June 2008
    7,410 Posts
    [release]
    [TABLE="width: 100, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Tribes: Ascend is a free-to-play multiplayer-only first-person shooter part of the Tribes franchise. It is currently being developed by Hi-Rez Studios and was announced on March 11, 2011 at PAX East with an expected release in early 2012. It will be available as a digital download for Microsoft Windows, though Hi-Rez Studios haven't ruled out the possibility of an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 release in the future. Iconic aspects from previous Tribes games such as jetpacks and skiing will be featured in the game.

As of 22/2/12 the game is now in OPEN BETA, anyone can sign up and play at the Official Site
    [/release]

[release][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][h2]Gameplay[/h2]Skiing

The ability to ski and jetpack make Tribes: Ascend and the Tribes series so distinct. The two mechanics introduce many intricacies to the game. Skiing can be activated/toggled with the Space Bar and jetpacking used by pressing the RMB. Skiing doesn't have any negative effects on its user, whereas using a jetpack will drain your energy. Energy regenerates over time to a class specified capacity.

Loadouts

The game uses a freemium payment system where players pay to unlock classes via in-game earned Experience or purchased Tribes Gold. Currently a player can swap classes at will during respawn or at an inventory station. A number of upgrades and new weapons can then be earned using experience. The rate at which experience is earned can be increased by purchasing Boosters or VIP status. Experience is shared between classes, but upgrades are specific to each class, even on devices that multiple classes have access to. There are also two perk slots, each with 9 perks players can unlock and upgrade.

Classes
    Click an icon to learn more!
    [TABLE="width: 400"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Game modes and Maps

Currently, Hi-Rez is working on Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, and 5v5 Arena game modes.

Current maps are:
    -Arx Novena
    -Bella Omega
    -Crossfire
    -Drydock
    -Katabatic
    -Temple Ruins

Each map has CTF and TDM variants, with a seperate cycle for Arena mode.

Voice Game System

One of the most popular way to communicate in the game is through the VGS, a system of voice commands accessible through shortcut keys as used by games like Planetside, Unreal Tournament and the other Tribes games.

Don't let that menu fool you, the only important commands are VGS and VGTG   

[h2]Latest Patch[/h2]
    Version 0.1.865.0 - TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2012: Cloak and Dagger Update
    ● Three new weapons and two new skins have been added to the Infiltrator class. Watch the Cloak & Dagger Update Video for more:
    Jackal: The Jackal fires up to three rounds that stick to any surface, and are remote triggered for detonation.
    Throwing Knives: Throwing Knives deal impressive damage on a direct hit, and have a small splash damage radius.
    Smoke Grenade: Instantly vanish without waiting the normal reveal time from taking damage or firing a weapon.
    ● A new Arena map, Walled In, has been added to the Quick Play rotation.
    ● Several additional HUD features have been implemented, including:
    Flag status (who is carrying the flag and timer until flag reset).
    Friend Notifications when players come online/go offline.
    [h2]Links[/h2]Official Site and Registration
    Tribes: Ascend Community Wiki
    Unofficial Weapon Damage Stats
    Tribes: Ascend Facebook
    Hirez Official Forums

[h2]Troubleshooting[/h2]
    IF YOU HAVE A BLACK SCREEN/NO CURSOR CLICK THE GEARS ON THE LAUNCHER AND VERIFY YOUR GODDAMN FILES
    that is all
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][h2]Media[/h2]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/release]
    [release][h2]Featured Videos[/h2]
    Official Promo:
    When I'm going fast:
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 56Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,345 Posts
    This is a fun video game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree x 39Informative x 6Useful x 1Disagree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,546 Posts
    I was wondering who was gonna make the next thread, thanks Krail.

I don't think the mega patch is coming this week, maybe they'll drop some info though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,601 Posts
    I was wondering who was gonna make the next thread, thanks Krail.

I don't think the mega patch is coming this week, maybe they'll drop some info though.
    I've started playing in the last 2 days or so, what mega patch is this you speak of?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,546 Posts
    I've started playing in the last 2 days or so, what mega patch is this you speak of?
    Normally, Hi-Rez updates the game every week. The last patch was about 3 weeks ago and Hi-Rez can add in some good stuff in 1 week. They've been dropping hints about more maps, more class customization, more things to spend tokens on, new/improved main menu gui, and maybe more that they're not telling us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

August 2011
    836 Posts
    I'm not in the beta, mind telling me what this is about?

Why did they put that in the game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Any chance you could make the OP less mega-wide?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,410 Posts
    Any chance you could make the OP less mega-wide?
    I'm working on it

Anything else I should add?

Edited:

This is really hard to edit because advanced mode doesn't work for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    I'm working on it

Anything else I should add?

Edited:

This is really hard to edit because advanced mode doesn't work for some reason.
    Can't really think of anything besides community links and whatnot. AFAIK there's a Facepunch Tribes group but I'm not sure what name it goes by. Looking better though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,837 Posts
    So I got a beta key and trying to install the Hi-Rez Studios client but everytime it fails to start up the authenticate and update service and trying to start the service manually doesn't help and I can't find anything on google.

Can anyone help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #11
    December 2010
    2,499 Posts
    Do people even play Rabbit? I miss Team Hunters and the bountiful YARD SALES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #12
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Do people even play Rabbit? I miss Team Hunters and the bountiful YARD SALES
    Why would I play a game mode where I can't cap the flag?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2010
    1,559 Posts
    Why did they put that in the game?

Because it wouldn't be Tribes without it.

Also, updating the game, haven't played in ages, I heard classes are cheaper and there are new maps. Fuck yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,435 Posts
    Im so playing this. If this is anything like the bunnyhopping/surf mods in TF2, this will be fun as fuck.

15. Post #15
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,064 Posts
    i just got a beta key for this game and i got a question is this game fun and are the graphics awesome on high settings?

16. Post #16
    i just got a beta key for this game and i got a question is this game fun and are the graphics awesome on high settings?
    I don't like the graphics on High settings to be honest.

They're too bright and shiny for my liking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #17
    October 2008
    4,064 Posts
    I don't like the graphics on High settings to be honest.

They're too bright and shiny for my liking
    i see and will this game work on Windows 7 64Bit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2010
    1,559 Posts
    Nope, won't update, downloaded a new launcher and game updates via the old launcher, but the new launcher won't work at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,051 Posts
    gotta

go

fast

pathfinder is my favorite class ever because if im getting owned left and right i can just skate around the map for ten minutes and still have fun even though i die if i even look at someone else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,410 Posts
    i see and will this game work on Windows 7 64Bit?
    I have a key if you want one.

If you don't then it's up for grabs I suppose

21. Post #21
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,435 Posts
    I have a key if you want one.

If you don't then it's up for grabs I suppose
    Can I please have it?

He already has one;
    i just got a beta key for this game

22. Post #22
    October 2008
    4,064 Posts
    Seems to work great for me on Windows 7 64Bit.

23. Post #23

August 2011
    836 Posts
    How much of a pay2win game is this? I see there is a store where you buy classes which puts me off a bit. But is it still fun without having to spend money that way?

24. Post #24
    How much of a pay2win game is this? I see there is a store where you buy classes which puts me off a bit. But is it still fun without having to spend money that way?
    This game is not pay to win at all, the classes are pretty balanced. (Althought they do take a long time to get later on)

If you're going to buy VIP don't just do it for the classes that you'll be able to unlock (You might find you prefer the solider/ranger to any other) do it to support the developers

Edited:

If you've ever played a game like League of Legends, imagine that system but with less classes

25. Post #25

August 2011
    836 Posts
    This game is not pay to win at all, the classes are pretty balanced. (Althought they do take a long time to get later on)

If you're going to buy VIP don't just do it for the classes that you'll be able to unlock (You might find you prefer the solider/ranger to any other) do it to support the developers

Edited:

If you've ever played a game like League of Legends, imagine that system but with less classes
    Can you unlock the classes by doing stuff in game? Such as hitting a milestone, or an xp system kind of like Battlefield 3?

26. Post #26
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    It feels p2w until you earn enough tokens to buy Juggernaut (if you enjoy camping generators) or Pathfinder (if you enjoy going fast), then it's fun as fuck.

Edited:

Can you unlock the classes by doing stuff in game? Such as hitting a milestone, or an xp system kind of like Battlefield 3?
    Yes. There's nothing you can buy that you can't get for free, the free route just takes a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27

August 2011
    836 Posts
    It feels p2w until you earn enough tokens to buy Juggernaut (if you enjoy camping generators) or Pathfinder (if you enjoy going fast), then it's fun as fuck.

Edited:

Yes. There's nothing you can buy that you can't get for free, the free route just takes a while.
    That sounds great, will the game be free to play once it comes out, or is this only for the beta?

Edited:

Also, there is something about this that reminds me of the original Halo MP, only bigger maps and more Shazbots.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,410 Posts
    He already has one;
    derp I misread that pretty badly sure thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    That sounds great, will the game be free to play once it comes out, or is this only for the beta?

Edited:

Also, there is something about this that reminds me of the original Halo MP, only bigger maps and more Shazbots.
    It'll be F2P forever AFAIK, and your beta stats and unlocks will even carry over to the full game.

30. Post #30

August 2011
    836 Posts
    It'll be F2P forever AFAIK, and your beta stats and unlocks will even carry over to the full game.
    Cool, now I just need to wait for a beta code/full game to release so I can play!

Which ever comes first.

31. Post #31
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    Cool, now I just need to wait for a beta code/full game to release so I can play!

Which ever comes first.
    If you "like" their page on Facebook you'll get a key.

Edited:

Hell, I've got one from Facebook right here, grab it while it's hot:

FB33057F04F5D440318662A66

32. Post #32
    November 2008
    2,433 Posts
    I am the great- shazbot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #33

August 2011
    836 Posts
    If you "like" their page on Facebook you'll get a key.

Edited:

Hell, I've got one from Facebook right here, grab it while it's hot:

FB33057F04F5D440318662A66
    Already gone, and I dont have a facebook account. Guess I better make one.

Edited:

Hmmm, it appears my email account has been banned, joy.

34. Post #34
    July 2010
    1,559 Posts
    ^Ill get you key, hang on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,837 Posts
    If you need a key just go to http://www.fileplay.net/keys and make an account and you will get a key after clicking "Request your Key!"

But this stupid god damn service still wont start for that hi-rez studio installer and I have tried every fix on the forums and just opened a ticket but if anyone knows how I can fix this I would appreciate it.

36. Post #36
    July 2010
    1,559 Posts
    Okay, sent your key, have fun man.

Also "Tribes Ascend is waiting for server - 122mb remaining" No, fuck you. I WANT GO FAST.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

August 2011
    836 Posts
    Okay, sent your key, have fun man.

Also "Tribes Ascend is waiting for server - 122mb remaining" No, fuck you. I WANT GO FAST.
    You sir, are a god amongst Shazbots.

Edited:

Just had my first win, I had an explosives killing spree and upgraded the shield generator several times, this game kicks ass. I was going so fast.

38. Post #38
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,600 Posts
    What is the story behind SHAZBOT

39. Post #39
    wug
    Tumornator 2: Judgement Day
    June 2010
    2,724 Posts
    If you need a key just go to http://www.fileplay.net/keys and make an account and you will get a key after clicking "Request your Key!"

But this stupid god damn service still wont start for that hi-rez studio installer and I have tried every fix on the forums and just opened a ticket but if anyone knows how I can fix this I would appreciate it.
    Holy shit, i won't forget this site. It will be cool when betas come out and i can just go there and swipe a key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

40. Post #40

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    sexy op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)