1. Post #1
    June 2008
    23 Posts
    ATTENTION: I have uploaded gm_treasurehunt 1.1 which fixes a number of issues. I urge everyone using the old map to download the updated version!

[release][h2]gm_treasurehunt[/h2]
    [tab]Name:[/tab] gm_treasurehunt

[tab]Author:[/tab] Karolis O.; Eversor

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1.1

[tab]Description:[/tab] A naval-themed map that consists of a large ocean, two ports (Spanish and pirate) and two islands.

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] Counter-Strike: Source

[tab]Download:[/tab]
    [tab](mirror)[/tab]http://www.gamebanana.com/gmod/maps/163455

Click to enlarge[/release]

This is my first publicly released map. Thanks to all the supporters and critics. Hope you enjoy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 12Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2006
    63 Posts
    Fantastic attention-to-detail in this map. The ports are charming and "rustic" - you'd want to play on this map literally just to gawk at everything.

Even the water looks impressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    J!m
    I Love Big Gay Dragons
    June 2009
    1,398 Posts
    looks good, the houses looks a bit overgrown though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

January 2012
    4 Posts
    Awesome map. I'll have to load it up sometime in Garry's Mod and check it out. The detail in the map looks to be pretty nice as mentioned above.

5. Post #5
    June 2008
    4,525 Posts
    I'm liking it. Definately worth a download, just off of looks.

6. Post #6
    draw me like one of your french grills
    July 2008
    3,241 Posts
    Looks extremely good and there was an obvious attention to detail.

Props to you good sir.

7. Post #7
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    It looks great and I'm definetley downloading it...but I'll be honest it feels like it's missing stuff. I feel like there should be more props.

I mean like little tented shops on the sides of the street, with barrels and crates and the like. Maybe some lightposts scattered about, that sort of thing. Do that and the map will be PERFECT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,953 Posts
    Finally! Something to deviant away from H2O with! Danke Karo.

9. Post #9
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,013 Posts
    You should upload this to toybox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2008
    23 Posts
    You should upload this to toybox.
    I tried but I get a 505 error message.

11. Post #11

July 2010
    5 Posts
    Sexy map is sexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    233 Posts
    First map? One of the best "first map" releases. Keep it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2011
    731 Posts
    This is absolutely drop dead GORGEOUS! It's just unbelievable! Blows rp_harbor2ocean right out of the water!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Another suggestion-A night version of this map would be the sex.

15. Post #15
    February 2010
    121 Posts
    a hidden cave with treasure would be great too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    February 2009
    267 Posts
    This looks absolutely awesome!!!

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    A review:

I'll start off by saying, this map is a-ma-zing, the attention spent to detail is just perfect. The ports really reflect the timescale they're set in, which is obviously a big pro. The island, though very detailed with some awesome textures, feels kinda empty, so I suggest adding something like a nice treasure cave there. The general detail is also very amazing, everything, ranging from the sky to the water, feels like it's had attention spent on it, which is very nice indeed. There are only a few cons I have to list, though:

1. There's water in the skybox beyond the port, which looks kinda bad. Maybe replace it by some land or something?

2. The ports feel quite empty. Although this isn't too big of a con, since the players can place props themselves, it'd be nice to have some more filled buildings.

3. The islands also feel quite empty, maybe add a sort of tunnel with treasures in it?

4. The rest of the sea aside of the islands feels kind of empty, maybe you could add some shipwrecks?

It's a nice map, but if the points I pointed out were to be fixed it'd be perfect. Remember though, that's just my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2008
    23 Posts
    A review:

I'll start off by saying, this map is a-ma-zing, the attention spent to detail is just perfect. The ports really reflect the timescale they're set in, which is obviously a big pro. The island, though very detailed with some awesome textures, feels kinda empty, so I suggest adding something like a nice treasure cave there. The general detail is also very amazing, everything, ranging from the sky to the water, feels like it's had attention spent on it, which is very nice indeed. There are only a few cons I have to list, though:

1. There's water in the skybox beyond the port, which looks kinda bad. Maybe replace it by some land or something?

2. The ports feel quite empty. Although this isn't too big of a con, since the players can place props themselves, it'd be nice to have some more filled buildings.

3. The islands also feel quite empty, maybe add a sort of tunnel with treasures in it?

4. The rest of the sea aside of the islands feels kind of empty, maybe you could add some shipwrecks?

It's a nice map, but if the points I pointed out were to be fixed it'd be perfect. Remember though, that's just my opinion.
    Thank you for your input! There are some thing that I should point out though. This was originally made for Garrysmod Naval Play gamemode which was centered around naval warfare of the 17th century. I did not want to clutter the place up with detail props because building space was essential. We wanted an open ocean feel to make navigation a bit more difficult.

ATTENTION: I have uploaded gm_treasurehunt 1.1 which fixes a number of issues. I urge everyone using the old map to download the updated version!

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    9,953 Posts
    Yay for updated version! Fixing ze bugs!

20. Post #20
    July 2011
    112 Posts
    Awesome map! I hope you keep making such great maps.

21. Post #21

June 2009
    1,526 Posts
    First map? One of the best "first map" releases. Keep it up.

Waitwaitwaitwait...

Did you say FIRST MAP?

WHAT?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,324 Posts
    Waitwaitwaitwait...

Did you say FIRST MAP?

WHAT?
    first publicly released not first map created, it takes time to learn enough to do such work

23. Post #23
    November 2011
    731 Posts
    For some reason when I play this map and try to duplicate something, Gmod crashes. Is it something on my end or is something wrong with the map?

24. Post #24
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,117 Posts
    For some reason when I play this map and try to duplicate something, Gmod crashes. Is it something on my end or is something wrong with the map?
    It's fine for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)