1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,368 Posts
    I'm trying to find the function signature that controls physgun scrolling since I'd like to make a script that allows me to automatically scroll the physgun forward and backwards (I'm tired of scrolling the wheel 1000x to get a far away prop to me), but I've never modded source before so I'm unsure about a few things. Would anyone know where to get the source to the physgun, I believe I need that to find the signature. Also, would the signature I'm looking for be located in client.dll (I want the script to be clientside)? Sorry to be such a noob.. I don't know where else to find this information.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2011
    1,137 Posts
    It would be pretty cool if we had a scroll sensitivity as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,368 Posts
    I think I'll just try to find some documentation on the mousewheel function/hook and look for that. I'm pretty sure VAC won't mind but correct me if I'm wrong please.

It would be pretty cool if we had a scroll sensitivity as well
    I think I could also do that if my attempt at this is successful. I believe that would be a server side module though. But again, I'm faced with the problem of no source code to the physgun.

4. Post #4
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Afaik you can use the pictureUp/pictureDown button, otherwise you can still get a mouse with free scroll.

5. Post #5
    December 2011
    1,137 Posts
    My G500 has a free scroll button, but still there should be an option for mouse sensitivity, not everyone owns a G500 or a mouse that has a free scroll.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,368 Posts
    Afaik you can use the pictureUp/pictureDown button, otherwise you can still get a mouse with free scroll.
    I googled "pictureup" button and "picturedown" button because I have no idea what those are and google gave me nothing. Could you clarify what you're talking about?

7. Post #7
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    I googled "pictureup" button and "picturedown" button because I have no idea what those are and google gave me nothing. Could you clarify what you're talking about?
    Oh sorry, translated it the wrong way, wanted to say pageUp pageDown

8. Post #8
    July 2010
    1,458 Posts
    If you've never messed with source before, you won't get this done. Explore the source sdk a bit before trying anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)