1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts

NOW NO ONE HAS TO BE LEFT BEHIND! READ THE COMICS FIRST COMPENDIUM HERE:http://www.scribd.com/collections/28...english?page=1

Sypnosis
    The Walking Dead is an AMC TV series, based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive. NEW EPISODES START THIS SUNDAY ON AMC

SPOILER TAG EVERY AND ALL SPOILERS RELATING TO NEW EPISODES OR THE COMIC

The Show
    Season 1 Trailer
    Season 2 Trailer
    Season 3 Trailer

The Webisodes
    Part 1 of 4
    Part 5 of 8 (Coldstorage)

The Comic

I (Coldwave) highly suggest for you all to at least look into the comics, I must say though that the comic is a lot more vicious and dark then the show, However it can be found in the graphics novel section of a bookstore or HERE

Issue 1 Cover

More Links (SOME MAY CONTAIN MASSIVE SPOILERS, INDULGE AT OWN RISK)
    http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki
    Old Thread: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/975269/105

Anything else needed in the OP? Let me know!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,930 Posts
    Whats the news on series 3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    Whats the news on series 3?
    I know that new episodes start THIS sunday, I also know that season 3 will have 16 episodes.`(Sorry, wasn't sure what you were asking about)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,930 Posts
    You broke my merge but I read that series 2 continues tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    Content

Shane Headbutt's Rick in this photo, you can't see the attack but he does

VERY promising second half of the season.

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    August 2010
    507 Posts
    ^shit just got real
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,096 Posts
    Kirkman said that this episode has the best ending so far. So it must be a biggie. Somebody's going to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    I don't want to cause a flame war, but I tried this show, and the people are too stupid to live. (sometimes literally) I mean, what was with    that girl who didn't want to take the supplies in the cars because they belong to someone else? and even worse, why didn't the other people ignore her idiocy and take them anyways?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    I don't want to cause a flame war, but I tried this show, and the people are too stupid to live. (sometimes literally) I mean, what was with    that girl who didn't want to take the supplies in the cars because they belong to someone else? and even worse, why didn't the other people ignore her idiocy and take them anyways?   
    TWD is more of a show on the human condition, how we would react under these circumstances, plus the fact that zombies never existed in the world of TWD, so no one has ever heard of the dead walking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,984 Posts
    Recently finished the first 93 issues of the comics. I must say they are pretty damn awesome, first time i've ever read a comic series. The way the characters are represented are much more realistic than in the show.
    The show's still awesome though, I hope they do some new things with the story like the first season.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

11. Post #11
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    I'm actually really interested in checking out the latest episode because I've got a small hope that because the Sophia problem is over then maybe... JUST MAYBE they'll finally move the fuck on and maybe the characters will stop being retards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Was going to buy Volume 1 of the comic book on Amazon but it turns out the shipping is more than my card had on it. I even looked on other sites and they were all pretty expensive with shipping. I'll just have to wait a bit and then I might just buy a bunch of the comics at the same time to save some money.

Also, can't wait to see the next episode. I have to work but at least I have a DVR receiver!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,984 Posts
    http://comicsnetwork.hqcyber.info/20...-image-comics/

^ The entire comic series is on this website if ya want. Kind of a dick move to the writers, but it's cheaper than ordering them all online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,636 Posts
    Thanks, it works for now although I would like to eventually become an owner of some of the comics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    I'm actually really interested in checking out the latest episode because I've got a small hope that because the Sophia problem is over then maybe... JUST MAYBE they'll finally move the fuck on and maybe the characters will stop being retards.
    They are moving on big time, Kirkman said this half of the season will be very tense and present a bunch of new threats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,323 Posts
    It starts again this week? Awesome. I thought it was in like April or something.

17. Post #17
    Walking Dead or how to turn a promising postapocalytic series into a mexican soap opera in less than three episodes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    It starts again this week? Awesome. I thought it was in like April or something.
    April 1st is Game of Thrones.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    Sunday night on AMC. (Tomorrow)

Edited:

Walking Dead or how to turn a promising postapocalytic series into a mexican soap opera in less than three episodes
    I'd suggest you check out the second half of this season, it looks they are over not moving on. On air trailer looks really good.

20. Post #20
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    Sunday night on AMC. (Tomorrow)

Edited:

I'd suggest you check out the second half of this season, it looks they are over not moving on. On air trailer looks really good.
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country." FUCK

I hope there's some more intense zombie action from now on, first half of the season was way too stale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,478 Posts
    I've talked to people who think the reason the characters have been so lazy and stupid is because they are still in shock. The characters still haven't accepted what has happened, therefore they aren't making any plans or strategies.

Now that the Sophia thing is over, hopefully this marks the end of the 'shock' era of their post apocalypse lives and from now on it's all about survival mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country." FUCK

I hope there's some more intense zombie action from now on, first half of the season was way too stale.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW_42KFJlVc Try this friend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YihnF...eature=related Or this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    In case anyone missed any episodes, there is a marathon on AMC right now. On one of the early season 1 episodes at the moment.

24. Post #24
    In case anyone missed any episodes, there is a marathon on AMC right now. On one of the early season 1 episodes at the moment.
    the only good episodes, then

I've seen every episode religiously, and it's been downhill since the pilot. Or since most of the gang    escaped atlanta   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    best episode was the one where
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    the only good episodes, then

I've seen every episode religiously, and it's been downhill since the pilot. Or since most of the gang    escaped atlanta   
    Definitely since the Pilot.

They've retconned so much shit or just completely forgot about rules they established.
    It's like the writers aren't even on the same page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    New episode tonight on AMC guys, remember to check it out if you have time :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    August 2010
    507 Posts
    I don't have cable, what do

29. Post #29
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    I don't have cable, what do
    Watch online?

30. Post #30
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,756 Posts
    I'm from the UK and this doesn't air here till a few weeks later if i'm right, anyway I can watch it online?

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,441 Posts
    I'm from the UK and this doesn't air here till a few weeks later if i'm right, anyway I can watch it online?

This site used to post episodes an hour after they air, I think they will with tonight's episode also.
    http://www.couchtuner.com/the-walking-dead/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    September 2009
    1,630 Posts
    I'm skeptical about this time, the first season was great. The first part of the second season however, was slow as hell. I hope this one is better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I guess I'll be downloading this tomorrow. :)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,511 Posts
    It's on FX, the 17th at 10PM.

Edited:

I'd rather wait a few days and see it in HD than watch a shitty quality stream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

36. Post #36
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,218 Posts
    This season or part of the season is going to be much better. I mean the name of the episode is Nebraska.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    Saw Shane on Conan the other night. He was explaining how you can show gore and violence and have a certain amount of swearing, but the only nudity you're allowed is the male butt, and simulated sex must have no thrusting.

What a mature, civilized society we live in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,018 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Spartacus doesn't even remotely follow the rules. At one stage a guy said while he was screwing some chick "I would finish with cock in arse"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,300 Posts
    Spartacus has a higher rating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

40. Post #40
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    Just a couple more hours til the new episode. I'm kind of excited. I hope it's good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)