1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts

[release]
    What is Tiramisu 2?

In a few words, it's an RP script.

Of course, I'm not just gonna stop at a few words because it's not the kind of thing that can be described in a single line. Tiramisu is more than just an RP script, it's a project that Fnox and I (Fnox foremost, I'm a lazy ass) have been working on for almost 3 years, using Cakescript G2 originally by Nori/JWJ. It's no longer in any way similar to Cakescript G2, however, Tiramisu 2 uses roughly 3% of the original unmodified Cakescript G2 code, the rest has been modernized, extended, scrapped altogether and modified to bring you, the user, the most extensive and feature complete RP script that GMod has seen thus far. Tiramisu 2 doesn't look like anything, it doesn't feel like anything you may have seen before as it is made with the intention of looking and feeling unique. It's a different way to play.

Tiramisu 2 is like the sandbox of roleplay scripts. You know how in sandbox you can build a plane or a space ship or a skyscraper? In Tiramisu 2 you can start it up and build a roleplay with absolutely no programming skills. It's all done in pretty menus and easy to understand wording. Best of all? It's free.
    [/release]
    [HR][/HR]
    [release]
    It's Beautiful

[/release]

[HR][/HR]
    [release]
    It's Here

Download

Once you've got that downloaded put the folder in garrysmod/gamemodes and then move the contents of Tiramisu/content to garrysmod/garrysmod and click "yes" to merge.
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King x 102Dumb x 13Winner x 6Optimistic x 4Agree x 2Friendly x 2Artistic x 2Funny x 2Lua Helper x 1Disagree x 1Informative x 1Zing x 1Late x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,992 Posts
    I have followed this project for a long time, and it has already came a long way. This gamemode is perfect for any kind of roleplay and I hope you'll enjoy it as I already have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 13Agree x 5Friendly x 2Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2009
    714 Posts
    Best release to hit this section of the forums, in a long time. Great job. Glad I was there on the day of release for Tiramisu 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Title

August 2009
    300 Posts
    Oh my, been waiting for a while for this. Great job :) Going to try it out now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2007
    41 Posts

first thing I did in tiramisu 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 58Informative x 2Dumb x 2Agree x 2Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,075 Posts
    Oh nice, been waiting for this.

Can't wait to try it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,416 Posts
    Heya, I'm FNox.

Uhh, kind of wanted to be the first to post but you people kind of beat me to it, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Lua King x 97Dumb x 3Lua Helper x 2Late x 2Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Rate Big Bang Lua King, he's the other developer and put TONS of work into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 8Lua King x 6Lua Helper x 3Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,394 Posts
    Dat character customization
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,416 Posts
    Just a sidenote, Tiramisu 2 doesn't play along well with some addons. Specially admin mods, those seem to touch a bunch of things they shouldn't be touching and break gamemodes in general. If you're having any issues, check your addons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Informative Informative x 8Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    568 Posts
    sweet stuff doode i love yall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    wow this script sure is beautfiul
    beautfiul is now a word, look at the title
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,529 Posts
    Easily the best gamemode for roleplaying.

Simply amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    I know nothing about you but fuck it here's a title
    December 2005
    1,769 Posts
    Great work. At least there isn't any developer key bullshit here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,939 Posts
    Are there any servers which are going to run this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,992 Posts
    Yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,312 Posts
    I've got a server running this, haven't logged on it yet, I should do that..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

October 2010
    130 Posts
    I am going to start a server when i get my schema done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,416 Posts
    Hey guys, I put up a patch that fixes some very small stuff. It's not really essential but it does fix a couple of niggles.

If you already started development and don't want to screw things up, here's the commit logs so you know what to change:

https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramis...acea3fb9a5cf51
    https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramis...1c55fe52bad4b9
    https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramis...6363448e2d12b7
    https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramis...f1cf5fadb8c0ed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,312 Posts
    Niggles? Is that a thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,416 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Informative x 2Agree x 1Dumb x 1Lua King x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,312 Posts
    No way.. I can't help but feel as if that is racist..

Edited:

Starting work on my schema, wee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    275 Posts
    Awwwwwwwwww yeah!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2010
    60 Posts
    I fap to this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,416 Posts
    No way.. I can't help but feel as if that is racist..

Edited:

Starting work on my schema, wee.
    Nagger sounds way more offensive, and hey

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nagger

And hey, it means roughly the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,312 Posts
    Conspiracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2011
    94 Posts
    Great gamemode, excellent work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    275 Posts
    Found a bug, if you put someone into a faction you can never put them in/rank them up if you move them.

EDIT
    -----
    Nevermind, they need to create a new character
    -----
    EDIT
    -----
    Making people something in a faction is extremely buggy, rp_admin joinfaction "cca" "daz" doesn't work rp_admin joinfaction "cca" "Loki" doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    Yes, one here incoming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

April 2010
    81 Posts
    Finally, this is orgasmic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    usa
    anarchisticstudios
    December 2011
    2,250 Posts
    Better than clockwork anyday

(User was banned for this post ("image macro" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,714 Posts
    Im probably going to make a schema even though im not planning on hosting a server, just for the hell of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    June 2011
    792 Posts
    Great work guys. It is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Greece Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    May 2006
    148 Posts
    There's a bug with the vortigaunt pill:
    Code:
    [gamemodes\tiramisu\gamemode\schemas\hl2rp\items\vortigaunt_pill.lua:21] attempt to call method 'RemoveClothing' (a nil value)
    Also, using the pill whilst it's in your inventory causes you to drop a duplicate.

Writing a note on paper also causes the paper to be duplicated in the inventory:
    Code:
    [gamemoddes\tiramisu\gamemode\items.lua:23] attempt to concatenate local 'id' ( a boolean value)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,416 Posts
    Guys, use this for reporting bugs.

https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramisu

It's way neater, and it'll pretty much guarantee I'll fix your bug since it goes right to my inbox.

Found a bug, if you put someone into a faction you can never put them in/rank them up if you move them.

EDIT
    -----
    Nevermind, they need to create a new character
    -----
    EDIT
    -----
    Making people something in a faction is extremely buggy, rp_admin joinfaction "cca" "daz" doesn't work rp_admin joinfaction "cca" "Loki" doesn't work.
    Don't use the command, use the right click options.

I really should overstate that the point of the right click stuff is to get rid of the commands. Use the right click stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    We should probably still fix that chat commands, I'll do it when I get home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    February 2009
    1,356 Posts
    This gamemode has come a long way from its initial beta release.

Tiramisu back in the old days

Tiramisu is the best roleplay framework that I know of, and I really hope people will start using it a lot more. FNox and Jawalt are both amazing scripters and they have put a lot of work into Tiramisu.

Also, I said this back in another thread, but I'll say it here too: if anyone wants any help with creating a Tiramisu 2 schema or want any specific plugins coded for their copy of the script, just contact me on steam (you'll find my steam profile under my avatar). I'd gladly help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,416 Posts
    Already did. Those bugs are fixed, please download the repo.

Please use the bug tracker next time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    487 Posts
    Bravo you two. You dun good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2010
    1,206 Posts
    Just wondering - what's the difference between Groups and Factions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)