1. Post #1
    February 2010
    593 Posts

UPDATE: Well folks that was a short-lived rumor. A post on the Bioware forums has confirmed this to be fake.

Earlier this month we informed you about a supposed DLC add-on for Mass Effect 3 that would remedy the infamous endings. Well today, more information about a soon-to-come DLC expansion - dubbed Terimator - as well as Mass Shift - the spiritual sequel to Mass Effect - has surfaced. Before we get to the info itself, there's one thing I want to address. These details originated from a post on 4chan by an ex-Bioware employee. We all know that anybody can post just about anything ono 4chan so before everyone gets excited, or even disappointed, by the information below, I highly urge the fact that this is a RUMOR and that you should take this with a GRAIN OF SALT. Now that we have that out of the way, hit the jump to see what all the fuss is about.

Terminator

The name of the DLC is Terminator.
    Terminator takes place after the Mass Effect 3 endings.
    Javik was originally from Terminator, but got moved to the full game because Bioware felt that the cast was too small.
    The Normandy crashed on a Prothean planet on the edge of Sol, now they must find a way to contact the rest of the system so they can escape.
    The Normandy and its crew successfully return to Earth which is on the brink of another war.
    Due to the destruction of the Mass Relays, every species is stuck on Earth.
    Earth cannot support the extra inhabitants and thus will run out of food in less than one year unless something is done.
    Certain species are demanding they be given the most advanced ships available so that they may get home.
    Shepard is found on Earth alive, but terribly injured.
    Shepard's sustained terrible burns and has been left in a comatose state following his re-entry into the Earthy's atmosphere.
    Certain synthetic components of Shepard's brain were shut down, leading Chakwas to believe that when he awakens, Shepard will be in a vegetative state.
    You then take control of the Normandy crew and travel to three planets to gather the necessary synthetic components to fix Shephard.
    One of the components is extracted from EDI.
    After a successful recovery, Shepard delivers a speech at the Spacescraper - a piece of the Citadel that fell to Earth - that ends the Sol War.
    Shepard died during the atmospheric re-entry, he is Catalyst, but this is not addressed in the Terminator DLC.
    Nobody is aware of Shepard's true identity they do not find out until Mass Shift.

Mass Shift
    Mass Shift is the spiritual successor to the Mass Effect series and takes place one millennium after the events of Mass Effect 3.
    Takes place in the same universe, and follows the same characters and plot.
    More action-oriented.
    Space flight plays a big part in Mass Shift, and is said to resemble a mixture of Gradius III and Kingdom Hearts 2's space flight.
    You fly a reaper named Murmur that is controlled by the Catalyst.
    The Catalyst-Murmur relationship is reminiscent of the relationship between the boy and monster in The Last Guardian.
    Xy, a scrapped Mass Effect 2 DLC character, will be introduced in Mass Shift.
    The story revolves around the Catalyst who wants to prevent the galaxy from advancing synthetics.
    The galaxy is quickly forgetting the threat that synthetics pose.
    The Catalyst and EDI will periodically have conflicting moments due to EDI believing that synthetics and organics can coexist.
    Combat will be more tactical but with less cover.
    You will be able to see most of Asad Grim's body.

RUMOR: Mass Effect 3 DLC and Potential Sequel Revealed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 8Dumb x 5Funny x 4Informative x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,310 Posts
    Rumor
    4chan
    Red flags, everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    Yeah you better fix that ending, Bioware.

Also what the fuck;

Mass Shift is the spiritual successor to the Mass Effect series and takes place one millennium after the events of Mass Effect 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 7 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    4,557 Posts
    Terminator

You're not even trying to hide it Bioware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 32 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2010
    593 Posts
    Red flags, everywhere.
    Which is why I stressed to take it with a grain of salt.

6. Post #6
    how does that work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2010
    593 Posts
    how does that work
    I was wondering the same thing myself.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    I'm liking the sound of Terminator, even if it is from an anonymous source.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,310 Posts
    Which is why I stressed to take it with a grain of salt.
    Should probably advise people to take a brick of salt. Nonetheless, this is pretty silly. A millennium later, but follows the same characters and plot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,116 Posts
    Clearly fake, 4chan and numerous inconsistencies along plotlines.

Although the later sounds more like bioware than not

11. Post #11
    May 2010
    11,108 Posts
    why of all things would you take inspiration from the fucking gummy ship

that's like taking writing inspiration from episode 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,268 Posts
    Most likely fake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,310 Posts
    why of all things would you take inspiration from the fucking gummy ship

that's like taking writing inspiration from episode 2
    so i can fly my cactuar-shaped ship against the reapers!!1

14. Post #14
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Rumors aren't news

Edited:

so sayeth sir point-out-the-obvious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2010
    4,398 Posts
    uhh i thought it originated on the bioware forums by someone who was a "friend" of an "ex-bioware employee".

in fact i think the original thread on 4chan linked to the bioware forums thread.

16. Post #16
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    A sequel...to the end of a trilogy. Yes, this makes perfect sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    4,291 Posts
    The Normandy and its crew successfully return to Earth which is on the brink of another war.
    Due to the destruction of the Mass Relays, every species is stuck on Earth.
    Earth cannot support the extra inhabitants and thus will run out of food in less than one year unless something is done.
    Certain species are demanding they be given the most advanced ships available so that they may get home.
    After a successful recovery, Shepard delivers a speech at the Spacescraper - a piece of the Citadel that fell to Earth - that ends the Sol War.
    "Hey, we all need food and supplies, but there aren't nearly enough, and even with the most advance spaceships we would die before we got to another planet with enough supplies"
    "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite wreckage of the Citadel"
    "Oh okay we'll shut up and just starve to death now, thank you Shepard"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,888 Posts
    You fly a reaper named Murmur that is controlled by the Catalyst.
    yeah hi Reapers are fucking gigantic, you would control like a tank floating in jello
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2010
    4,398 Posts
    uhh i thought it originated on the bioware forums by someone who was a "friend" of an "ex-bioware employee".

in fact i think the original thread on 4chan linked to the bioware forums thread.

WELP i was right

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/10560313/1

and it's fake.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    Looks like that's the end of this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Lock thread, ban OP, 404 facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,655 Posts
    One thousand years in the future?
    How will they get through places without mass relays?

My mind is shattered

23. Post #23
    November 2008
    856 Posts
    Good thing this is fake, it sounds terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    December 2009
    4,291 Posts
    END OF RINE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    ----
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    4,123 Posts
    Red flags, everywhere.
    This is totally fake. Not only is it from 4chan, it's said to be from an ex-bioware employee. The same exact thing was done for GTA IV over at 4chan by an "ex-rockstar employee" who claimed to know a bunch of stuff about the game.

27. Post #27
    that's not what a spiritual successor is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    President of the Westboro Baptist Church Fan Club
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,084 Posts
    I love dubious reports from ex-employees. Just like the one about GTAV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,840 Posts
    that's not what a spiritual successor is
    Do you really not see the joke right there in plain view?

30. Post #30
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    Even if it is fake it sounds like modern Bioware work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Do you really not see the joke right there in plain view?
    No, I don't, care to enlighten me?

32. Post #32
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,513 Posts
    how does that work
    You are supposed to play as a    reaper after shepard becomes the catalyst   

33. Post #33
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,707 Posts
    "Hey, we all need food and supplies, but there aren't nearly enough, and even with the most advance spaceships we would die before we got to another planet with enough supplies"
    FTL in ME is 10LY/24H

So no

34. Post #34
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,359 Posts
    I am an ex-Valve employee. Team Fortress 2 will have more hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

35. Post #35
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,255 Posts
    I am sort of disappointed that this wasn't true, it sounds pretty good.

Awwh well, im sure Bioware will come up with something.

36. Post #36
    April 2010
    3,906 Posts
    Mass Shift? More like Mass Shit.

Am I right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    November 2007
    780 Posts
    Sounds like shitty fan fiction.... Oh wait.

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    A sequel...to the end of a trilogy. Yes, this makes perfect sense.
    Halo 4

39. Post #39
    Pomf =3
    October 2008
    3,566 Posts
    To be fair, 343 Studios is heading that one, not Bungie. They only ended it on Halo 3 w/ ODST and Reach because that was how far their contract went.

40. Post #40