I got MW3 on Friday, and it was 14 gigs. I freaked out and I knew how the download EFT (estimated finish time) is very inaccurate. So, I came up with a little formula on finding out how long it COULD take.
1. Find the average KB/S or MB/S of the download speed
2. If the average is in KB/S, divide 1024 by the average
3. Take the quotient and have the number and the tenths place and the hundredths place. (i.e. quotient=5.2895634, new quotient = 5.28)
4. Take the size of the download and subtract how much of the game you've DL'ed so far
5. Take that number and divide it by the new quotient.
6. Take the quotient of that operation in step 5 and divide it by 60
My game was 62% finished downloading, and I wanted to find out how long it'd take to download from that point.
The average is 177.5 kb/s
The quotient of 1024/177.5 is 5.77
Size of game=14,089 MB
Hope this helps a bit!