Sacrifice Comic: Honestly where the hell were you if you haven't read this

Then suddenly, wallpapers.
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/left4dead2wallpaper.jpg
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/left4dead2wallpaper_2.jpg
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/left4deadwallpaper.jpg
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/left4deadwallpaper_2.jpg
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/left4deadwallpaper_3.jpg

[sub]stolen and then edited from Left4Meds[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 7Dumb x 6Informative x 1Useful x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,274 Posts
    So, who else finds it extremely sad that this game is so unpopular on Facepunch these days that we literally had to wait for Garry to do his monthly thread wipe to get to a v2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2011
    1,894 Posts
    So, who else finds it extremely sad that this game is so unpopular on Facepunch these days that we literally had to wait for Garry to do his monthly thread wipe to get to a v2?
    To be honest, until a sequel is made I can't see the game's community increasing at all. It's very fun, but mainly with friends and playing the same campaigns can get old quickly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,313 Posts
    yes, and enough so that I had to actually get rid of links in the useful links area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2010
    11,652 Posts
    I just fucking want some sort of major update for L4D2, anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,313 Posts
    Hey, I was OP for V2 of the L4D thread. Don't make a megathread without asking next time.
    it's just a thread. (made two hours after the original closed)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

9. Post #9
    September 2010
    1,020 Posts
    The problem with left 4 dead is its players. It takes me fing forever to get into a decent lobby. Every lobby I join is stacked, 4 survivors all on each others friends list. If not private profiles. I'd like valve to go out there and say private profiles make you look like a coward. It's really rare to find a private profile used for a good purpose. 99% it seems they either stack, hack, scam or troll. If I see a private profile in a lobby, I leave because it won't turn out well. The other thing I hate is how I'll join the team that the first three guys are on with fourth guy being random. When they go to start the game, they kick me and then they have their pubstomp team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,438 Posts
    I made a special Left 4 Facepunch logo for Facepunch

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    lol the banner i made for V2 had a variation of that. But yours is better, good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    11,643 Posts
    This thread'll go places, I tell ya!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,313 Posts
    I made a special Left 4 Facepunch logo for Facepunch

put it in the op.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry [GRiM] I didn't see your post about you being the OP for the second megathread. I see it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,033 Posts
    The problem with L4D2 now is that Valve really seems to scraping the bottom of the barrel now. First porting all the L4D1 campaigns in an attempt to keep things fresh, making Cold Stream for the purpose of allowing the public to suggest ideas to be included within the campaign, hired an overrated mapper who completely threw that concept out of the window, and generally ended up with a bad campaign perpetually stuck in beta, Valve having to fix the mess said mapper left, with the only other notable update being the L4D1 ports.

It kind of seems now that the only two options left is to either make a new, large update or just let the game die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    It kind of seems now that the only two options left is to either make a new, large update or just let the game die.
    I think valve's doing the later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2010
    11,652 Posts
    Just make a L4D3 already

and give it hats, anything to make it more profitable to Valve so that they pay attention to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,066 Posts
    Just make a L4D3 already

and give it hats, anything to make it more profitable to Valve so that they pay attention to it
    If you're going to give it hats, make it somewhat fitting to the theme. I don't want it to go down TF2 route. Eg. Pyro is 'crazy and randum', lets give him silly hats like a traffic cone or a birdcage.

I can't imagine the L4D survivors actaully wearing hats though; what would they wear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2010
    11,652 Posts
    If you're going to give it hats, make it somewhat fitting to the theme. I don't want it to go down TF2 route. Eg. Pyro is 'crazy and randum', lets give him silly hats like a traffic cone or a birdcage.

I can't imagine the L4D survivors actaully wearing hats though; what would they wear?
    I don't know, what I meant was that I don't mind Valve adding in stuff like microtransactions if L4D actually would get some much needed attention
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2011
    1,894 Posts
    Just make a L4D3 already

Assuming we see a new Half-Life title before L4D3, I'd welcome a new sequel. Seeing how it would be at least three years from the last game, it shouldn't cause as much controversy as 2 did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    you people are discussing the actual game too much. where is my horrifying slashfic fanart that was drawn by fat manchildren living in their mothers' basements, or my unfunny comic strips about the game that lack any sense of pacing and contain nothing but old jokes and running gags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,519 Posts
    I suppose you can called the locked version... Left 4 Thread.

That was horrible, I'm so sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 6Dumb x 4Zing x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,791 Posts
    Yeah? I'm sorry I wasn't waiting infront of my computer screen for V1 to be closed. Like I said, ask next time. Also, a half a page before V1 ended I even said I'm OP for V2. You need to read.

Edited:

Also you made an effortless copy and paste OP.
    What a stupid trivial thing to complain about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    October 2010
    11,652 Posts
    you people are discussing the actual game too much. where is my horrifying slashfic fanart that was drawn by a fat manchildren living in their mothers' basements, or my unfunny comic strips about the game that lack any sense of pacing and contain nothing but old jokes and running gags.
    Yeah, I need more gmod videos too

how else can I get my daily intake of "pills here" jokes?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,438 Posts

Selling Bill's Hat 20$
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    6,298 Posts
    I gave up on the standard gameplay long ago. Especially versus.

although nowadays I'm having a blast playing lastmanonearth and 2man co-op.

or rather, 2woman co-op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,066 Posts
    I can't play VS because my game suddenly has decided to load slow in between maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,550 Posts
    I can't play VS because my game suddenly has decided to load slow in between maps.
    my game does this on any gamemode
    the only solution seemed to be to lowering my settings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,313 Posts

I wonder how this guy would have played if he made it in the game. And yes, this was real concept art for L4D2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 3Late Late x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    Weirdly reminds me of something out of the movie Slither. Not quite Resident Evil silly, but still seems a bit too silly for L4D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #30
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    One quick trip through the bowels of DeviantArt later...

and this for some reason...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    October 2010
    11,652 Posts
    I only liked the Coach one, the Zoey and Ellis one is pretty good quality but it's too overused and generic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    Would be cool if Valve and Tripwire teamed up and made a L4D / Killing Floor cross-over game.

mite b cool

Oh and a kart racing game with Valve characters too but that's not relevant to this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,033 Posts

To be honest, there's not much to go on when it comes to making hats for the Pyro. While all the other classes have distinct enough personalities, the only word I could best describe the Pyro with would be "Maniac", thus why there's not much of a theme going on with his stuff.

I wonder how this guy would have played if he made it in the game. And yes, this was real concept art for L4D2.
    I'm guessing the rats would work as sort of a distraction by swarming over the player, dealing minimum damage, giving other Infected a chance to attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2009
    9,449 Posts
    I wish Valve would add unlockables to the game. For instance different Special Infected Skins or different gun skins for survivors. It would add something to the game and I think the community would actually create some skins and models for Valve to approve. Just lik TF2 but less silly and more fitting with the Left 4 Dead Theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,033 Posts
    -my automerge no-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,825 Posts
    Would be cool if Valve and Tripwire teamed up and made a L4D / Killing Floor cross-over game.

mite b cool

Oh and a kart racing game with Valve characters too but that's not relevant to this thread
    DO IT VALVE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Late Late x 5Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,805 Posts
    DO IT VALVE
    Uploaded by MarphitimusBlackimus on Feb 6, 2010
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative x 4Useful x 4Optimistic x 2Zing x 2Dumb x 2Winner x 2Funny x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Agree x 1Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,174 Posts
    It would be interesting to see a L4D with a clearer story arch with characters other than the survivors. Like a prequel to L4D1. I'd also love an RPG environment where you made your own character's appearance, and then went around looking for supplies and places to hold out while doing tasks. I guess I'm describing Dead Island, but I enjoy L4D's gameplay a bit more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    September 2009
    6,048 Posts
    What I can think of is two different things for the current Left 4 Dead 2;

- Create a new campaign / story that summarizes or goes over what happens to the second set of survivors. Considering the military is likely to shoot or kill any 'carriers', they might be in a serious situation that involves escape unless Valve just out-and-out decides they all got executed.

- Open up the customization for the second (and possibly first) game, so that it's more easily moddable and that it isn't an utter, annoying pile of bullshit you have to work through to create new content yourself. If one could get the modding scene active again with things made easier to mod, it could help save the game a little at least.

Problem is, I don't see any real ways of keeping the second game for going on much longer. With the emphasis on Versus and the weekly mutations being rather crummy, I think Valve didn't really think this one through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,901 Posts
    They should make a Left 4 Dead game, but, like, in soldiers' perspective.

I made a boxart of it once, but it's long gone now and it had a helmet-like-distorted style with a hint of Adrian Shepard on the cover.

I thought it looked pretty cool I called it "Right 2 Life".

Like a double entendre.

Make it hella in-depth in everything too. Like, a Dead Rising but in first person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)