1. Post #1
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,314 Posts
    Hello hows it going ask us stuff about the forums and we'll (probably) try to answer it. STAY ON TOPIC thaaaanks.

Stuff to read before you post:
    Gold Membership is 5 years and 100 posts
    Only way to get GM is through Boostar
    Btw I removed the old promotion way of getting gold. The only way now is to boostar.
    Does the forum appear all messed up? Clear your cache, Ctrl-F5.
    New avatar not displaying?? CLEAR YOUR CACHE, Ctrl-F5.
    Can you see the gold forum (but no posts within) and you're a blue member? That's normal so don't ask why
    Yes, Rockpapershotgun news bot is gone and flagdog is gone (no more flags under posts)
    Yes, flagdog is down. It's gone! Don't ask why
    Yes, searching for blue members is disabled due to traffic issues. Don't know if it's permanent, if you can't wait then buy yourself gold membership. Now stop asking us about this.
    Subforums are not gone, look harder!
    The viewing count turns
    RED when 300 or more people are viewing. Stop asking about it.
    Buying a title or gold member from Boostar requires manual approval by Garry. It doesn't take that long - Stop asking.
    Clicking on embedded videos won't take you to the URL unless it's the end of the video. Blame youtube, garry hasn't changed anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 26Dumb x 21Informative x 5Disagree x 1Useful x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,241 Posts
    Hi!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly x 33Disagree x 6Dumb x 5Informative x 3Agree x 3Winner x 2Optimistic x 2Funny x 2Artistic x 1Late x 1Useful x 1Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,910 Posts
    How do we view private messages and replies that we've sent?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    goatse
    January 2006
    33,042 Posts
    How do i post!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 85Funny x 17Dumb x 7Informative x 3Optimistic x 3Winner x 3Useful x 2Artistic x 1Zing x 1Late x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2008
    3,761 Posts
    Is it a new thread every month now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Make passionate love with the local law enforcement
    August 2011
    1,343 Posts
    What motivated Garry to decrease the size of avatars for us blues?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 10Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    July 2010
    684 Posts
    why don't i have friends?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 33Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,314 Posts
    What motivated Garry to decrease the size of avatars for us blues?
    Lots of bitching and slithersoul especially

Edited:

why don't i have friends?
    This isn't a thread for random/joke questions but it's because you smell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 86Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    April 2011
    187 Posts
    penis

(User was banned for this post ("Dumb post" - Swebonny))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 72Optimistic x 17Agree x 11Dumb x 7Disagree x 4Winner x 4Informative x 4Artistic x 3Zing x 3Useful x 2Late x 2Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2011
    1,343 Posts
    How do i post!?
    Type what you want to say into the white box at the bottom of the page, then click the button that says "Post Quick Reply"

Edited:

This isn't a thread for random/joke questions but it's because you smell
    What about answering a mod's joke question?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Locking all of the big threads was pretty fucking silly. Was there a specific reason, or just a fresh start?

Edited:

How do we view private messages and replies that we've sent?
    If you go into your general settings bit in your control panel, there's a tickbox to save messages into your sent items bit. It will only start saving your messages after you tick this, so you won't be able to view any old messages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Useful Useful x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,466 Posts
    What's with the mass thread closure ?
    Spring cleaning ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    What happens if I don't read the OP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #14
    August 2011
    1,343 Posts
    What happens if I don't read the OP?
    You get banned.

Edited:

What is OIFY like?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    You get banned.
    You'd think they'd just tell us that instead of being so cryptic about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,264 Posts
    Why did you get rid of the Smartness system?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    You get banned.

Edited:

What is OIFY like?
    It's a place where gold members circlejerk eachother for affection

Also they hate boostards so I should warn everyone to not boostard yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,912 Posts
    i've noticed postal likes to use "thaaaaanks" a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,314 Posts
    i've noticed postal likes to use "thaaaaanks" a lot.
    thaaaanks for noticing i guess??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 60Useful x 1Informative x 1Zing x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,465 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1160434
    Could a mod change the title to Your next airsoft purchase v.3 "Jenkem still aint sniping this one"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,586 Posts
    does ikea know that swebonny is moderating them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    hello.jpg
    December 2006
    6,494 Posts
    Are there plans to add an entry in the event log for thread autoclosing?

23. Post #23
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    September 2010
    9,199 Posts
    How do i post!?
    First u need internets conectshun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,297 Posts
    What are the actual requirements for a thread being locked at the beginning of the month? I thought Garry said 3,000 posts but I've seen quite a lot that were significantly under that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,697 Posts
    What are the actual requirements for a thread being locked at the beginning of the month? I thought Garry said 3,000 posts but I've seen quite a lot that were significantly under that.
    I'm not entirely sure but I thought I saw a mod or garry say that there's a new thread every month for megathreads (like LMAO pics and a lot of others that were locked). If I can find the post(s) ill post them here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

26. Post #26
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,182 Posts
    How do i post!?
    go to LMAO pics thread and get some funnies harvested at 9gag, repeat process 2000 times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts
    We should be able to report visitor messages, just saying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

28. Post #28
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,314 Posts
    Well for now just PM a moderator

29. Post #29
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts
    Well for now just PM a moderator
    Been there, did that.

Just saying it would make it easier for mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #30
    March 2010
    1,557 Posts

What is OIFY like?
    awful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    For some reason I can't see any embedded videos. They just appear blank with "Advertisement" at what would usually be the top of the video.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2010
    9,199 Posts
    For some reason I can't see any embedded videos. They just appear blank with "Advertisement" at what would usually be the top of the video.

Install flash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I have flash on and everything, I can view Youtube videos just fine regularly. Guess reinstalling won't hurt.

34. Post #34
    March 2011
    3,669 Posts
    How can I use search effectively? I never get accurate results.
    Searching LMAO gives me v.68 and v.90 but no Feb 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,861 Posts
    You should probably address the monthly thread cleanups in the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,489 Posts
    I have flash on and everything, I can view Youtube videos just fine regularly. Guess reinstalling won't hurt.
    Clear your cookies, it worked for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    September 2010
    9,199 Posts
    What is the point of Garry closing most popular threads each month? Is it for some type of experiment?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    goatse
    January 2006
    33,042 Posts
    Been there, did that.

Just saying it would make it easier for mods.
    I think you actually can

there is a place in our account settings dedicated for moderating profile comments

Edited:

What is the point of Garry closing most popular threads each month? Is it for some type of experiment?
    Doesn't want important info in those threads to be buried under thousands of posts instead it seems making new threads every month makes new content available better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 4Useful x 3Dumb x 3Informative x 2Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,086 Posts
    If a thread is closed, is there anything similar to "reply" where you can see the bbcode and everything, in order to, say, recreate the OP? Or do I just have to do it all manually?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

40. Post #40
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,298 Posts
    I heard something about a userscript causing the hacked accounts, but does anyone know more details?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)