1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,702 Posts
    Other thread was locked, continue debate in here.

Hello, today I am here to discuss the "most awful thing to walk our planet",

the Gays.

What is my opinion on them?
    They're humans. They're like us and in my opinion they should be treated as if they were no different. Who they like should not conflict with how you treat them (respect wise, as if you were to treat a gay navy officer the same as a straight navy officer). This debate has been going on in threads like "same-sex marriage", but I think this is more specific on the one homosexuality concept.

I believe we should treat gay's as if nothing were different about them.

Give me your opinion, Facepunch.

(sorry, title mess up, didn't read it. should be "what's wrong with them")
    Really, guys, there is nothing wrong with homosexuals.
    (this thread is for general debate on why they're so commonly hated, what's wrong with them, ect)

fuck i swear is it their or there i'm terrible when it comes to grammar + titles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2
    August 2007
    933 Posts
    Is it really necessary to debate. I don't see facepunch as having a big conservative christian population so who would really oppose your statement?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,702 Posts
    Is it really necessary to debate. I don't see facepunch as having a big conservative christian population so who would really oppose your statement?
    Go to the old thread and see how many people disagree with each other.

4. Post #4
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,075 Posts
    99% of us are far from your typical Christian Conservative but our opinions still differ greatly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,731 Posts
    Religion does not necessarily indicate homophobia/homophobic attitudes. See: Russia and Japan.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    Christian Conservative here

gays are bad m'kay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #7
    March 2011
    331 Posts
    If there's nothing wrong with gays, how about we allow pedophiles to violate our children.

Say hello to Father John and his boyfriend

(User was banned for this post ("This isn't how you post in Mass Debate" - Swebonny))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #8
    September 2011
    119 Posts
    As with all people, I don't mind them.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,485 Posts
    If there's nothing wrong with gays, how about we allow pedophiles to violate our children.

Say hello to Father John and his boyfriend

There's a difference between being pedophile and child rapist, just saiyan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,685 Posts
    I'm wondering if half the people in this thread so far are serious or not.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    There's a difference between being pedophile and child rapist, just saiyan.
    yeah, pedophiles can't help being the way they are

12. Post #12
    March 2011
    331 Posts
    Also the child may want to be with the pedophile.

13. Post #13
    November 2007
    11,075 Posts
    I don't think I will ever find myself respecting pedophiles beyond admitting they have a serious mental disorder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member

July 2007
    3,306 Posts
    Also the child may want to be with the pedophile.
    One could argue that children don't have to mental capacity to make such decisions, and that child molesters take advantage of this.

15. Post #15
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    21,476 Posts
    I don't think I will ever find myself respecting pedophiles beyond admitting they have a serious mental disorder.
    A serious mental disorder according to modern society. Throughout many other periods of history common things today in the past would be seen as mental disorders, or vice versa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    The same could be said about homosexuals by some.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,499 Posts
    The argument against pedophilia is that it causes those effected by it to be attracted to those who may lack the capacity to make a good decision, thus being taken advantage of.

This argument cannot be made against homosexuality, it is two consenting adults.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member

July 2007
    3,306 Posts
    The argument against pedophilia is that it causes those effected by it to be attracted to those who may lack the capacity to make a good decision, thus being taken advantage of.

This argument cannot be made against homosexuality, it is two consenting adults.
    You're making the mistake of believing all pedophiles are child molesters, and that simply isn't the case.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,702 Posts
    pedophilia =/= homosexuality
    child rapist =/= homosexuality

20. Post #20
    April 2009
    502 Posts
    The only thing that bugs me is how quickly they label someone a bigot.

In high school, a few gay couples used to go up in the middle of the school and make out. No, not just make out, that's an understatement, they were dry humping basically against the walls, grabbing each others asses and shoving their tongues down eachother's throats, girls were kissing the top of eachother's tits and the guys were grabbing eachother's junk. I asked them to stop, save it for the bedroom or just go somewhere else to do it. They quickly labelled me a bigot and told me I was promoting hate. I've told the same thing to straight couples all the time there.

Just because your different does not give you the ability to go do that shit in front of people. I have no problem with gays, but when they use it as a defense for their behavior and then label people hate promoters, then it's crossed the line. You fight so hard to be treated like everyone else, then you receive the treatment and claim it's hate.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,702 Posts

In high school, a few gay couples used to go up in the middle of the school and make out. No, not just make out, that's an understatement, they were dry humping basically against the walls, grabbing each others asses and shoving their tongues down eachother's throats, girls were kissing the top of eachother's tits and the guys were grabbing eachother's junk. I asked them to stop, save it for the bedroom or just go somewhere else to do it. They quickly labelled me a bigot and told me I was promoting hate. I've told the same thing to straight couples all the time there.

Just because your different does not give you the ability to go do that shit in front of people. I have no problem with gays, but when they use it as a defense for their behavior and then label people hate promoters, then it's crossed the line. You fight so hard to be treated like everyone else, then you receive the treatment and claim it's hate.
    I do the same and that also happens at my school. Just because you're gay doesn't give you the right to fuck in public while a straight couple can be disgraced for it.

22. Post #22
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,517 Posts

Unless they're in your way, I don't see why you should care in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

23. Post #23
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    7,781 Posts
    A serious mental disorder according to modern society. Throughout many other periods of history common things today in the past would be seen as mental disorders, or vice versa.
    I'm not disgusted by pedophiles, but by those that have no self-control and become child molesters.

Being a pedophile is not some horrible disorder, no more than someone getting their rocks off to feet is.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,122 Posts

learn to ignore things

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    February 2011
    101 Posts
    pedophilia =/= homosexuality
    child rapist =/= homosexuality
    Uhhh, yes it does...

If you rape a child that's a boy, and you're a man, that's homosexual.

"BUT BUT BUT THEY'RE KIDS"

The child is a boy. You're a man. How is this any difference from a male rapist raping a man?

"YEAH BUT HE'S NOT ACTUALLY GAY HE JUST WANTED TO RAPE A BOY THAT'S ALL."

Oh, okay. Not gay at all. Same thing goes if you're a woman raping a child that's a girl. Homosexual.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,499 Posts
    You're making the mistake of believing all pedophiles are child molesters, and that simply isn't the case.
    I was stating the general argument, I never specified it as being my own belief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

27. Post #27
    LSD
    March 2011
    20 Posts
    Any person who does not inflict harm to other peoples freedom should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want. If someone wants to engage in sexual acts with people of their own gender, if someone wants to kill themself, if someone wants to get high on heroin, if someone wants to have fictional friends - or even if some do not. Why the fuck should you care!?

I don't get what drives people to keep others from doing what they want most!? Even if what that person wants most is getting buttfucked, you shouldn't do shit, 'cause you're not the one with a dick up your ass, and how does sodomy inflict harm to others anyway!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

28. Post #28
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    Uhhh, yes it does...

The child is a boy. You're a man. How is this any difference from a male rapist raping a man?

Oh, okay. Not gay at all. Same thing goes if you're a woman raping a child that's a girl. Homosexual.
    What the fuck are you talking about? He meant that this is a thread about homosexuality, not pedophilia.
    Pedophiles aren't always gay, and gays aren't always pedophiles. They're obviously two completely separate things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,702 Posts
    Uhhh, yes it does...

You do realize that all rapists aren't homosexuals. Pedophilia is a general interest in little kids of both genders normally.

30. Post #30
    Blue Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    1,031 Posts
    Unless they're in your way, I don't see why you should care in the first place.
    Full on action in public is not acceptable regardless of sexuality, and it's even worse for people who disagree with homosexuality. Nobody wants to see a girl and a guy dry humping in the street, never mind guy on guy. This has never been acceptable behaviour.

I try to debate with these people but I always get labelled as a troll/bigot instantly for disagreeing and end up getting banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,787 Posts
    I think the discussion might want to get back on track. Homosexuals =/= pedophiles and rapists

As for my two cents... I don't really see anything wrong with it. People are entitled to their beliefs and opinions, which is why I don't necessarily agree with people that think Homosexuality is wrong, I also don't believe in impeding their ability to voice their opinions either.

I do, however, believe that a lot of the problems could be solved with education and dispelling some of the stereotypes and misplaced beliefs going around.

32. Post #32
    June 2007
    8,517 Posts
    Full on action in public is not acceptable regardless of sexuality, and it's even worse for people who disagree with homosexuality. Nobody wants to see a girl and a guy dry humping in the street, never mind guy on guy. This has never been acceptable behaviour.
    Some of my friends and I think it's acceptable behavior. People do it around here quiet a bit and I've got no problems with it.
    Why? Because it's not harming anyone.
    You're saying that it's not ok because most people don't like it. Does that mean racism and slavery were ok two centuries ago because most people thought it was acceptable?
    I know a couple of towns in the Southern US that don't like people without white skin, is it acceptable if they lynch them because most of them agree?

33. Post #33
    Blue Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    1,031 Posts
    Some of my friends and I think it's acceptable behavior. People do it around here quiet a bit and I've got no problems with it.
    Why? Because it's not harming anyone.
    You're saying that it's not ok because most people don't like it. Does that mean racism and slavery were ok two centuries ago because most people thought it was acceptable?
    I know a couple of towns in the Southern US that don't like people without white skin, is it acceptable if they lynch them because most of them agree?
    So you just tried to argue my point by saying that you and a few other people are fine with it and then some ridiculous... analogies?

Alright.

Is it OK to go in public and whip out my gigantic dong and furiously masturbate, making large splatters of semen in clear view? Because I think that's acceptable.

What you posted doesn't have any validity to it. Your views are clearly quite disgusting and don't please people. Just because YOU find it OK doesn't mean somebody else doesn't feel immensely repulsed by two gays kissing and crotch grabbing.

34. Post #34
    December 2011
    530 Posts
    So you just tried to argue my point by saying that you and a few other people are fine with it and then some ridiculous... analogies?

Alright.

Is it OK to go in public and whip out my gigantic dong and furiously masturbate, making large splatters of semen in clear view? Because I think that's acceptable.

What you posted doesn't have any validity to it. Your views are clearly quite disgusting and don't please people. Just because YOU find it OK doesn't mean somebody else doesn't feel immensely repulsed by two gays kissing and crotch grabbing.
    Relevant to thread.

35. Post #35
    March 2009
    1,775 Posts

Alright.

Yeah, but two gay people - or two anyone - kissing and crotch-grabbing is objectively harmless. If that disgusts you, maybe it's worth a bit of introspection on whether that disgust is valid or not.

36. Post #36
    June 2007
    8,517 Posts
    I don't see why I should care if you have your dick out in public, but there's a difference between that and making a mess everywhere.

What you posted doesn't have any validity to it.
    Actually I was pointing out your argumentum ad populum fallacy. Completely valid.

Your views are clearly quite disgusting
    If you think nudity and kissing is gross I guess you don't like porn. Or your own body for that matter.

and don't please people.
    Slavery pleased most people, does that make it ok?

Just because YOU find it OK doesn't mean somebody else doesn't feel immensely repulsed by two gays kissing and crotch grabbing.
    So if someone feels immensely repulsed by black people it's ok to go up to them and tell them to leave?

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,383 Posts
    The difference then was people married younger or procreated at a younger age because people died quicker. However they didn't actually fuck children and even then it was considered taboo, people in the middle east often married children but until they came of age to actually bare a child, it was acceptable to have sex with someone around the age of 13 and still is around many places in the world.

Except homosexuality is not caused by psychological effects.

Uhhh, yes it does...

Except pedophiles are not homo-sexually exclusive.

If a man has sex or molests a female child by your logic that makes it straight sex and therefore morally wrong.

38. Post #38
    June 2007
    8,517 Posts
    Except homosexuality is not caused by psychological effects.
    That's a bold statement. Where's your evidence?

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,383 Posts
    how the shit is it bold, its not. Major psychological associations can confirm its not a psychological effect.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

40. Post #40
    November 2007
    11,075 Posts
    Good job quoting a source which was extremely careful not to point to any one cause instead advocating both nature AND nurture.

Edited:

I'm not disgusted by pedophiles, but by those that have no self-control and become child molesters.

Being a pedophile is not some horrible disorder, no more than someone getting their rocks off to feet is.
    Nope still pretty disgusted by pedophiles.

If I told you I wanted to get pissed on by a girll that'd most likely be pretty disgusting to you and you have every right to think that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events