1. Post #1
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    hey fp, never owned or even used an iOS device but i'm picking up a white 16gb iPhone 4s tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any advice on anything I should know, or do before or during I set it up?

Or what you find to be some generally recommended apps that aren't clear, tweetbot and instagram?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,983 Posts
    Don't update it... you may want to jailbreak it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    As seen on TV
    May 2011
    2,021 Posts
    buy an android device.

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling." - Seiteki))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    buy an android device.
    Get out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    buy an android device.
    this is terrible advice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 9Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Honestly, if you don't think you'll be using Siri a lot (or at all) save some money and get the 4.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,179 Posts
    Honestly, if you don't think you'll be using Siri a lot (or at all) save some money and get the 4.
    Or he could wait for the 5 to come out bumping down the 4s to $100 and the 4 to free like the 4/3Gs are right now.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,557 Posts
    Depends. If he plans to do any gaming it should be noted that the SGX543MP2 crushes the SGX535. Games designed for the A5 SoC look significantly better than A4 counterparts.

9. Post #9
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    Depends. If he plans to do any gaming it should be noted that the SGX543MP2 crushes the SGX535. Games designed for the A5 SoC look significantly better than A4 counterparts.
    imo the iphone 4's processor is still pretty damn decent running the latest ios graphics intensive games. OP should only choose the 4S if he wants silky smooth graphics, no,lag on games, and siri.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Oh, and get an Otterbox case for it.

Tough as fuck and if it breaks, free replacement for life.

11. Post #11
    October 2007
    1,489 Posts
    Oh, and get an Otterbox case for it.

Tough as fuck and if it breaks, free replacement for life.
    Does make your iPhone a lot bigger but I've seen people abuse their iPhone's while using this case such as throwing it off buildings and it is pretty damn impressive the amount the case can take.

I think the time it has failed is when it made a iPhone 3G do a reboot but that's about it. The iPhone was fine after. Although the case didn't survive. But if OP is worried about damaging it worth the purchase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    April 2007
    1,490 Posts
    Don't drop it. Screen protect it if you want, though the glass front and back are pretty durable.

13. Post #13
    June 2010
    381 Posts
    Don't drop it. Screen protect it if you want, though the glass front and back are pretty durable.
    This pretty much. I just make sure I don't drop my phone and I don't even worry about scratches because it's Gorilla Glass.

14. Post #14
    March 2011
    2,591 Posts
    it is best to invest in a good screen protector / casing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2007
    1,490 Posts
    This pretty much. I just make sure I don't drop my phone and I don't even worry about scratches because it's Gorilla Glass.
    mhm, I went a good year without a screen condom and it's only got 3 very small, almost not noticeable, scratches. Still, get one just in case you never know right?

16. Post #16
    October 2007
    1,489 Posts
    it is best to invest in a good screen protector / casing.
    I use the Gelascreen for my front screen and the zagg for the back.