1. Post #1
    February 2010
    593 Posts

Six days, fourteen hours, twenty-three minutes; the current status of Lionhead's mysterious countdown. Lionhead Studios, the developer behind the Fable series, has taken down their whole site in place of a mysterious clock counting down until next Monday. What's so significant about this day? Well, we have no clue, Lionhead hasn't said anything about it. Our main guess is that it has something to do with an "unannounced title" that they are gathering Lead Engine Programmers for as seen in this job listing. The job listing expires March 2, Friday, so there is a possibility that they will announce what this project is once they have the staff gathered. It could be a new Fable game, or maybe even a new IP, I'm hoping for the latter but we'll just have to wait for the clock to strike zero to find out.

Countdown To Monday-Lionhead Studios Preparing For Big Announcement?

Anybody have any guesses?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 22Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    20,404 Posts
    Peter Molyneux announcing a new Fable game that is going to be yonks better than the previous which had some glaring design errors in it that are going to be rectified in this one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree x 41Optimistic x 20Funny x 6Informative x 1Disagree x 1Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,843 Posts
    Fable 4 *cough*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2010
    72 Posts
    black and white 3 black and white 3 black and white 3 hopefully
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 216Optimistic Optimistic x 5Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,333 Posts
    The only thing I would be remotely interested in from them would be black and white 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 70 (list)

6. Post #6
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    17,288 Posts
    it better not be another game from peter molyneux
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,764 Posts
    It's going to be The Movies 2.

I never got to play Black and White 2 but I thought the general reception was that it wasn't as good as 1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 34Disagree x 5Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    14,966 Posts
    Whatever it is, I know I'm going to be let down by it in the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Project Milo 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,601 Posts
    I hope it's another Black & White. I quite enjoyed playing the original.

Also hoping against hope for a new Dungeon Keeper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

11. Post #11
    Hope it's not another fable, the games are getting worse and worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 26Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,840 Posts

I never got to play Black and White 2 but I thought the general reception was that it wasn't as good as 1?
    I loved the second one! My favorite thing was petting my lion :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,434 Posts
    I loved the second one! My favorite thing was petting my lion :)
    If by petting you mean beating the shit out of, I agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 44Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,196 Posts
    I remember buying The Movies when I was younger and had absolutely no idea what I was doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 45Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    594 Posts
    Black and White Kinect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    426 Posts
    Please be Black & White 3, thank you that is all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #17
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Honestly none of Lionhead's games have been that great but I can't really fault them for their ambition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree x 19Agree x 2Funny x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,528 Posts
    the movies 2 please please please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 45Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    The facebook page on the redirects to the fable facbook page

so it sadly might be about fable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    4,680 Posts
    Fable and Movies: 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2009
    2,320 Posts
    A new Black and White or Dungeon Keeper would make me really happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,266 Posts
    I hope it will be Fable 2 for PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I want to say that this is going to be Black & White 3 but we all know that it's going to be another shitty Fable game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,136 Posts
    Maybe it's just an actual countdown to Monday, and at the end of the countdown, it will be Monday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 120Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,024 Posts
    if they make black and white 3 it better not suck, oh god i can see the dlc opportunities now
    NEW CREATURE ADDON ONLY $20
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,584 Posts
    A new Popolous

Or Dungeon Keeper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Black and White The Movies: Dungeon Keeper Fable Edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Lionhead Studios don't own Dungeon Keeper franchise, they don't have any rights to make DK3. Unfortunately.

29. Post #29
    June 2010
    5,927 Posts

There were some silly changes like you, as a God, having to buy buildings and upgrades from some kind of divine store, the story was a very thin excuse and overall I didn't feel as involved in the world because of a lack of (decent) sidequests and even the shoulder devil and angel seemed to be less well written. They also cut the number of creatures for example. It overall felt too streamlined I'd say.

But it was very pretty and I especially liked the changes to the building mechanics (commanding armies as an evil god was also kinda fun) and I thought your alignment was better reflected in the world. I just miss a lot of the stuff of the old one that made the worlds more interesting to explore and play with.

Wish they would hire better writers tho, the funny/cute villagers were alright, but the overarching plot never tied me to the game. I mean obviously the amount of writers having experience with writing gods is small, but it's not like an impossible job either, especially if you personify them.

30. Post #30
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    6,978 Posts
    I remember buying The Movies when I was younger and had absolutely no idea what I was doing
    Liposuction and Breast implants for EVERYONE

even the men
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #31
    July 2009
    9,449 Posts
    Lionhead Studios don't own Dungeon Keeper franchise, they don't have any rights to make DK3. Unfortunately.
    nooooo :(

Dungeon Keeper was great, I still play the DK2.
    Black and White 3 would be cool as well. Hell, everything but Fable would be cool. Fable got boring after the first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,624 Posts
    A few weeks ago I mailed them asking if the Black & White series belonged to history or if we might see it again in a far future. Never got an answer. Crossing my fingers it's a new B&W game!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    424 Posts
    There were some silly changes like you, as a God, having to buy buildings and upgrades from some kind of divine store, the story was a very thin excuse and overall I didn't feel as involved in the world because of a lack of (decent) sidequests and even the shoulder devil and angel seemed to be less well written. They also cut the number of creatures for example. It overall felt too streamlined I'd say.

But it was very pretty and I especially liked the changes to the building mechanics (commanding armies as an evil god was also kinda fun) and I thought your alignment was better reflected in the world. I just miss a lot of the stuff of the old one that made the worlds more interesting to explore and play with.

Wish they would hire better writers tho, the funny/cute villagers were alright, but the overarching plot never tied me to the game. I mean obviously the amount of writers having experience with writing gods is small, but it's not like an impossible job either, especially if you personify them.
    I actually liked the changes, I've spent hours just growing my village to span the entire island after the mission was done without any boredom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,005 Posts
    what does it mean by a 'new IP'?

35. Post #35
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    what does it mean by a 'new IP'?
    New Intellectual Property. Read: A completely new game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    Maybe it's just a site update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,766 Posts
    Half Life 2: Episode 3 calling it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,639 Posts
    the page is black and white so the announcement will be black & white 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    If it's Black & White 3 I will die. I played the original tones and still do to this day, and I even loved the hell out of the second game even though everyone slates it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    7,931 Posts
    It has to be B&W3. If it's not I'll be upset.

Edited:

B&W2 was actually pretty awesome, really nice game. For some reason I don't think I completed either game which is something I definitely ought to get on some time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)