1. Post #1
    December 2009
    7,972 Posts
    Let's continue this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts

my new "attainable" dream car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,840 Posts
    Of course this:

But also this actually:

Because it looks quite like the original unlike alot of failed remakes of classic cars and it doesn't try to be a sporty version of something that was never meant to be sporty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2008
    266 Posts
    I always liked the look of the S class.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2010
    11,286 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 35Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2009
    446 Posts

I don't know what the hell that is, but damn it looks kinda cute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    I like it because it was in NFS3. Also, it's an Alfa Romeo Schigera, or sometimes called an italdesign schigera.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    One of those cars that look really bulky / odd but still awesome.

It's like that chubby chick that you still find sort of attractive. Shame it never went into production.

Edited:

my new "attainable" dream car
    My classmate has a regular one. They placed the stick so far front that it feels like driving a van. Also, i'm kind of short and the car still felt too small for me. My knee was constantly touching something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    One of those cars that look really bulky / odd but still awesome.

It's like that chubby chick that you still find sort of attractive. Shame it never went into production.

Edited:

My classmate has a regular one. They placed the stick so far front that it feels like driving a van. Also, i'm kind of short and the car still felt too small for me. My knee was constantly touching something.
    I'm ~5'9" and the Abarth I sat in at the auto show I went to was almost perfect. The stick was in a great position for my arms and the pedals felt awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    Full of want

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,432 Posts
    Full of want

I got to watch a few race around Virginia International Raceway for a couple minutes.

They go like karts, sound like Civics, and look like modern art.

Good modern art, I mean..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    Yeah, I see them as the ultimate street legal cart. What drivetrain was in the one you drove?

Edit: Just realized I read the post as you drove one for a few minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,432 Posts
    Yeah, I see them as the ultimate street legal cart. What drivetrain was in the one you drove?

Edit: Just realized I read the post as you drove one for a few minutes.
    I didn't get to drive in one, but from what I could hear, they sounded like supercharged Honda VTEC's.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    Well all of them had a Vtec engine of sort, but weather it was the R spec B-series or the newer K powered ones. It's a shame it's not easier to put the F20 in one, I'm not personally partial to the K series for a list of reasons.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,432 Posts
    Well all of them had a Vtec engine of sort, but weather it was the R spec B-series or the newer K powered ones.
    I couldn't tell.

16. Post #16
    October 2010
    11,286 Posts
    Full of want

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    7,972 Posts
    Pagani Huayra

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree x 15Disagree x 5Artistic x 3Funny x 1Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Well all of them had a Vtec engine of sort, but weather it was the R spec B-series or the newer K powered ones. It's a shame it's not easier to put the F20 in one, I'm not personally partial to the K series for a list of reasons.
    No Atom was powered by a B series, they're all K20 powered, and supercharged or naturally aspirated by choice. Well, then there's the V8 ones... But really they're kind of a different car.

I'm also no big fan of the K series. Ever since some large black guy came up to me when I was changing an intake manifold for my friend (who was at work in the Wal-mart TLE at the time, so I was in a parking lot) on his D16Y8, asked me what I drove, pointed to my boosted CRX sitting a couple spaces over. He told me we were "pussies" and we needed to "step up" and that he had 3 K powered EKs.

I could give two fucks. My little light-ass turbo D15 CRX could probably have walked all over his stock K series EK, and I had ~$600 total in the car at the time (including buying it, basically). It's not that the K series isn't a good platform, it's just that B series can make as much power (F/H series, even) and D can get pretty close, for nowhere near the money you'd spend on just getting a K swapped into anything pre-2001.

/rant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #19
    May 2009
    2,769 Posts

mhm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    As well as the new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    No Atom was powered by a B series, they're all K20 powered, and supercharged or naturally aspirated by choice. Well, then there's the V8 ones... But really they're kind of a different car.

I'm also no big fan of the K series. Ever since some large black guy came up to me when I was changing an intake manifold for my friend (who was at work in the Wal-mart TLE at the time, so I was in a parking lot) on his D16Y8, asked me what I drove, pointed to my boosted CRX sitting a couple spaces over. He told me we were "pussies" and we needed to "step up" and that he had 3 K powered EKs.

I could give two fucks. My little light-ass turbo D15 CRX could probably have walked all over his stock K series EK, and I had ~$600 total in the car at the time (including buying it, basically). It's not that the K series isn't a good platform, it's just that B series can make as much power (F/H series, even) and D can get pretty close, for nowhere near the money you'd spend on just getting a K swapped into anything pre-2001.

/rant
    I could have sworn the older ones had the B18C before they went to the K series.

Don't look at me as a lover of the K, I'm far from it. I've had a few built D-series and honestly would not buy a B just because everyone seems to think you need two cams to be fast. While my next engine in the toy car will be a single cam as well it will be over 2 liters, its big block time.

I've have blown the doors off many k powered hondas with my lil baby D and in my days as a EMS tuner I see the potential in all engines not just what the media or popular crowd tells me is cool.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    As well as the new one.
    I prefer the newer ones. The late 90's to mid 00's look like that weird science teacher who wears Ray ban sun glasses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts

or

Not a fan of the later years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    737 Posts
    Miata FTW

As for looks:

(digital rendering, but w/e)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    Going a little old school

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Compared to the older generation, this new one is fantastic:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,124 Posts
    Man what I would do to have a car like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 17Disagree x 2Useful x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,593 Posts

Us Versus Them truck.

My Coworker is cousins with the owner of the brand.

Pretty cool, I get lots of free merch, and it made me want my own 50's car / truck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I could have sworn the older ones had the B18C before they went to the K series.

Don't look at me as a lover of the K, I'm far from it. I've had a few built D-series and honestly would not buy a B just because everyone seems to think you need two cams to be fast. While my next engine in the toy car will be a single cam as well it will be over 2 liters, its big block time.

I've have blown the doors off many k powered hondas with my lil baby D and in my days as a EMS tuner I see the potential in all engines not just what the media or popular crowd tells me is cool.
    It's been K20 all the way. They borrow the drivetrain from the DC5 Honda Integra (Acura RSX).

I'd own a B series, not because "everyone thinks you need two cams to go fast", but because there ARE limits to the D platform, namely the cylinder wall thickness, poor headflow, and 10mm head studs. B series gives you thicker cylinders, far better head selection, 11mm bolts (or studs, really), and the advantage of being able to degree timing for each camshaft. All of this helps when you're going for big numbers. The advantages the B series has over D series is why you can find B series engines in the 600hp+ range a lot more than D series. I've seen a lot of D's hit 600, 650, and even one to 800 but the longest one I know of lasted a total of 12 races (It was built by.... some speed shop owner that frequents d-series.org).

Anywho, if I wanted two cams for the sake of having two cams, I know what I'd be going for:

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    I have thousands of posts on D-series.org and have been tuning cars for years and while I agree with some of your points there are a few that would only matter on a stock engine. Cam timing for instance, if you have the right custom grind from the start you would not really need to do a lot of cam degree adjustment and I could argue that cylinder wall thickness isn't even really a problem if you are not experiencing detonation. The B series may have it's slight advantages but there are plenty of easy workarounds to get a D or other engine into the power range your after. Besides, anything over 350 in a FWD is about useless on the streets.

I guess I just got sick of all the local ricer trash constantly spouting off false info like "More cams = more power" so I enjoy rocking the single cams. Next build however I'm going big block, non-vtec, single cam :D and its also one of the best flowing heads honda made can you guess which?

Also I do have much love for a b20 and would buy one in a heartbeat if some B series parts were not so expensive. A decent tranny for instance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,167 Posts
    This one, 73' Ford Mustang Mach 1

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 14Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Cylinder wall thickness is always a problem under high boost! This, coupled with the smaller diameter head studs that the D series is stuck with, is the crippling flaw in the D series block. WHo knows, maybe Dart could make someone a nice 12mm threaded block with some good sleeves for the right money, but it'd probably cost a lot. And degreeing cams is something anyone (including those who get regrinds/aftermarket cams) to get optimal valve timing for their tune. It's easier to separate exhaust and intake valve timing using seperate cams than it is with a single cam running both ends (Mind you, this makes hardly ANY difference, we're talking fractions of a degree at best). And I'm not talking street, who cares about street driveability when you're dumping thousands into a race engine.

I do hate it when people do swaps just for the sake of swapping though... Cool, you spent $1500 on a motor and tranny (Which is usually what complete notec LS swaps go for here) and then another $250 for mounts and a linkage and you're making maybe 20 more horsepower than a D with bolt-ons!

One of the best flowing heads Honda ever made? I'd have to instantly throw F22A1 out there. THough any F22Ax head is identical, with the F22A6 having the best cam of them all (But if it's any kind of build I'm sure you would go with a regrind).

B20 is my favorite B series as well. Two liters of displacement, no useless VTEC and loads of torque. It does suck that B trannies are expensive, luckily I'm mostly an EF guy and people toss cable trannies all the time so they can be had cheap (when people actually go to get rid of them). I wouldn't bother with it though, unless I stumbled across a full swap REALLY cheap.

Personally my favorite D series setups though are D16Z6/D16A6 block, PM3 pistons, Z6/A6 rods, D16Y7 head, D16Z6 intake manifold for N/A (Really high compression, depending on head gasket thickness you can squeeze it up to ~11.7:1), and D16Z6/D16A6 block, Eagle H beams, P28 pistons (Fuck vitaras, P28s are fine!), D16Y7 head or D15Bx/D16A6 head (Y7 for ~9.5:1, the other head will net something between 8.5 and 9), Z6 intake manifold, and then the usual block guard + ARP studs for boost. Nothing special in either setup, I have my reasons for going with the bits I choose.

Anyways, this is getting a bit long, so uh, fuck yes single cams, DOHC is for pussies, and uh... K series sucks ass and is for rich-ass fags.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    I think I love you, no homo, but that was much more than I expected from a non car specific forum member. You hit a lot of good points on the head there. You familiar with the vitaras with the custom length I beams? much better for a street machine than the H beams IMO.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I have heard of them and I've seen them pushed to some pretty high limits for street use, they're definitely a lot lighter on the rotating mass than the H beams and hold up well at high RPM but the vitaras are just bad about slight slap in 75mm trim, if I was going for a street setup with vitaras I would definitely go 75.5mm.

And thanks, the only reason I am on Facepunch at all actually is the AA forum. I have a total of 4 posts that are not in this section. 2,580 of my posts have been right here in this subforum.

Cars are pretty much my life. It's all my dad could teach me and I really hated it as a child, but when I got into it, it all really sank in and I've taken it from there to where I am now.

It helps when you own an auto shop too, lots of hands on experience if you haven't run across a certain thing on a particular engine before. Also very annoying if the customer thinks you are wrong. You, the one they took their vehicle to work on in the first place. *shrug*

Now that you love me and shit can I have those fucking HX wheels? ;)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Tw34k, are you a chick? If so, you and Bradley can have little babies and stuff. Teach them the ways of the engine.

Feed them out of bottles converted from shaved out cylinders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2009
    7,972 Posts

NASCAR 2013 Ford Fusion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts

Hnnng
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,226 Posts
    Not a car, but I went and saw this in person today. Just shy of 2100 cc's, twin superchargers. Looks awesome, hoping I can find a video of it.

[sub][sub]not my picture[/sub][/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Tw34k, are you a chick? If so, you and Bradley can have little babies and stuff. Teach them the ways of the engine.

Feed them out of bottles converted from shaved out cylinders.
    I'd hit it. If he was a girl.

But he's not.

:C

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    673 Posts
    You can find a video of me driving in the general thread, I even ask the cameraman if he is ready so you'll be able to hear my soft as velvet voice.

Back on topic

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)