1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,084 Posts
    Didn't see a support megathread so I decided to makea thread for my issue.

The issue I am having is that literally only 1 set of earbuds works in my iPhone 4. I have tried almost 20 different sets and they all do the same thing as each other. They will play music and stuff, but only if you crank the volume up almost all the way. If I try and have it lower, it will either be harsh static or no sound at all. This only happens wit earbuds, as my headphones work fine. The pair of earbuds that work are some Samsung ones, not even the original ones that came with the iPhone work.

Does anyone know of a fix or has had this issue? It was doing this on version 4.0.1 of iOS, all the way up to 5.0.1.

2. Post #2
    It sounds like your iPhone has hardware issues

3. Post #3
    March 2012
    74 Posts
    I personally have never had the issue, if you do think it is a hardware problem you can always attempt to get it replaced.

I went on the Apple website and booked a Genius appointment. I went to an Apple store and explained to them the problem [Lock button had randomly ceased to work]. They replaced my unit within 5 minutes of being there, even though I was out of my warranty by about 6 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Der FΓΌhrer
    January 2011
    4,018 Posts
    They replaced my unit within 5 minutes of being there, even though I was out of my warranty by about 6 months.
    this is something ive noticed

everyone complains about how mean apple is and what-not but the people who work at apple stores seem pretty cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,084 Posts
    Alright, I will have to look into that. How much did it cost, because I am getting rid of this phone in a month or two, and don't wanna lay down a lot of money since I am not keeping it.