1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,542 Posts
    In this video I expose Mr. Tommy Jordan and his "Facebook Parenting" video as a hoax. Mr. Jordan communicated beforehand that he had an idea to use in an attempt to make a video that would go viral. I had no idea the video would involve a hoax until after I saw it.

This guy has a lot of "irons in the fire" that he piddles around with, but his wife is actually the bread winner and the one with the real job.
    He calls himself an "IT guy," but he has no degree in computing nor does he have any formal training in it. In other words, I wouldn't even allow him to dust my computer...much less work on it.

Here's a link to the veterinary neutering clinic. Click on "About Us" and then "Our Team" and you'll see Tommy Jordan, "Administrative Technical Staff."
    That's nothing but a fancy term for "gopher" and answering the phone...while his veterinarian wife does the work.
    If you read his wife's bio it says that she married her "high school sweetheart." That bio is a bit deceptive. She was married for several years to a different guy and only got married to Tommy Jordan within the past year. She essentially has him do chores at her veterinary clinic. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't have any job at all.
    The daughter "Hannah" that he refers to in his hoax video is his from a previous relationship.
    http://spayneuter.bearcreekvet.net/

His "One Man's Junk" selling website...
    http://www.omjlist.com/

His website for his "book," with a picture of him in a suit and tie attempting to look official and important.
    His "book" is nothing more than an enlarged pamphlet that he paid to have printed.
    http://tommyjordan.me/

You have been deceived.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 106Winner x 6Late x 6Informative x 3Zing x 2Dumb x 2Useful x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    14,787 Posts
    Well he had me fooled, good idea for a hoax to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 107 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    But do exploding .45 caliber hollow point rounds exist? Mind boggling question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,706 Posts
    You have been deceived.
    You mean people believed it was genuine?

It had viral sugar coated all over it. The situation was blatantly sensationalist. I didn't take part in the thread, but I didn't really see anything that set it apart from other 'viral' videos apart from really great acting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 70Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Hahaha, gold.

6. Post #6
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    6,987 Posts
    Americans will make anything more explosive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree x 52Funny x 9Dumb x 4Winner x 2Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,220 Posts
    well he was very convincing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 39 (list)

8. Post #8
    Why wouldn't it? It all seemed legit and he sounded distressed.

I hate people that act like this "OH I KNEW IT WAS NEVER REAL, I'M COOL"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 128Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,871 Posts
    I'd be patient and wait for more "proof" than believing some old guy speculating about things he's finding on Jordan's own site.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 63Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    652 Posts
    I still don't exactly understand how his video is a Hoax. So what, Mr. Jordan dabbles into projects and doesnt want to contact the news outlets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Yeah I'm gonna wait for more, "proof". Rather than some dude being skeptical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,364 Posts
    Who cares. At least it helped him raise a lot of money for charity.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,706 Posts
    Why wouldn't it? It all seemed legit and he sounded distressed.
    It was incredibly good.

I hate people that act like this "OH I KNEW IT WAS NEVER REAL, I'M COOL"
    Oh stop being a ninny. Not everyone cares or gets interested in every little viral video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,404 Posts
    i'm confused, why does it matter if it's a hoax or not? i still found it entertaining either way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,706 Posts
    i'm confused, why does it matter if it's a hoax or not? i still found it entertaining either way
    Because all the children will cry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2007
    264 Posts
    .45 Devastator rounds.

http://www.firequest.com/DV45.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    7,484 Posts
    What if this video is a hoax, in order to downplay the original?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,089 Posts
    If by "exploding" you mean "break apart on impact with a hard surface", then yes.

Otherwise, not to my knowledge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    They don't "explode" like you think they do. Because they're hollow point they start tumbling upon impact and mushroom out, so the bullet turns itself inside out and becomes larger, thats atleast how I think they work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,089 Posts
    Guess I was wrong.

Those bullets are $15 for a pack of 6 though, and the guy in the video said his ammo cost about a dollar apiece.

EDIT: Ach! Mein automerge!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    What if this video is a hoax, in order to downplay the original?
    thats what I thought of at first but it sounds like there is SOME truth in his video. Although not absolute truth. Wish the guy would just get to the point instead of drawing it out.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    Was being kind of sarcastic about that. Thought that the "Mind boggling question" was a good give away .

23. Post #23
    May 2010
    10,941 Posts
    I trust any man with a pipe and a beard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,542 Posts
    Did you see how many responses it got?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,706 Posts
    Did you see how many responses it got?
    Do you know how many people watch Fox News?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 14Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,163 Posts
    im now waiting for all the youtube kids to spam the video with "FAKE AND GAY!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2011
    1,418 Posts
    Did Jordan tell this old man about the video he was going to make?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,542 Posts
    I find the fact that he works for his wife to be hilarious. No sexism intended, but he rambled on in the video about how his daughter needs a job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,725 Posts
    This guy takes himself waaay too seriously

"You can't be deceiving people like that on youtube!" As if the original video even hurt anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,542 Posts
    This guy takes himself waaay too seriously
    Everything is serious business.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,744 Posts
    Just because he has no formal training doesn't mean he cant build a computer for christs sake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2011
    221 Posts
    They don't "explode" like you think they do. Because they're hollow point they start tumbling upon impact and mushroom out, so the bullet turns itself inside out and becomes larger, thats atleast how I think they work.
    No, a hollow point round actually shatters into pieces on impact. For that reason it is used only for law enforcement, since it allows them to quickly put down a target in a crowd without injuring people behind him/her.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,543 Posts
    That old fart could have cut down that video to 30 seconds. He's just repeating himself over and over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 19Agree x 5Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2009
    4,479 Posts
    Even the video is fake, who cares? It still has the same effect for me. If it doesn't for you then just use your
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,923 Posts
    This Tommy guy also took advantage of the publicity to raise money under his name for whatever this is:

http://www2.mda.org/site/TR/Lock-Up/...nal&fr_id=2092

36. Post #36
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH

July 2009
    3,952 Posts
    Did a damn good job. Made you hate the girl and understand where the guy was coming from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    2,498 Posts
    greg solomon is an idiot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,542 Posts
    greg solomon is an idiot
    He was part of the vloggers when youtube meant something as a community. :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,456 Posts
    Did a damn good job. Made you hate the girl and understand where the guy was coming from.
    Made me dislike the dad and not really think any less of the girl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,518 Posts
    I personally thought he was overreacting, but whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)