1. Post #1

March 2012
    1 Posts
    Hi there,

I recently purchased and installed fallout 3 game of the year edition through steam, It ran great For 25% of the story, but then all of a sudden one day some of the sounds stopped working.

Ive carefully checked my sound, updated my sound card drivers, Restored previous settings I had even after tweaking them to find the answer, Now in game all I get is Voices, no SFX, No Footsteps or anything.

Ive trouble shooted to the point ive found when I tweak settings IN game for Audio, None of it makes a difference, SFX and Music occasionally works, but if I turn either one down It does not seem to make a difference, ive even gone into Display To change
    The Colour of my Menu In game and it does not change, Which has lead me to beleive changing the settings does not work, anyone else getting these sound problems?

Any fix? Apart from a re-install its 5 gig. :(

Thanks for any help

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    301 Posts
    This is Valve Games and Mods...

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,218 Posts
    Steam is a Valve game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    232 Posts
    C:\Windows\System32
    Delete that folder and you should be fine.

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2010
    1,356 Posts
    Have you tried verify the cache? Have you installed any mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

February 2010
    2 Posts
    reinstall your codecs, cccp seems to be the problem, just reinstall it :)