1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,356 Posts
    [h2]LuaCraft[/h2]

An attempt at bringing everyone's favorite scripting language aka. Lua to Minecraft.

[h2]Download[/h2]
    Client: LuaCraft Launcher
    Server: Server Updater

[h2]What is LuaCraft?[/h2]

LuaCraft is a project by a group of students who love Lua. Minecraft is overrun by people and we are aiming for a better modding experience!
    You can modify the game with Block, Entity, Player and other Objects that are controlled with Lua.

Who is this ''group'' of people?

LuaStoned Steam, Twitter
    BlackAwps Steam
    iRzilla Steam, Twitter
    Somepotato Steam

You can visit our Forum or you can meet us at IRC if you have ideas or suggestions!

IRC: irc.gamesurge.net/luacraft

[h2]Media[/h2]

LuaCraft:

Addons:

ESP:

Old Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiThS9WNw4Q
    Old Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J9XzrTLocQ

[h2]Can I help?[/h2]
    Yes. If you want to help out just PM me on the forums or leave a post down there.

If you are not into coding but still want to support this project:

[h2]Download[/h2]
    Client: LuaCraft Launcher
    Server: Server Updater

[h2]Addons[/h2]
    ESP: http://addons.luacraft.com/luastoned.esp.zip
    Paste this into .luacraft/addons/

Old thread: Lua for Minecraft

[h2]I hope you enjoy it! :D[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 68Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    630 Posts
    I love it. Great job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,015 Posts
    Coolio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    www.bff-hab.de
    Dennab
    February 2009
    7,832 Posts
    Cool, I will try it out. Is there any documentation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,015 Posts
    http://wiki.luacraft.com

Edited:

ESP is broken. Apparently there's an ent without GetHealth/MaxHealth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,356 Posts
    ESP is broken. Apparently there's an ent without GetHealth/MaxHealth
    Could you check it again? We fixed a small bug in the addon management code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    July 2009
    1,656 Posts
    Congrats on the new release guys!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    This is awesome. I think I might be having trouble with my addons, though. In the meantime, I'll just be dropping stuff in autorun. This whole thing has opened up a ton of possibilities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    I think I might be having trouble with my addons, though.
    Mind explaining what's wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

February 2012
    3 Posts
    I've been having the same issue, addons don't appear to be working for me. The only way they would work is if I dropped the script in lua/autorun, otherwise it wouldn't even load.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    Well, It seems as though they either work for a short time, (in the case of esp) or don't work at all.
    Also, I'm not sure if toggling is working correctly for them, or it's reversed. (Darker means it's selected, right?)

Edited:

Another bug: Just to mess around, I set it to add velocity upwards upon dropping an item. It works up until the player dies, at which point I believe the hook stops functioning as it should. I tried with different blocks as well. Saving and loading allowed it to work again, but again only until I died from falling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    Well, It seems as though they either work for a short time, (in the case of esp) or don't work at all.
    Also, I'm not sure if toggling is working correctly for them, or it's reversed. (Darker means it's selected, right?)
    The selected dark border actually means it's turned off at the moment, which will be changed soon. Also, the way addons work is that lua/init.lua is the file that will get auto loaded by the system. Autorun doesn't work in addons currently.

Another bug: Just to mess around, I set it to add velocity upwards upon dropping an item. It works up until the player dies, at which point I believe the hook stops functioning as it should. I tried with different blocks as well. Saving and loading allowed it to work again, but again only until I died from falling.
    Which hook exactly are you referring to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    The selected dark border actually means it's turned off at the moment, which will be changed soon. Also, the way addons work is that lua/init.lua is the file that will get auto loaded by the system. Autorun doesn't work in addons currently.

Which hook exactly are you referring to?
    Code:
    player.dropitem (Player:ply, Item:item)
    That one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Is it possible to merge this with bukkit? I don't think people will use this as much if they can't use their old plugins as well.

Edited:

Great work though I love it!

Edited:

Here's a dump of _G for anyone interested http://pastebin.com/dQBEAxGk

Edited:

Of the server that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,356 Posts
    I made a small mistake in the ESP that caused it to crash when an Item occured (IsAlive != IsLiving)
    Addons are currently loaded / enabled if they are NOT selected, we will change this to green/red in the next update. Sorry for the confusion there.

Code:
    player.dropitem (Player:ply, Item:item)
    That one.
    hook.Add("player.dropitem", "Player - Dropped Item", function(ply, itemStack)
    	print("player.dropitem", itemStack)
    end)

-- output:
    -- player.dropitem ItemStack [tile.sand][1]

Seems fine to me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Is there a way to reload an addon without restarting the server?

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,818 Posts
    Use the /reloadlua command to restart the Lua instance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,356 Posts
    I updated the wiki page about hooks. Added examples for everything!

http://wiki.luacraft.com/Hooks

Plus I made a debug addon that hooks everything possible: http://addons.luacraft.com/luastoned.debug.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    I made a small mistake in the ESP that caused it to crash when an Item occured (IsAlive != IsLiving)
    Addons are currently loaded / enabled if they are NOT selected, we will change this to green/red in the next update. Sorry for the confusion there.

hook.Add("player.dropitem", "Player - Dropped Item", function(ply, itemStack)
    	print("player.dropitem", itemStack)
    end)

-- output:
    -- player.dropitem ItemStack [tile.sand][1]

Seems fine to me?

It could have possibly been that the player it was referencing was no longer the player. The hook calls fine, but the arguments could be messed up. I will check this when I get home.

20. Post #20
    I gave enough money to buy a soda.
    May 2010
    1,411 Posts
    I cannot login, it just says "Login failed" and i cant play offline cause it has not loaded the game yet :/

Edited:

I seem to be able to login with my old password, since i recently got Cobalt so i had to migrate my account.

21. Post #21
    May 2010
    61 Posts
    Hmmm, I can't get to the wiki, and I can't download the client.. Maybe it's a problem on my side..

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,356 Posts
    Hmmm, I can't get to the wiki, and I can't download the client.. Maybe it's a problem on my side..
    I might have the default apache settings enabled, who can recommend good ones? (restarted in the meantime)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2010
    61 Posts
    I might have the default apache settings enabled, who can recommend good ones? (restarted in the meantime)
    It's working now, thank you. Also, I have a quick question, is there a way to like code in-game? For example, exploding a Sheep.. Not the best example, but it's all I can think of for now..

Edit:

Never mind, iRzilla helped me.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,924 Posts
    Just how powerful is this? Would be able to coding that hat coding add more BlockIDs? Like the 4096 BlockID mod?

25. Post #25
    @@
    January 2012
    138 Posts
    Just how powerful is this? Would be able to coding that hat coding add more BlockIDs? Liie the 4096 BlockID mod?
    That's planned... Eventually.

26. Post #26
    December 2009
    364 Posts
    I can imagine this being huge. Great job so far, and good luck for the future.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    It could have possibly been that the player it was referencing was no longer the player. The hook calls fine, but the arguments could be messed up. I will check this when I get home.
    Okay, so it seems the player in the hook is no longer the player I spawn as.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    Okay, so it seems the player in the hook is no longer the player I spawn as.
    Sounds like the same problem the server was having awhile ago. I'll have to look into it.

29. Post #29
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,705 Posts
    Loving the look of this. Wanna write an addon or two soon.

30. Post #30
    May 2010
    1,411 Posts
    ESP doesnt seem to work :/ Do i have to put the luastoned.esp.zip file as a zip file or normal file in the addons? I have it as zip now and have enabled it in the menu.

Edited:

Also, could you make it possible to toggle off the better grass mod thingie? I dont like how the grass looks.

Edited:

Still yet, falling sand and gravel are transparent from the bottom.

31. Post #31
    @@
    January 2012
    138 Posts
    -snip- addons now work. Make sure you're updated.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    Also, could you make it possible to toggle off the better grass mod thingie? I dont like how the grass looks.

Edited:

Still yet, falling sand and gravel are transparent from the bottom.
    I disabled better grass and fixed the falling sand/gravel not drawing the bottom face.

33. Post #33
    May 2010
    1,411 Posts
    -snip- addons now work. Make sure you're updated.
    I did try to update with the force update option, since it didnt say an update was available, and no updates were loaded. I did manage to get it to load the newest version by removing bin from .luacraft but still its the same version.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I like better grass :c

35. Post #35
    May 2010
    1,411 Posts
    I like better grass :c
    Thats why there should be an option to toggle it on and off.

36. Post #36

January 2012
    6 Posts
    Awesome! But bad thing ESP didnt work :[

37. Post #37
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,411 Posts
    I'm not so good with lua
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

38. Post #38
    July 2009
    1,656 Posts
    Can someone please fill the Surface library? I'd be thankful

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    surface.CreateFont( "texture.png" ) returns a Font meta object
    Font:DrawText( text, x, y )
    Font:DrawTextShadow( text, x, y )
    Font:DrawTextWrapped( text, x, y, maxWidth )
    Font:GetTextSize( text ) returns width, height
    surface.SetFont( fontobg )
    surface.GetFont() returns the current working font
    surface.GetTextureID( "texture.png" ) returns a texture ID
    surface.SetTexture( textureID )
    surface.GetTextureSize( "texture.png" ) returns width, height
    surface.DrawTexturedRect( x, y, width, height )
    surface.DrawTexturedRectUV( x, y, width, height, u, v )
    surface.SetDrawColor( r, g, b, a )
    surface.SetDrawColor( Color )
    surface.GetDrawColor() returns the current set draw color as a color object
    surface.DrawRect( x, y, width, height )
    surface.DrawGradientRect( x, y, width, height, Color:fadeto )
    surface.DrawText( x, y, Boolean:drawshadow )

Too lazy to fill out the wiki.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2009
    1,656 Posts
    Thanks! Wheres the default directory for images?