1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,216 Posts

YOUR ONE STOP TO TALK ABOUT AMERICAN FOOTBALL. TALK ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM OR TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPORT. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DISCUSS FOOTBALL (SOCCER) OR RUGBY!

It's fine to be competitive here, but this thread is NOT an excuse to shitpost about other teams, troll, flame, or otherwise be a fucking cunt. Got it? Good.

Old thread closed, it's Super Bowl gameday and there's no discussion going on. I have no idea how to layout this OP as sexy as the last one was, so bear with me.

[release]American Football, a sport created and popularized in America, remains the #1 sport in America since 1920. Most other country's do not play it nationally, and the sport get's dogged on most due to both it's name and it's use of pads (more on that later).[/release]
    [release]How The Game Is Played
    The game is played with 2 teams going against each other. One team is on Offence and one team is on Defense. A coin flip at the beginning of the game decides who get's the ball first, and who get's it at the 3rd period.

The goal is to have the most point after four 15-minute quarters. The offence's job is to score points in any way possible, and the defense's goals is to stop the offence from doing so. The offence has four tries to move the ball 10 yards. At 4th down, they can punt (Kick it to other team for them to go on offence wherever the ball is kicked), field goal it (Attempt to kick it for 3 points. If they fail, the other teams get's the ball where they kicked it from), or go for it (If they don't get it, the other team get's the ball wherever the ball is)

Scoring Chart
    Touchdown - 6 points
    PaT (Point after Touchdown) - 1 point
    Field Goal - 3
    Safety (Tackling someone in their own touchdown, the tackling team get's the points AND the ball. This is a rare occurrence) - 2[/release]
    [release]History
    In 1920 representatives of several professional American football leagues and independent teams founded the American Professional Football Conference, soon renamed the National Football League. The first official championship game was held in 1933. By 1958, when that season's NFL championship game became known as "The Greatest Game Ever Played", the NFL was on its way to becoming one of the most popular sports leagues in the United States. The merger with the American Football League, agreed to in 1966 and completed in 1970, greatly expanded the league and created the Super Bowl, which has become the most-watched annual sporting event in the United States.[/release]

[release]Teams (would you believe there is not ONE image with just a list of team names on Google Images?)
    [/release]

TODAY IS SUPER BOWL 46 - New York Giants vs. New England Patriots - 6:30EST

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,310 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 34Agree Agree x 23Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    940 Posts
    Patriots! Woot! Woot!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2009
    2,032 Posts
    Fuck the patriots and fuck Billy Cundiff!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2010
    3,906 Posts

lets do this

Edited:

i'd replace this picture with one that makes more sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2008
    6,420 Posts
    uhhh nope

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 28Disagree Disagree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    104 Posts
    stuperbowl XLVI: boring uninspired matchup

my pick: ny rangers beat boston bruins 5-3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #8
    January 2010
    654 Posts
    I don't like either team, but I fucking HATE Eli Manning so Patriots it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    gunning for Giants because I'm still bitter about Patriots destroying Broncos in their last game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2010
    3,906 Posts
    I don't like either team, but I fucking HATE Eli Manning so Patriots it is.
    how can you hate eli manning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    Don't like either teams, but fuck the Patriots.

Go Giants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    October 2010
    10,385 Posts
    Go Patriots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2010
    654 Posts
    Idk its probably cause Tony Romo is not a solid quarterback and Cowboys are my team, making the Giants our rivals. Well Eli is just on a roll I guess, the Giants can almost catch everything with either single,double and maybe even triple coverage so this game is going to be interesting nevertheless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,065 Posts
    Giants all day!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,972 Posts
    My liver is going to be destroyed in 5 hours time. But anyway FOOTBAWL! Lets go patriots!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

16. Post #16
    Starpluck? More like StarFUCK!!
    September 2008
    11,310 Posts
    Pregame coverage. whenever it starts working
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    2,121 Posts
    Who needs the super bowl. I'll just be watching the super extreme puppy bowl on Animal Planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    It's being aired live here in Norway, but as they won't show the cool American commercials I probably won't watch it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

19. Post #19
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I completely forgot about the commercials. I can not wait for them, since my team's not playing. I'll just be playing Xbox and tuning in on my other TV in the background.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    832 Posts
    This day should be a holiday tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,216 Posts

22. Post #22
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,572 Posts
    VS

WHO GOT THIS SHIT?

I'm rooting for Giants all the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,216 Posts
    snipped because of merged threads

24. Post #24
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,460 Posts
    SPORTS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2011
    636 Posts
    Bah, I hate both teams. oh well, time to go get hammered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

26. Post #26
    Gold Member

November 2007
    4,572 Posts
    welp shit, didnt see that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,460 Posts
    welp shit, didnt see that.
    Hope is not lost, lemme whip out some magic here. gemme a sec

Edited:

there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,413 Posts
    gunning for Giants because I'm still bitter about Patriots destroying Broncos in their last game
    Didn't the Broncos destroy themselves with that field goal attempt?

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,216 Posts

Edited:

there
    well done crapt i didn't even know you could do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    October 2011
    636 Posts

Edited:

there
    Yea that was the most amazing thing I've seen on facepunch!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    883 Posts
    Am I the only one that really despises Brady? Best thing to happen to the NFL, my ass...

32. Post #32
    August 2008
    227 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,151 Posts
    SuperBowl is in my state this year wooo! lets go Giants! also im a Colts fan.

34. Post #34
    I don't wanna Dang ol' yo.
    September 2009
    9,267 Posts
    Fuck giants. Fuck patriots. Why 49ers. WHY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    Should be the Ravens playing tonight versus the Giants. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,484 Posts
    Ravens must be avenged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,885 Posts
    i feel bad for the giants fans

theyre about to be really disappointed when the pats whoop their ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,151 Posts
    i feel bad for the giants fans

theyre about to be really disappointed when the pats whoop their ass
    kinda like the last super bowl they played in...oh wait. oh ok exactly like the last game they played against the giants.....oh...wait nvm

39. Post #39
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    yes... YES
    i want pizza but i'm trying to keep the weight down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,222 Posts
    Is the live stream not working for anyone else? I get "Access Denied, You don't have permission to access"

http://snfallaccess.nbcsports.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events