1. Post #1
    January 2008
    6,368 Posts

[SUB]Banner by 74[/SUB]

Hello and Welcome to General Ingame Media V11 - March Edition

[release]
    [h2]RULES[/h2]

Try to keep the images/videos/gifs/cave drawings you show interesting.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD POST THE NAME OF THE GAME YOU ARE SHOWING I dont care how obvious the game is, post the name of it. There is someone out there that will be interested and would like to know the name.

Be respectful of others, just because you have a super fast internet doesn't mean other do. Do not posting retardedly large .GIFs then say "Get over it", No fuck off. This thread is for everyone.

DO NOT QUOTE LARGE GIFS.

DO NOT post Spoilers for recently released games MEDIA TAGS DO NOT WORK SO YOU CANNOT HIDE THEM.

We are allowed to post LEAKED game image AS LONG AS you DO NOT say where/how you got it. That is classed as WAREZ and you will get banned.

If your image is larger then 1920x1090 then wrap it in [t][/t] tags.
    The way I see it it's both a courtesy/common sense issue. On average between audio and video any given youtube video of reasonable quality will be about 30 mb to stream the entire thing. If you're posting a 20+ MB gif of something that encompasses like 5 seconds of footage, you may as well just post a youtube video. While clearly there's no set rule, try to keep gifs under 10mb, prefarrably 5mb because 5 mb is comparable to any large .jpg or .png file.

Spos' you could always make exceptions for really awesome/hilarious gifs that are worth the 20+ mb, but if its just some "look at these god rays in this 30mb gif" then don't fucking post it, you're just being bothersome to people with shitty ISPs (ie: canadians)

Protips:

- You can crop .gif files in vdub. If nothing interesting is happening in 80% of the gif, you may as well just crop it down to the focal point of the image. The other 80% is just wasted pixels.
    - You can change the framerate of the gif to something smaller. Sure 60 fps is nice and smooth but you're effectively multiplying your filesize by 3x for little gain.
    - Open .gifs in GIMP/PS as they have more efficient options for saving them that will cut down the filesize by a good 30%.

For example here's an "optimized" verison of one of those gifs. There's a 4 MB difference between them for some pretty minor changes. You'd be cutting off about 10-12 mb from that post all together. (not directing this specifically at you dsi1, just a general example)

Origional

"Optimized"
    [/release]

[release] [h2]New WebM rule; no WebM. It is shit and autoplays all videos at once.[/h2]
    Hey, if you're being annoyed with the fucking WebM videos like I am.

Go to about:config, search for webm, and toggle it to false.

Firefox Only.
    [/release]

Watevamans .GIF Tutorial
    [SUB]Spam him with PMs and Hearts to show how helpful you found the tut.[/SUB]

How to make quick .gifs: GIS Edition

Whatchu need:

-An input video in .avi format (FRAPS is what I use for game capture)
    -VirtualDub

Whatchu do:

I'm going to go ahead and assume you already have your video file in .avi format. If not, Google something called SUPER and get it into an .avi container.

With both VDub and your .avi video file at the ready, open up the VDub application (Veedub64 in my case) and you'll be greeted with a nice window that looks like this:

Can't do shit with this, so now what you want to do is take your video file and drag it into the VDub window, so now you'll have something like this:

If you're like me and you are recording fullscreen, you'll want to see both your input and output file so you can review how the .gif is going to come out. To resize the video you're seeing, right click the frame and select something managable like 50%:

As you can see in the shot above, there are now actually two frames on the screen. The one on the left (that you just resized to see the right one) is the video based on the input file. The one on the right is what you'll be seeing when you export your .gif. Keep this in mind as you work around.

Now that you have the program set up alright, it's time to get down to the .gif making. There are three main buttons that will help you when creating a .gif in VDub:

Home
    End
    Delete

Home is used to start a selection, End is used to stop the selection, and Delete will delete the selection. If you're deleting from the beginning of your .avi file, you don't need to start the selection with Home, simply create the endpoint by pressing End. In order to get finer control over which frames you're deleting, use the left and right arrow keys to go frame by frame. This can also be used to delete any duplicated frames, but be warned, as this can cause unwanted speed artifacts when you compile the .gif.

When you have narrowed down the area you wish to make a .gif of, it's time to make it reasonable enough to fit on the web. To do this, we're gonna have to resize and/or crop the frame. At the top of VDub, select Video>Filters. Then, select Add and scroll down to the Resize filter.

Because I'm using such a large native resolution, I usually choose a relative size of 25%. You can use any size that you choose, but remember that .gifs can get very large very fast and you don't want people having to load a 20MB .gif of your dancing elf in WoW.

You should notice now that the right frame has decreased in size:

This is good, as now you have a full feature preview of what your .gif will look like. If it's not looking good, you can go back to Video>Filters, select the Resize filter and then the "Cropping..." option to make it fit snug.

Once you're done with all this, go to File>Export>Animated GIF. Make sure you have selected "Infinite loop" or else the .gif will stop short.

Then, find the location you want to save it and hit Save. There you go, now you should have a .gif that you can upload to your site of choice and share with the world (aka this thread).

If you have any questions, just ask.

You can also make .gifs in some versions of Photoshop (I have CS4 and can), but there are tutorials all over the place for that, so I won't make one of those.

[release]
    Shitty Archive
    V1:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/762...General+Ingame
    V2:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/832...creenshots!-v2
    V3:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/870...Primal-Edition
    V4:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/952...ink-of-a-title
    V5:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...V5.?highlight=
    V6:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/108...an-2048-x-4000
    V7:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...-game-is-that-
    V8:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...-Whore-Edition
    V9:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1152052
    V10:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1160399
    [/release]

[release]
    Collection of users Media - [SUB]basically I'll go through the previous months thread and pick some of the best images (based on the most ratings).[/SUB]

Max Payne - Kevinsevenalt

Skyrim - Joppari

Minecraft - magicman1234

Saints Row 3 - A Big Fat Ass (Mainly because he edited the sax onto an already funny picture)

Battlefield 3 - [LOA] SonofBrim

RAGE - H4wkeye

GRID - Kybalt

Forza 4 - Saber15

No idea what this game is because the idiot didn't post the name - Snarfinho

Skryim???? - 69105

Rainbow Six w/ Ravenshield 2.0 MOD - The_Marine

The Witcher - Take_Opal

Homo-erotic-Love Simulator AKA Skyrim - Stinky

GTA4 - RearAdmiral

Live For Speed - Ollih

Just Cause 2 - markinluck

I will pick more out tomorrow, it is 4am for me

[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,924 Posts
    Ahhhhhh, that new thread smell. Sad to say I don't have too many new screenshots that I'm proud of, so here's some obnoxiously high resolution Mass Effect 2 to celebrate the finale's imminent release.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11 (list)

3. Post #3
    I can resist everything except temptation
    January 2008
    3,657 Posts
    That new thread smell.

Edited:

Ninja'd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,731 Posts

Skyrim (With the "Moonpath to southern tropical Elsweyr" mod).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,315 Posts

hello there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2008
    1,149 Posts
    I was supposed to put some pictures here but then I decided I was too lazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2008
    6,368 Posts
    Updated the OP, basically RATINGS mean something now - If a post gets the most Winner OR Funny OR Artistic per page   Maybe, depends how many pages we hit    it will go in the next months OP under Collection of Users Media - Basically a trophy cabinet of good stuff.

But only if it's ok with everyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 7Agree x 2Useful x 1Artistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    How does one submit a banner? PM to you?

Edited:

-oh nevermind haha-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #9
    January 2008
    6,368 Posts
    How does one submit a banner? PM to you?

Edited:

Makes thread, then goes bed, it's the same time for me but i'm still awake.
    Sorry, I'm still awake I was just browsing other parts of the forum.

Edited:

Ok, NOW I am off to bed. Thanks 74 for the banner.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts
    No idea what this game is because the idiot didn't post the name - Snarfinho

Skryim???? - 69105
    "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" and "Dear Esther"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2010
    62 Posts
    BF3 + FXAA Injector

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 19Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2010
    6,323 Posts
    A normal day of Serious Sam

yep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    On the topic of Serious Sam, i think Serious Sam 3 is the new Crysis, people testing how good their computers are on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts
    On the topic of Serious Sam, i think Serious Sam 3 is the new Crysis, people testing how good their computers are on it.
    nope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,535 Posts
    This image in the OP is from the game Dear Esther, not Skyrim. Maybe you were making a joke and I didn't catch it, but if not... yeah.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Putting the X in Xylophone
    November 2007
    1,101 Posts
    The catholic fleet awaiting orders from The Pope.

Fucking God, always ruins The Pope's plans.

Pope:1 - God:0

Game is El Presidente's tropical invasion simulator

tropico 4   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

17. Post #17
    I've been playing some Modern Warfare 3 recently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts

Skyrim
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    September 2010
    17 Posts
    More X-Plane 10 images

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,586 Posts
    What's a good place to upload 10+ meg gifs? Or a good way to compress them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,547 Posts
    What's a good place to upload 10+ meg gifs? Or a good way to compress them?
    Upload, maybe filesmelt.

Compressing gifs you make in vdub can be done with gimp, just open it up and save it (in animation format, dur) and gimp saves it to a different color depth that is only ever so slightly worse, and takes a few megs off the file.

Edited:

Content!

time to play as the bad guys for a change

TLD mod for mount & blade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,586 Posts
    2 gifs I made from GTAIV, more or less as just a test of making gifs out of games:

I think they came out pretty good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

23. Post #23
    September 2009
    992 Posts

Cry of fear co-op.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

24. Post #24
    May 2011
    499 Posts
    Does Goldsrc not support MSAA or are you running it on a calculator?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

25. Post #25
    September 2009
    992 Posts
    bit of both really.

26. Post #26
    December 2009
    977 Posts

PAYDAY: The Heist

My buddy and I both playing while super tired. He fell asleep and everyone around him bled out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

27. Post #27
    --
    August 2009
    2,015 Posts
    It was my birthday yesterday, so I bought Syndicate with the money I got. It's rather good.

Playing a bit of Skyrim.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,088 Posts
    Bunch o' gifs
    Final Fantasy XIV:

Skyrim:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,547 Posts
    Is that a daggerfall style khajiit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,088 Posts
    Is that a daggerfall style khajiit?
    Pretty much, yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2008
    15,530 Posts

i turned into a motorbike
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,311 Posts
    Anyone remember this jewel? LOTR the third age
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Wait, what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

34. Post #34
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    It's because of the amount of graphical options the game has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,311 Posts
    It's because of the amount of graphical options the game has.
    Doesn't mean it has the graphics of crysis or that the game is demanding, The game looks good no doubt but there are alot of games that have alot better graphics.
    I'd say most people test their hardware with benchmarking tools like heaven or what it was called and Battlefield 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,022 Posts
    What game is the far left image from in the banner?

37. Post #37
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Doesn't mean it has the graphics of crysis or that the game is demanding, The game looks good no doubt but there are alot of games that have alot better graphics.
    I'd say most people test their hardware with benchmarking tools like heaven or what it was called and Battlefield 3.
    Crysis doesn't really do anything with my computer, i can run the game maxed out with no problems, whereas with Serious Sam 3, custom settings Maxed out and my computer can handle it, but i'm worried in case it overheats, with Crysis i'm not. (Bad computer history, old computer couldn't run Half Life 1)

Edited:

Battlefield 3 with FXAA Injector if i'm not mistaken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,311 Posts
    Looks like battlefield 3 on caspian border, could also be Apache air assault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,022 Posts
    Anyone remember this jewel? LOTR the third age
    Jesus christ, one of my favourite games.

40. Post #40
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,760 Posts
    Should've had the thread title include something about unidentified games.

~artistic shot~
    Serious Sam 2

Fuck this part of the level.

Medieval 2: Total War

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)