1. Post #1
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    I'm worried about my lower spine.
    I pretty much do this exercise but I put my legs down whilemy shoulders are down and then I bring them both up at once.

The reason I'm worried about my sine is because there is a lot of pressure in the arc of my back because my legs don't touch the ground.

Thanks for the help.

I'm also doing well on my workout. Starting to see results (perhaps a little too early, must be these jungle genetics)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,064 Posts
    yeah, you should stop doing that at once. it's extremely dangerous. you should go see your doctor asap if you've been doing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,437 Posts
    That's called a V-up it's a normal work out. I'd have to see a vid to be able to determine whether or not you're doing it right

4. Post #4
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    Alright. I'll record it.

5. Post #5
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    EVERY KESIL POST MAKES ME WONDER WHY YOU ARENT FOLLOWING MY ADVICE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    I am following your advice.
    I threw in some V-Situps, what's wrong with that?

Edited:

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,064 Posts
    why aren't you just doing ss?

8. Post #8
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    I am?

I'm not a workout/anatomy guru, but where is the ab workout?
    I'm sure some of those exercises flare the abs a bit, but what about the ab focused exercise?

9. Post #9
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    squats and dl work it enough dont add anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2012
    99 Posts
    You shouldn't work upper and lower body on the same day, your muscles need time to recover

Edited:

I am?

I'm not a workout/anatomy guru, but where is the ab workout?
    I'm sure some of those exercises flare the abs a bit, but what about the ab focused exercise?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    im going to quotelessly call you dumb so you can edit your post without anyone knowing exactly how dumb you are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    I'M AN ELITIST BELLEND. ASK ME ABOUT MY SOLILLA FETISH!

February 2012
    181 Posts
    I'm going to start doing palms in, decline dumbbell presses. I've never heard of them before, although i kind of partially do them while bench pressing (coming down with the weight). I can successfully do 3x8 dips but sometimes after deadlifting and military press I cannot do them for shiat.

13. Post #13
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    why in the world would you do that

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    Sounds like snap city to me.

15. Post #15
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,984 Posts
    I usually do curled crunches then wait about 3 minutes and move onto leg lifts only.

16. Post #16

February 2012
    181 Posts
    why in the world would you do that
    Are you asking why I would lower the dumbbells in that manner while benching normal? Or are you asking why I would do neutral grip decline dumbbell bench press and not just incline?

17. Post #17
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    why would you do decline palms in dumbell press

18. Post #18

February 2012
    181 Posts
    why would you do decline palms in dumbell press

I thought that this was official ss pp and I'm unfamiliar with the exercise. I see that neutral grip incline dumbbell bench press is what I should start doing when I don't have enough strength for dips..

19. Post #19
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    [release]Monday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)
    Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)
    1x5 Deadlift

Friday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
    Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps [/release] is SS PP

20. Post #20

February 2012
    181 Posts
    I am following your advice.
    I threw in some V-Situps, what's wrong with that?

Edited:

You're attempting three different exercises here lol. If you're going to have your legs that high, you raise them and continue to keep them up while you raise your torso with your arms extended, repeatedly, until you are almost touching your toes. Its called a raised leg crunch.

A V up requires you bring your legs to about half the height that you're raising them. And it's almost identical to a raised leg crunch with your arms extended, not behind your head, and reaching for your toes. However, you raise and lower your legs and torso simultaneously.

I prefer modified V-ups.

21. Post #21
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    squats and dead lifts hit your abs enough why would you do this silly zumba bullshit

22. Post #22
    August 2009
    2,066 Posts
    serious
    squats and dead lifts will give you a gigantic core that will shred your abs
    stop with this ab centric bull shit, it will do nothing

23. Post #23

February 2012
    181 Posts
    I'm interested in switching to SS PP. Actually I should just say that I'm thinking about swapping db/bb rows for pull/chin ups. Currently, I am on a plan similar to it but I'm not doing squats 3 times a week. I'm doing 3x8 (mon) and 1x20 (fri). When I deadlift, I'm doing 3x5 (wed). I'm alternating bench/presses on the days I squat and do military press, dips, calf raises and side bends on deadlift days. Instead of pull/chin ups, I'm alternating db/bb rows also on days that I squat.

Should I continue the rep range and weight that I'm already comfortable with and just switch to pull/chin ups?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,064 Posts
    sounds like a good idea
    you probably know more about gaining strength than people with an education in just that

25. Post #25
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    I'm interested in switching to SS PP. Actually I should just say that I'm thinking about swapping db/bb rows for pull/chin ups. Currently, I am on a plan similar to it but I'm not doing squats 3 times a week. I'm doing 3x8 (mon) and 1x20 (fri). When I deadlift, I'm doing 3x5 (wed). I'm alternating bench/presses on the days I squat and do military press, dips, calf raises and side bends on deadlift days. Instead of pull/chin ups, I'm alternating db/bb rows also on days that I squat.

Should I continue the rep range and weight that I'm already comfortable with and just switch to pull/chin ups?
    just switch to ss pp in its entirety if you have less than half a year of compound lift training

26. Post #26
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    Well I'm getting a gym membership. So I might have the proper equipment do do that SS PP stuff.
    Full time job though, so I don't know how often I can go. 2.5 wasted on commute. I'm moving out soon though and moving closer to my job.
    Hrm. Now that I think about it, I think I'm just going to do what workouts I can with the 2 25 pound weights I have until I move closer to my job.

I've got my own business I'm trying to kick up.
    Going to school, working out, having a full time job, & attempting a start up is very difficult.
    (not to mention keependa bitchezzen incheQ )

In other news.
    What are these things called?

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    212 Posts
    Wellllll, you started out with a couple shrugs and then you started doing front raises. The real question is why are you doing 800 of them...

28. Post #28
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    because I can do 800 (60)
    I'm actually no concerned about bulking up with greater weights.
    I'd rather just increase my reps.
    25 pounds is a lot of extra weight to carry on an arm. When it begins to feel like nothing then I'll gradaully move up.

i want to obstain from being a hulkster

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    1. Those are some badly executed front raises.

2. Turning into a hulkster isn't an instantaneous thing.

3. Unless you plan on being a blacksmith, I see no purpose in investing so much time in endurance. Increase the intensity, while keeping reps to a max of 15.

30. Post #30
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    Trying to be a black smith.
    I watched a video now that I have the name. I will execute them better
    I didn't hulking was spontaneous ... I'm lost on why you brought that up.

Edited:

Am I doing it better now?