1. Post #1
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    A door handle for a screen door impaled all the way into my arm and curved around my arm. Went to the hospital and got morphine four times over the next four hours and then some stronger stuff. They took it out and now I have nerve damage. I actually just ran into the damn thing and it snapped me back. It fucking sucked. So how should I explain this after the break?

Pic:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 117Funny x 27Useful x 1Winner x 1Dumb x 1Late x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,255 Posts
    That thing looks like it's really dirty, have fun with the tetnus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 50Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    I'm on antibiotics like three times a day. The nerve damage is the worst part. It's hard to feel my pinky and ring fingers on my left hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 55Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,095 Posts
    I feel so bad for laughing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 36Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,625 Posts
    Holy shit, how does that happen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 39 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    I just ran into it. It was a screen door that swings shut and I tripped into it. It snapped me back and I thought my arm was broken. I have to get it checked out tomorrow and I'll post a picture of the wound without the bandage on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2011
    740 Posts
    Hope you get better brother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,351 Posts
    Oh my. That's equally impressive as it is disturbing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 54 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    I was running too fast. I think I tripped. Thank you.

10. Post #10
    February 2008
    1,200 Posts
    That's pretty alpha bro. But get better fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,890 Posts
    nerve damage? bummer, man. at least you have a funny (in the future) story to tell now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    I BANG 14 YEAR OLD GIRLS BUT ITS OKAY I ADMIT I HAVE PROBLEMS
    March 2012
    666 Posts
    shit son... that's as hilarious as it is fucked up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2008
    725 Posts
    Wow, I thought it was off the door or something, damn. On another note I hope that wasn't one of your good shirts.

14. Post #14
    November 2011
    271 Posts
    I cringed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    639 Posts
    Better make sure you beat the living fuck out of that door so it never tries any of that shit again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 43Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    Wow, I thought it was off the door or something, damn. On another note I hope that wasn't one of your good shirts.
    It was actually my favorite shirt. Oh well. It was the shirt or my arm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    shit son... that's as hilarious as it is fucked up
    Less fucked up than fiddling a 13 y. old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,602 Posts
    That thing looks like it's really dirty, have fun with the tetnus
    they give you tetnus shots in school don't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,408 Posts
    So i assume you called 911, and had fire and medical come out to your house.
    I wonder what their reaction was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    Fuck that's crazy. That's totally an injury to be proud of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,257 Posts
    How bad did it hurt?

22. Post #22
    August 2009
    8,212 Posts
    Jesus Christ, hope the morphines doing you well bud.

23. Post #23
    Man you must have walked into it pretty damn hard to do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

24. Post #24
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,374 Posts
    How does this even happen

did you just clip in to the door or what

Edited:

fucking shitty physics engine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 75Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    How bad did it hurt?
    It hurt so bad I was begging them for morphine. The people knew I was fucked up bad and they gave me all the morphine available in the ambulance. Then they gave me some stronger stuff that worked a lot better. On a scale of 10, it was a 10. With morphine, an 8. With the other stuff, a 4. I literally had 20 nurses coming in and out taking pictures with their phone while several surgeons just came in to watch the operation. They didn't operate for about 5 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 28Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,959 Posts
    Just say that you got attacked by a pirate and you fended him off with only your fists, but he made one final blow and impaled you with his hook which broke off before he ran away. Just explain that he was a poor pirate and had to make an impromptu hook hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 44Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,765 Posts
    So how should I explain this after the break?
    If it makes you feel better, you can probably use this story to impress the ladies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,274 Posts
    Bicep piercing.

Alpha as Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 53Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,160 Posts
    Have to admit I laughed because of how unusual that is but get well soon.

30. Post #30
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    I keep replaying it in my head over and over. The schlick of the handle going through my bicep. Have you ever touched the muscle of like a meat you were about to cook? I could feel it slide through the muscle slowly and then one final push and it went most of the way through. I was about to pass out, but the neighbor held up a cold rag to my head to keep me from going into shock. The man nurse at the hospital was a dick though and kept telling my to stop being a jerk about it when he was forcefully positioning my arm during x-rays. I wanted to punch him in the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 22Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,255 Posts
    Get well soon man. That really sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,723 Posts
    Shit, I sure hope full use comes back to whatever nerves were damaged. It doesn't sound that bad nerve wise, though; sure looks bad and definitely hurts by the looks of it.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,583 Posts
    Do you get to keep it?

If so, fix the door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

34. Post #34
    October 2008
    140 Posts
    Do you get to keep it?

If so, fix the door.
    They did give me the handle back. No fucking way I'm fixing it though. My doctor walked into the room my parents were in and they start saying strange shit like they were going to take all the door handles off of every door in the house and he literally just walked back out. He walked in and straight back out. That made my day, and being really high on pain killers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 37 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,771 Posts
    The man nurse at the hospital was a dick though and kept telling my to stop being a jerk about it when he was forcefully positioning my arm during x-rays. I wanted to punch him in the face.
    I had the same thing happen when my lung collapsed about a year ago. The doctor had just put the chest tube in and I had to get up for x-rays. The male nurse was very impatient about me taking forever to get up and not moving my arm more then a few degrees due to the pain I was in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,329 Posts
    He was loyal to the creed:
       GOTTA GO FAST   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Better make sure you beat the living fuck out of that door so it never tries any of that shit again.
    And then drink it's blood to gain it's powers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2010
    779 Posts
    jesus christ, was your screen door handle sharpened or something? how is that even possible? thats not even slightly conceivable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,102 Posts
    Impressive

40. Post #40
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,534 Posts
    what do you mean by "stronger stuff"

are you on dilaudid or what?