1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,299 Posts

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73176/mojang-details-space-sim-0x10c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner x 39Dumb x 37Informative x 3Funny x 3Late x 2Friendly x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    490 Posts
    cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 30Agree Agree x 20 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Sounds like EVE-Online just a way more unprofessional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,573 Posts
    Players can create viruses? Can we make AVG in this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 54Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    607 Posts
    Possible monthly fees for multiplayer? Fuck that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 152Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    December 2009
    1,586 Posts
    Should name the game "&e0" instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 80Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2010
    3,487 Posts
    I feel like this game is only going to suck because there's going to be that ONE asshole that makes a virus that's unstoppable and fucks everyone over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 51Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    Possible monthly fees for multiplayer? Fuck that.
    The cost of the game is still undecided, but it's likely there will be a monthly fee for joining the Multiverse [b]as we are going to emulate all computers and physics even when players aren't logged in[b/]
    lmao In The News is a hive for illiterate and entitled gamers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 46Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,329 Posts
    This is beginning to sound like a game like Space Station 13
    So it's my kind of game.

Edited:

monthly fee
    I really don't like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    "The cost of the game is still undecided, but it's likely there will be a monthly fee for joining the Multiverse as we are going to emulate all computers and physics even when players aren't logged in," the site explains.
    but it's likely there will be a monthly fee for joining the Multiverse
    monthly fee
    Nope.

EDIT: I mean it sounds cool as fuck, but monthly fees are massive no.
    Best way to do this? Give out the server software like minecraft and use them all to do their computer and physics emulating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    buncha babbies in here i'm glad i won't be seeing online if this pans out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 57Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    I feel like this game is only going to suck because there's going to be that ONE asshole that makes a virus that's unstoppable and fucks everyone over.
    Every time someone mentions a virus in computer games I think of that WoW virus that was supposed to affect only players fighting a certain boss and it was transmittable to nearby players, someone managed to teleport out of the boss fight and spread it around the whole world

It killed everyone infected after x time, even NPCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    buncha babbies in here i'm glad i won't be seeing online if this pans out
    Excuse us for not having lods of emone to pay monthly for online when we are most likley going to pay to play the game at all at first.

Its a bullshit move. Unless its a major MMO then I should only pay once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

14. Post #14
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,428 Posts
    Monthly fee? Bullshit.

First you release a completely unfinished game for 30 bucks, NOW you're thinking about tacking monthly fees onto something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 39Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,405 Posts
    Program minecraft for this game, play minecraft while playing 0x10c.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    Excuse us for not having lods of emone to pay monthly for online when we are most likley going to pay to play the game at all at first.

Its a bullshit move. Unless its a major MMO then I should only pay once.
    what makes a major MMO any different you schmuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2011
    8,804 Posts
    Major MMOs release new content and features every 4-6 months, meanwhile Notch is a lazy ass and we'll be lucky to see a bug fix patch six months after whenever this game releases, which probably won't be for a few years, if he actually develops it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    Major MMOs release new content and features every 4-6 months, meanwhile Notch is a lazy ass and we'll be lucky to see a bug fix patch six months after whenever this game releases, which probably won't be for a few years, if he actually develops it.
    dude i don't give a shit about Notch. if you don't like him then don't buy his shit. but that doesn't make running an MMO magically cheaper regardless of if it's "major" or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    Hehe. Resorting to name calling.

I am saying that most major MMOs (WoW, SW:TOR...) have hours and hours and hours and hours of game content before you reach an endgame.

This game may not even have a story. It could just be flying around your ship and doing ship things that spaceships do...

Edited:

dude i don't give a shit about Notch. if you don't like him then don't buy his shit. but that doesn't make running an MMO magically cheaper regardless of if it's "major" or not.
    Disliking notch has nothing to do with what he said.

He said that notch takes about 6 months to patch anything because he takes vacations inbetween his vacations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

20. Post #20
    Amazing, friendly, trustable and there for you when you're in deep shit
    March 2010
    3,651 Posts
    People do not have a lot of confident about Notch pulling this off and making it worth the price. The idea however sounds cool.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,405 Posts
    No trust for notch, he's a lazy bastard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2011
    8,804 Posts
    Notch is the one developing it, plus MMOs are cheap as hell to maintain these days, the only way he could justify a subscription fee in this day and age if he adds tons of new content and features regularly like every other major MMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    646 Posts
    I'm actually glad people arn't hyping over this game, that means notch has the upper hand in surprising everyone with a really good game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 5 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    Notch is the one developing it, plus MMOs are cheap as hell to maintain these days, the only way he could justify a subscription fee in this day and age if he adds tons of new content and features regularly like every other major MMO.
    please, tell me how much this particular mmo is going to cost to host when you know jack shit about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,626 Posts
    I'm actually glad people arn't hyping over this game, that means notch has the upper hand in surprising everyone with a really good game.
    I would agree with you if Notch actually had the capability to produce quality games.

Which he doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 20Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    please, tell me how much this particular mmo is going to cost to host when you know jack shit about it
    You don't know either..........
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,339 Posts
    There are other games like this which you do not have to pay.

This could work on a free to play model where more ram or storage will have to cost you per month.

Also I do not feel 1000 words for ram works for me, no sign of interrupts, or kernal code to trap handle certain instructions. Virtual memory might be too good if included, but I'de rather sick to robot based games that use virtual cpus then a space one that won't allow me the crude RTOS I want to handle a virus or many tasks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,096 Posts
    I'll save comments about any sort of monthly fee until there's some solid gameplay and reviews out there but the concept is intriguing. I'm really interested to see how this turns out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Shame about the monthly fee, it sounds fun. I'll definitely check it out anyways, might be cheap/worth it

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    3,377 Posts
    Notch has already said on twitter that he regrets the science fiction setting. I don't see this getting far to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    The idea sounds really neat, but knowing notch half of it won't be implemented in the game until someone else from mojang starts working on it, and the other half will suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,096 Posts
    Notch has already said on twitter that he regrets the science fiction setting. I don't see this getting far to be honest.
    He said he regrets it being a hard science fiction setting not that he regrets it being science fiction. I think after he got some feedback he's realizing that a lot of people are going to have a difficult time getting into it, what he wants to achieve is very technical for someone who just wants to just sit down and play a game. Its not really pickup and play like Freelancer or something.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    I like the concept. I don't expect it to deliver though.

Well considering Infinity is still chugging along: http://www.infinity-universe.com/Inf...=118&Itemid=26

I guess I'll still be waiting for that to scratch my nerd-itch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,951 Posts
    He should really try and focus on a single game for more than a couple months. I'm not sure if he's expecting everything he makes to be an overnight sensation like Minecraft then gets frustrated when it doesn't, but he needs to learn that not everything he touches turns to gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,764 Posts
    He should really try and focus on a single game for more than a couple months. I'm not sure if he's expecting everything he makes to be an overnight sensation like Minecraft then gets frustrated when it doesn't, but he needs to learn that not everything he touches turns to gold.
    I think the reason why he has so many projects is because he seems extremely eager to start working on his ideas but doesn't stay committed to them after he gets bored. While that's very common among both amateur and professional game developers, It's extremely unprofessional to advertise a game and then quit halfway through development simply because you don't feel like working on it anymore, which is why most games aren't announced until they're in a somewhat presentable state. Fortunately Notch has people he can hand his projects over to when he gets bored, But he can only do that so many times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,380 Posts
    Dumb name and dumb idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,393 Posts
    I'll save comments about any sort of monthly fee until there's some solid gameplay and reviews out there but the concept is intriguing. I'm really interested to see how this turns out.
    Same here, I'd have to see some screenshots and more stuff than just cool ideas.

38. Post #38
    July 2009
    7,413 Posts
    People whine about Notch so often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Late Late x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

April 2012
    20 Posts
    it would be cool if the fat piece of shit notch actually made a game worthwhile minecraft sucks the people defend it as a side effect of buyers remorse you cant do shit half of the cool things are unprogrammed this POS dev. makes indie games worse than they are already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 12Funny x 8Agree x 4Disagree x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    it would be cool if the fat piece of shit notch actually made a game worthwhile minecraft sucks the people defend it as a side effect of buyers remorse you cant do shit half of the cool things are unprogrammed this POS dev. makes indie games worse than they are already.
    I agree but try to use some more fullstops and such in your sentence because it makes it very hard to read if it's just one continuous line of text seriously grammar 101.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)