This is probably a really bad time to be messing around with XMPP(The protocol LoL uses for chat). I really wanted to do a video showing off Irelia(code name for my chat bot) hooked up to LoLNotes. I have it auto connecting and relaying the opponents chat into my teams chat automatically. I would never use something like that to cheat. Doing this as a proof of concept and want to show people that the chat room in champion select is not safe.
Even if your program doesn't actually do much it's still a huge reverse engineering project.
Go for it!
I fucking hate developing on a shitty 2 year old HTC Wildfire. I can't use all the cool features ICS gives. On the other hand, I will be assured that the app will work on all platforms.
I made my qt application check for updates today:
If there's an update available, it asks you if you want to download. If you do, this dialog will appear:
All updates are stored on my public ftp server. Sounds good? Anything else i should include?
Every score has the maximum it can achieve normally, and a maximum if it's a special case. For example 27. Normally that would be 9, 9, 9 but if it's one of the special cases it can be 10, 9, 8. You can pregenerate those maximums for all the possible scores 1-30. Then based on the max you're looking for, you already know how many of the dancers got it without being special cases. To that total you add min(number of special cases, number of people that would have a high enough score if they were a special case).
I can write my solution for the third one if you want.
Jacking around with winapi and lua.
Wrote a wrapper and binded it to lua.
I was going to bind it to python, but I asked around and people suggested that lua was a better option for what I was going for.
I'll try to get this project done and not leave it behind like many of my others since it's in the scope of my experience and its got me pretty interested.
the restart lua button just closes the current lua state and opens a new one
butt gets deleted on garbage collection.
I think I stopped working on it because I got to the point where I wanted to get Ribbons working. It's here if you wanna take a look: http://code.google.com/p/goop-gui-library/
So XSplit just updated and now it doesn't work for me anymore. Does anybody know alternative desktop streaming software?
I've decided to port my C# code to Android Java instead. Doing everything on an external server is too cumbersome.
FYI, it's also how Google Goggles does it.
Maybe an optional client-side "backup" of the code in case the user doesn't always have an internet connection (like me)?
Downloaded MSYS to see if I can try and get Ruby to compile for MinGW.
The configuring is taking a really long time and I keep seeing "checking for blah ..... no"
I hope it doesn't fail.
I have no idea what I'm doing but it seems to be working, configured successfully (I hope) and now I'm building it..... why do I need to invoke 'make' and then invoke 'make install'?
What does 'make install' do?
This morning I decided I wanted to make a framework for future isometric games.
I finally got the coordinate system to work, after 2 hours of thinking I felt really stupid for not thinking of how to calculate them earlier.
Trying to get the Intel Math Kernel library working.
Annoying as shit as the documentation is for C and Fortran70 and Fortran 90/95.
I'm compiling Fortran 95 but somehow it INSISTS that my call for the subroutine is done wrong :(
Here's hoping someone here (Who might possibly be better at math than me) might have a clue what's going here
This seems like the last major bug that I'm aware of: For some reason spheres have a dark spot, which looks more in less like it's in the direction of source of light. (I've only tested this with a sphere being a source of light however).
It doesn't appear to occur if the light is directly behind the camera, nor does it seem to occur when the light is directly to the side of the object.
All I can figure is that it is the result of these lines in my software:
Simply because, intuitively, to reach the camera where the light would be strongest, it has to bounce at more of a angle away from the normal to hit the camera than if it hit the areas on the sphere where the normals point at the camera.Code:float dot_product= dot(random_vector_in_hemisphere, surface.normal); light_packet->color*= dot_product;
Only thing is, 1) I can't seem to find any resource that doesn't do this calculation, or does it another way as far as I can tell (nor explains exactly whats going on), and 2) this image suggests that my theory is wrong:
Here, red indicates that a ray hit the sphere, then randomly reflected and hit the light source, and that this random vector dotted by the normal yeilded a results less than 0.8. (I've also tested it with different values)
What this means, is that if the dot product does not seem to result in that dark spot, because the distribution in that image seems exactly like it should be. Further, light collision density tests I performed do not suggest that there is simply less light hitting the dark spot.
All the other bugs seemed solvable because they were mostly software shit; logical errors and such. This on the other hand looks like it could either be a software issue or a math issue, and I can't seem to find any way to determine which...
Wow XSplit is way more expensive than I thought it would be.
Got ruby compiled fine, but I still get linker errors.
They seem to be dealing with sockets so I think I'll just link to every socket library I can find in my lib folder.
For clarification I've compiled ruby and the c api fine but I'm trying to embed ruby in my application but I keep getting socket related linker errors.