1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    691 Posts
    First of all, I'm new to all Android stuff things. I never had smartphone so all of this is new to me. Previously I asked my friend who knows what's better, and he said that I should either choose LG P500 or ZTE Blade. Now, my question is : Which smartphone is better for games and stuff? I preffer LG P500 since it's cheaper but maybe ZTE Blade will be worth extra money.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Neither. Galaxy SII is your answer almost universally. Not exactly the budget end of the spectrum, but it's hailed by just about everybody as the best phone on the market. Be aware, though, if you want to buy a cellphone for gaming, you're probably better off with a Vita or 3DS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,051 Posts
    neither, they're both pretty old
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,604 Posts
    Both of them run a 600mHz Processor and 512MB of RAM (only 418 usable) and are quite old, i own the P500.

If your budget is that low i would save up, or look into used phones even

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    691 Posts
    Well, my budget is really low. And I know that if I want something for gaming I should buy Vita or 3DS but I can't call someone on them. So, chances are slim that I'll get something cheap and not bad neither good?

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,348 Posts
    I'd go with the Galaxy Nexus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Curacao Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,051 Posts
    don't get a phone for gaming
    it's pretty good at casual games like angry birds and fruit ninja, but having a controller is a 100 times better.

Edited:

and you won't be able to play a lot of games on those old phones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    don't get a phone for gaming
    it's pretty good at casual games like angry birds and fruit ninja, but having a controller is a 100 times better.

Edited:

and you won't be able to play a lot of games on those old phones
    Well there's emulators for old consoles.
    But yeah, the controller interface is bound to suck dicks.

9. Post #9
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    What you really need for games, tons of RAM and CPU

The SGSII has 16GB internal space which can be used to store game files, it's a lot of space, the graphics heavy Modern Combat 3 only takes up 1.4GB. It also has 1GB of RAM which is a lot. When idling, you get 800mb+ free of ram. It has a really fast dual-core 1.2GHz processor, the 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragons are not as fast as the SGSII.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,604 Posts
    Well, my budget is really low. And I know that if I want something for gaming I should buy Vita or 3DS but I can't call someone on them. So, chances are slim that I'll get something cheap and not bad neither good?
    Last i checked, the P500 is around $200 US, and there's plenty of used last-gen phones that are in good condition for that price, maybe even some Tegra 2 phones.

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Last i checked, the P500 is around $200 US, and there's plenty of used last-gen phones that are in good condition for that price, maybe even some Tegra 2 phones.
    Since the Gnex came out I've seen the old Nexus S going for decent prices off contract.
    Got my NS for 200.

Edited:

My first Droid was the Blade, I couldn't really fault it for the price. I thought the AMOLED display was cool.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,195 Posts
    What you really need for games, tons of RAM and CPU

The SGSII has 16GB internal space which can be used to store game files, it's a lot of space, the graphics heavy Modern Combat 3 only takes up 1.4GB. It also has 1GB of RAM which is a lot. When idling, you get 800mb+ free of ram. It has a really fast dual-core 1.2GHz processor, the 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragons are not as fast as the SGSII.
    That sounds like advice a tech illiterate who thinks they know things would give out.

Most newer CPUs will cover it, but it's down to the GPU a lot more now. But you do have it right with the snapdragons (current gen not A15) not being as fast as the Exynos.

13. Post #13
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    That sounds like advice a tech illiterate who thinks they know things would give out.

Most newer CPUs will cover it, but it's down to the GPU a lot more now. But you do have it right with the snapdragons (current gen not A15) not being as fast as the Exynos.
    Sorry, was applying PC gaming to Android gaming

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,604 Posts
    Sorry, was applying PC gaming to Android gaming
    RAM and CPU only mean so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    I'm playing Crash Bandicoot 3 on my Galaxy SII at the moment, the controls are a bit tough to get used to but it runs fantastically.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,469 Posts
    The next Xperia Play. Not the current one, that's pretty shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,276 Posts
    I would look more for a phone with a physical keyboard too.

Would help a lot with emulators. Or if maybe someone would give me a tip how the fuck do I connect my wiimote to my phone?

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,909 Posts
    I would look more for a phone with a physical keyboard too.

Would help a lot with emulators. Or if maybe someone would give me a tip how the fuck do I connect my wiimote to my phone?
    Try googling it, there's tons of android apps and guides.

19. Post #19
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,819 Posts
    I have a Blade.
    You ain't running shit on this thing.

Ok, most apps work, but as far as games, hell no.

Edited:

OP, where do you live and what's your budget?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    The next Xperia Play. Not the current one, that's pretty shit.
    When it was released last year, it was very underpowered and overpriced compared to other smartphones at the release price at the time. It's roughly $450 dollars today (no contract) and at that price, you can get much better phones with better specs.

As said before, you could wait for the Xperia Play 2.

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I have a Blade.

Edited:

You were pretty much limited to the following with that phone;

Angry Birds
    Gameboy emulator
    C64 emulator
    Amiga emulator
    Specrtum emulator
    Tetris
    Snake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,678 Posts
    the proper Droid/Milestone series with the slide-out physical keyboards are probably your best bet for gaming. The Droid 3 and 4 are fairly powerful with dual core processors, and the physical keyboard allows you to play things like emulated gameboy games somewhat comfortably.

However no Android phone on the market can really compare to a 3DS or PSVITA

23. Post #23
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,100 Posts
    or how about, you know, the phone with a gamepad? for gaming?

tbh you're looking at the absolute rock bottom of phones, and if there's one thing i've learned about technology it's that you should never try to aim low or try to shoehorn something into a small budget unless you know absolutely exactly what you are doing

Edited:

so save up for a real phone you schmuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,196 Posts
    'gaming' on a phone is a joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    691 Posts
    I have a Blade.

Edited:

Poland, budget is low. (That's why I'm not aiming for super elite pro gaming mobile phone of all times but simply a phone that can run a nice game, like Anomaly Warzone Earth, Osmos. I know that Wildfire S can't run both of them because I tried them on my friend phone).

26. Post #26
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    'gaming' on a phone is a joke
    because people would believe or treat phones/tablets as consoles

who here believes that phones/tablets are consoles? y/n?

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,909 Posts
    because people would believe or treat phones/tablets as consoles

who here believes that phones/tablets are consoles? y/n?
    If I had a tablet I would hook up a bluetooth controller to it and stick a whole bunch of emulators on it and treat it as a portable console, yes.

28. Post #28
    Fluttershy Enthusiast
    June 2011
    5,260 Posts
    best phone games are the old nokia ones.

OP, you should just grab a cheap prepaid flip phone and grab a 3ds or a vita.

29. Post #29
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,819 Posts
    Poland, budget is low. (That's why I'm not aiming for super elite pro gaming mobile phone of all times but simply a phone that can run a nice game, like Anomaly Warzone Earth, Osmos. I know that Wildfire S can't run both of them because I tried them on my friend phone).
    Osmos doesn't work on Blade, I got it from Humble Bundle Android.

30. Post #30
    December 2009
    5,000 Posts
    I have a blade, angry birds is kinda playable on this thing.

But no, its not for gaming.