1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,099 Posts
    I was hoping some people could list some games that are heavy on survival elements like eating, drinking, and sleeping, and might also involve scavenging and combat to stay alive. Here are a few I can think of from the top of my head;

Dwarf Fortress
    Project Zomboid
    Minecraft Survival mode
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R
    Fallout NV Hardcore mode

Any other good ones?

(User was banned for this post ("Post your" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Stranded 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2011
    2,284 Posts
    Dwarf fortress isn't about surviving, it's about dying as slow as possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,099 Posts
    Stranded 2
    I tried that a while ago. I tend not to enjoy games that are solely focused on survival. The best kind are games where you have an overall objective but the survival elements in the game end up slowing you down or force you to plan your next move. Like doing a quest in Fallout NV involving raiders and having to stock up on sufficient medical supplies, food, and ammo to get in and out alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,881 Posts
    Somebody here was working on a game called SURVIVOR. The thread died a couple of weeks ago though, not sure what happened to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,234 Posts
    The Ship?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    The Cock Eater
    July 2007
    1,721 Posts
    ... resident evil 5??? scarist gaem of the resdent seres imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    7,681 Posts
    Space Station 13
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,099 Posts
    ... resident evil 5??? scarist gaem of the resdent seres imo.
    That's just shooting zombies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,320 Posts
    There aren't many good survival games tbh, other than the ones listed so far. Really enjoyed Stranded II.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,329 Posts
    Survival Crisis Z is a good one
    It's a pretty open ended zombie game that requires scavenging for food and ammo and such

It's basically a more action focused Project Zomboid type game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    8,783 Posts
    King arthur's gold has a pretty neat zombie fort mode.

Medieval 2d destructible terrain game. Build shit n stuff yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

13. Post #13
    April 2007
    871 Posts
    Wurm online.

The game can be quite hard for new players as they struggle to find food and water. But once they start to understand how the game works the game quickly changes. Build villages, craft, mine and wage war on enemy kingdoms. Notch who made minecraft helped to create Wurm online. In my opinion this game is minecrafts big brother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,882 Posts
    Survival Crisis Z is a good one
    It's a pretty open ended zombie game that requires scavenging for food and ammo and such

It's basically a more action focused Project Zomboid type game
    Once you get high tier weapons it's boring as fuck though. It'd be best if they removed all the weapons beyond the Combat shotgun/SMG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events