The spruces in the backgorund I made myself, other trees are stock ones in L4D2.
Anyone know the best way to get a dome shape in hammer?
Make a model.
Inside or outside facing dome? Or both?
If you want to make a dome by your self then what you do is,
1. Make a sphere that is the same size as the dome you are trying to make and position it where your dome is going to be.
2. Make an arch that has the same diameter as the largest portion of your sphere.
3. look at the side view and make the height the same as the first segment of the sphere.
4. duplicate and repeat until you are at the top of the sphere.
5. for the final segment use a spike.
6. select the vertices and alt-e and scale them to fit the sphere. do this all the way and you are done!
Motherfuckin textures mayun:
Found your reference pic:
Looks a bit small tho
the bow is pretty small yeah.
So I made a table out of brushes with the arch tool, for my dispatcher room, func_detail'ed it but now.. I'm not sure what's the best way to approach texturing this. Any suggestions?
More work: Made the mountains texture look less tiled
i like the lighting i did
You could treat the entire face as one or Alt+Right Click all over one side of the arch to make the textures line up.
Goddamn that took ages. Finally built the damn dispatcher room table. Made out of brushes, then func_detail'ed.
I see they use chrome multi-task mode.
Especially on the red line. Something about it just isn't capturing how long that front bit was, and it feels kinda stubby because of it. Looks great regardless though.
It still looks really good! It doesn't have to be THE Titanic, it can be based off the wreck to allow some creative liberties and not be a pain to research. If you want scale maybe you could use F.KALKMAN's Titanic map as a reference!