesn't have DX11 support from the start I won't be buying it.

They have no excuse now it's in the engine already. If it's another case of DX9-on-release-patch-when-can-be-bothered it's obvious they just ported it.
    when i read the first line of this post i thought "ugh what a baby I NEED MY GRAPHICS MOM" but then i remembered that crysis 2 was running on a dx11 capable engine from the start yet they decided to completely ignore making dx11 assets and it took them months after release to get their shit together lmao

sorry for doubting you

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    ep3 was leaked too (a bit)
    what is this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    December 2007
    833 Posts
    I instantly thought of this:

25. Post #25
    March 2010
    3,139 Posts
    I instantly thought of this:
    I just hope it will be more like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 54Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,862 Posts
    First was OK, second was terrible.
    Second was fun as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 24Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,895 Posts
    Eh, I don't know about that. Crysis 2 was a solid game and I looked forward to it because of first Crysis. But somehow I am not looking forward to the third one like I did to the second one. Maybe this is just because my computer can't have all these graphical gimmicks.

28. Post #28
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,423 Posts
    Crysis 2 was solid, people seem to hate on it cause they messed up PC support, but even still it was a great game, following the transition to a city environment it was inevitable that the game was going to become more linear, they added some interesting new gameplay mechanics and made the game more fun to actually play instead of just wanking over the graphics, that said: they did move away from the original fanbase in an attempt to make more money my marketing to a "Broader audience".
    I look forward to see what they do with Crysis 3, but I'm making sure not to fall into all of EA's marketing hype bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,840 Posts
    Bows, I want a medieval themed game on Cryengine with realistic as all hell arrow physics please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Crysis 2 was solid, people seem to hate on it cause they messed up PC support, but even still it was a great game, following the transition to a city environment it was inevitable that the game was going to become more linear, they added some interesting new gameplay mechanics and made the game more fun to actually play instead of just wanking over the graphics, that said: they did move away from the original fanbase in an attempt to make more money my marketing to a "Broader audience".
    I look forward to see what they do with Crysis 3, but I'm making sure not to fall into all of EA's marketing hype bullshit.
    Crysis 2 itself is a great game, like F.E.A.R. 3, but not worth replaying much, here's a post in made in the other thread:

(Please read this post in Dr. Wallace Breen's voice)

As a huge crysis fanboy, i just want to say that the multiplayer in crysis 2 broke my heart, it was a step back in first person shooter evolution, crysis 1 MP resembles Battlefield in some game modes, using vehicles or going on foot to reach your goals, promoting teamplay, stealth, cunning and actual strategy, C2MP become the typical comercial dumbed down console shooter.

Sure Crysis wars (or C1MP) had a tough learning curb for noobs and had some design flaws, but it's one of the best multiplayer experiences i've had..

And the level design! oh the level design.. the scripting system (Flowgraph) has SO MUCH potential, even with some crappy nodes we add extra features to a map (which can go for dozens of miles in CryEngine) for everyone to enjoy, since 2008 i've been lobbying crytek to open up the scripting system for the multiplayer, because basically you have the potential to pack a game mode entirely in one map, just picture it installing the map, regularly fire it up or download it in-game and have a blast with new custom gameplay with your pals, it would refresh the game and bring back (or more people) to the game

the potential Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead/Wars has is almost limitless, CryEngine is really the best engine around, but Crytek choose to not listen to the modders and its fan base and instead EA and crytek decided to use the DLC model in crysis 2 (and look how it turned out, game's practically dead) (except for some mods of course)

just my 2 cents, i'm actually a fan of the series, worked on lots of maps and i know what i'm talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,155 Posts
    Oh I wondered why their twitter said that this morning!

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,862 Posts
    To be fair, the gameplay of 1 sucked compared to 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 35 (list)

33. Post #33
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,076 Posts
    lmao

i'm looking forward to crysis 3 and all but come on EA really. there's another third installment of a successful series that i think is a bit more secretive than crysis.
    Dead Space 3, Obviously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    April 2010
    2,340 Posts
    What really annoyed me was the binocular mode took out ANY form of self thought out tactic whatsoever. HEY LOOK YOU IDIOT THERES A LEDGE IF YOU WANT TO STEALTH, OR YOU CAN GO OVER HERE TO SHOOT THINGS HEY LOOK HEY LOOK

That made me want to throw the game out of the window. Half the fun in the original was coming up with elaborate, perfect attack plans on the enemy koreans and executing it perfectly. Crysis 2 took out any element of self thought whatsoever and turned it into a mediumly alright shooter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    I'm guessing the role in Crysis 3 will be that supplies were cut off so you have to fashion weapons to use with your Nanosuit, maybe some sort of survival thing idk.
    Either that or it's like black ops being that this bow and arrow is actually bow and plastic explosive carbon-fibre monstrosity.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,179 Posts
    I'm guessing the role in Crysis 3 will be that supplies were cut off so you have to fashion weapons to use with your Nanosuit, maybe some sort of survival thing idk.
    Either that or it's like black ops being that this bow and arrow is actually bow and plastic explosive carbon-fibre monstrosity.
    I imagine that the bow is not a weapon. Maybe some sort of targeting device - look at the massive box on the bow itself.

Of course if this does turn out to be an ammo-scarce game that'd be awesome - they just need to flesh out the mele mechanics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,959 Posts
    Does anyone have that image? I'm curious as to what it specifically looked like.

Origin isn't terrible, it's just inconvenient to divide games between two clients.

38. Post #38
    March 2010
    1,737 Posts
    Just a quote of something I said before about Crysis 2 that sums up my feelings on this matter perfectly.
    In Crysis1, I remember the game had all around a lot more immersion, IE: pick up guns on the floor, walk over to it and press use, he quickly crouches down, reaches out and grabs the gun physically with his hand. It was beautiful and I loved it.

Crysis2 they threw that immersion out the window, now it's just walk over them to pick them up. No animation, no nothing.

And why isn't the suit capable of using a speed mode, being able to switch weapons extremely fast, faster reloading, and boosting into an enemy from a distance to choke hold him was amazing in the first game.

It was just disappointing as fuck compared to the first one. Not bad as a standalone game.. but didn't hold a light to the original Crysis.
    Crysis 2 isn't that linear in terms of killing/taking out an objective, but it's extremely linear compared to it's preprocessor. In Crysis1, there was just an open terrain of fuck and you can do your mission as you see fit to plan. Whatever you did was your own plan, your own method, your own idea. In C2, it's just a small open pocket of space and equip your binocs and let the game tell you where you're allowed go. Set predefined paths that lead to the same objective. IE: seeing an area marked as "stealth", or "ambush". It just doesn't feel as open as Crysis1 when the game literary tells you, you can only go here, here, and here. Where as the first game it was pretty much do as you please and come up with your own idea to get to the objective, so when completing something, you feel a lot more sense of accomplishment seeing as how you executed the plan that you came up with so efficiently, rather than just saying, okay I'm going to take the predetermined path of "stealth" or "snipe". Kind of ruined the experience compared to the first one.

Also I hated the lean system, I mean, it forces you to be upright next to the wall you're trying to lean around, you can't move slightly away from the wall maybe to get a better angle or anything, because it'll detach the lean. In this case I also prefer manually choosing when I would like to lean. I would also like to lean without having to raise my iron sights up to obstruct my view. Just to quickly peer around to see what's around the corner without having to go into cloak mode. Like If I had a sniper, I don't want to have to zoom in x10 when leaning. It may not be a necessity, but manual lean was a freedom in the first game which they removed, and that bugged me.

And Crysis 2 had textures that are half the size of Crysis 1 when it came out, the maps were insanely tiny compared to the first, so not much rendering was required for the consoles. The amount of AI the game could handle was incredibly lower than the first, just take out your binocs and watch people spawn through walls as you walk around. The only thing Crysis 2 has over 1 graphically speaking were the shaders/post processing effects.. Everything else is the same or worse.

Also lack of on the fly customization of your guns in the middle of an MP game was just pointless. Switching my rifle from red dot to acog or lazer to hologram on the fly was a freedom that was unique to the Crysis series at the time, it was amazing, and they didnt need to get rid of it.

There were just so many damn terrible design flaws of this game that did nothing but water it down and dumb down game play in comparison to the first one.. Made it seem like Crysis2 was actually the predecessor to Crysis1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,264 Posts
    You did not play it the right way then. 1.30 onwards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 20Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,970 Posts
    crysis 2 was the worst sequel ever. after getting it i literally uninstalled after the first level and uninstalled origin from my computer. fucking trash waste of game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 21Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 4 (list)