1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    13,562 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 65Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,418 Posts
    I never finished the first Bioshock, but that seems like quite a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,225 Posts
    at least it ain't cutscenes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2010
    7,903 Posts
    Is it gonna rival Planescape for WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS WORDSWORDS?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb x 21Funny x 2Agree x 2Disagree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    September 2009
    1,335 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that's because there are actual characters that you talk to throughout the game.

Bioshock 1's human interaction consisted of an Irish guy whining to you on a radio for the entire game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 74Funny x 9Zing x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    646 Posts
    I admire them for trying this, but I really do hope it's not going to turn into a snooze fest. I liked the first bioshock because it had what felt to me like the right amount of dialouge for a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2010
    3,139 Posts
    I never finished the first Bioshock, but that seems like quite a lot.
    Go and finish it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 45Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,471 Posts
    Such a good voice acting, yet its all wasted on horrible facial animation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 21Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,640 Posts
    I'm all about not using cutscenes but I hope he doesn't mean the kind of "not cutscenes" we saw in Bioshock 1, where we were allowed to walk around a room while an NPC talked to us through a window
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2009
    389 Posts
    I really hope you're not chained to a companion the entire game. It could get annoying really quickly if they die (and end the game) or if they're too slow, say the same things over and over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    16,353 Posts
    Aren't you supposed to wear corsets under a shirt or something? OH WAIT FANSERVICE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 20Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,956 Posts
    I just want to point out that this could be construed as a bad thing. Infinite so far has been a radical departure from Bioshock as a series (which is, according to them, what they're going for), and having a whole slew of dialogue to overshadow the gameplay can change things so you're paying more attention to what people are saying or doing than what YOU are doing as the player. Bioshock was good because it left you alone when you weren't being told where to go next, being chained to someone the whole game as a chatty companion this time around does not bode well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    Aren't you supposed to wear corsets under a shirt or something? OH WAIT FANSERVICE
    You meet her with the shirt on. It gets torn off by a    winged daddy    in a battle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    it's a loose take on late victorian fashion.

15. Post #15
    August 2009
    389 Posts
    I just want to point out that this could be construed as a bad thing. Infinite so far has been a radical departure from Bioshock as a series (which is, according to them, what they're going for), and having a whole slew of dialogue to overshadow the gameplay can change things so you're paying more attention to what people are saying or doing than what YOU are doing as the player. Bioshock was good because it left you alone when you weren't being told where to go next, being chained to someone the whole game as a chatty companion this time around does not bode well.
    Exactly, Try playing a really dialogue heavy game over again. It's boring because you've already heard everything once before. Plus, with this whole 'Elizabeth' (is that her name? I dunno) shit, the story could turn into one huge cliche/cheesy as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2010
    1,511 Posts
    I'm all about not using cutscenes but I hope he doesn't mean the kind of "not cutscenes" we saw in Bioshock 1, where we were allowed to walk around a room while an NPC talked to us through a window
    What exactly is so bad about this? Just... stand at the window.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,485 Posts
    What exactly is so bad about this? Just... stand at the window.
    ...because then it's basically a cutscene?

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,987 Posts
    fucking snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    They live in the sky where there's less air than at surface level and you want her to wear a corset?
    she's already wearing a corset.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,895 Posts
    what the fuck happened to the graphics

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,836 Posts
    God I hate that main character so much. She looks like an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #22
    January 2010
    3,915 Posts
    I can't believe Facepunchers are complaining about too much cleavage in a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Couldn't they write "the original" or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    I don't think that it should matter like that. I mean, it didn't really matter in bioshock 1 since there was great pacing and it was just pretty great in a lot of fields. It didn't need that much dialog, but when it came it was kind of hard hitting.

25. Post #25
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,152 Posts
    There is a good handful of ways this could be a bad thing rather than a good thing.

The writing could be rushed/poor.
    It may mean there is a lot of forced talk you have to wade through.
    Your sidekick or other people may talk a hole in your head.
    There may just simply be too much talk for one to handle, and that's potentially game-breaking, really.
    Dialogue may get a higher importance than actually playing. You know, the whole "Let's make a movie in game format".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #26
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Yay?

Also you bitches are WAY to worried about the whole Elizabeth sexualization thing. She's sadly one of the least sexualized female game characters I've seen in a non-nintendo game. The corset thing is a bit silly but it's not like I'm getting boobs shoved in my face unless I aim the camera at them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    I'm pretty sure that's because there are actual characters that you talk to throughout the game.

Bioshock 1's human interaction consisted of an Irish guy whining to you on a radio for the entire game.
    And the enemy chatter, which is fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,675 Posts
    I'm pretty sure from the gameplay videos cutscenes primarily happen like in HL2 cutscenes, except with the addition of your character making comments/dialog depending on exactly what you are doing/looking at/etc. I think there are moments in the game where it does play out like an "on rails" first person cutscene though, but only for stuff like where elizabeth grabs your hand.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,384 Posts
    Only the first three quarters. Shit gets real after that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    Only the first three quarters. Shit gets real after that.
    Would you kindly not spoil anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,384 Posts
    There is a good handful of ways this could be a bad thing rather than a good thing.

The writing could be rushed/poor.
    It may mean there is a lot of forced talk you have to wade through.
    Your sidekick or other people may talk a hole in your head.
    There may just simply be too much talk for one to handle, and that's potentially game-breaking, really.
    Dialogue may get a higher importance than actually playing. You know, the whole "Let's make a movie in game format".
    Or the levels are really fucking long. That's a distinct possibility.

Edited:

Of course.

Edited:

The game is almost half a decade old, if you haven't played it yet that's your fault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    oh my god the game was released in fucking 2007. If you haven't played it by now, it's your fault alone if you get a spoiler.

EDIT:

Damnit, Scot, you're a frickin' ninja.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,279 Posts
    I'd imagine most of it is from talking to random NPCS that are bumbling around in the streets. I seriously doubt all that dialogue is forcibly thrown at you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,091 Posts
    And the enemy chatter, which is fucking awesome.
    JEESAS LOVE ME THIS I KNOW!

oh god if I god a penny for every time I heard that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,249 Posts
    what the fuck happened to the graphics
    Improved 10 fold?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,822 Posts
    oh my god the game was released in fucking 2007. If you haven't played it by now, it's your fault alone if you get a spoiler.
    This is not a valid augment and never will be, I haven't seen 2001 a space odyssey, it came out in 1968, is it my fault I haven't watched it yet? NO. Dear god Bioshock isn't even that old, don't act like it's too old for spoilers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    This is not a valid augment and never will be, I haven't seen 2001 a space odyssey, it came out in 1968, is it my fault I haven't watched it yet? NO. Dear god Bioshock isn't even that old, don't act like it's too old for spoilers.
    uh sorry but it is, bioshock is an extremely popular game that came out 5 years ago, people will spoil it and it's your problem to deal with at this point

its not a huge accomplishment really though, the original bioshock took place in an abandoned underwater city with a handful of living people, so it makes sense that a game set in a populated, narrative driven city/campaign you'd have a lot of dialogue

either way it looks like an awesome game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,843 Posts
    So what you go into a thread about an up and coming game (that happens to be a sequel to a fantastic game) and expect there to be no talk about its predecessor? Huh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    September 2009
    7,075 Posts
    There's a period of time where people will avoid speaking spoilers nowadays, typically a couple-to-a-few months after a movie or game's release. After that 'period', it's pretty much free reign for discussion, as most people who were interested have watched or played it by that time.

Unless it's Mass Effect 3's ending. In which case, no one's afraid to spoil    how shitty it is.   

40. Post #40
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    I haven't seen 2001 a space odyssey, it came out in 1968, is it my fault I haven't watched it yet?
    uh yeah?
    i mean that's like one of the most important movies of all time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 7 (list)