1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,064 Posts
    [Release]THINGS WE ALL KNOW AND DON'T WANT YOU TO TALK ABOUT

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT FUCKING OFFTOPIC POSTS BECAUSE THEN YOU ARE BEING OFFTOPIC YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE

1. There is drama in this thread; DO NOT FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. If you don't like it, you should probably stay away or you will stress yourself. Ignore it or take part on it.
    2. The Minecraft forums are terrible
    3. FLOATING ISLANDS EXIST NO SHIT SHERLOCK
    4. There is a "Woo, Facepunch!" Splash image.
    5. There are dungeons on the surface. THERE ARE DUNGEONS WE KNOW IT OKAY
    6. Some users can be annoying. There is an ignore list. Use it.
    7. OIFY trolls on the thread? If you don't know how to play along, fucking ignore them. If you do, you should probably ignore them because you wouldn't know how to keep up with it
    [/Release]

[release]
    Minecraft first turned out to be a singleplayer/online game where you built anything your heart desired with a large variety of blocks. This gamemode was and still is called Creative. But since Survival Mode is all the rage, Creative seems to be lost behind all of the commotion, only played by the poor and Irish of the Internet.

What exactly is Survival Mode?
    Survival Mode was the second gamemode Notch (aka Markus Persson, creator of Minecraft) has ever made to Minecraft. This gamemode is all what you can imagine by the title - surviving. With the ability to create any structure with a large variety of interesting craftable and obtainable items, endless hours of gameplay. And with the exciting Multiplayer, it just keeps getting better.

Survival Mode all started out with Survival Test, with Notch just toying with things that would soon become the incredible gamemode we all play today.

Next came /indev/, also known as In Development, was just Survival Test, only, well, I'm not exactly sure why he did this, but he did it for a very good reason I bet.

After that came /infdev/, also known as Infinite Development, but again, like /indev/. I'm still boggled about why he did this.

And finally, after everything was prepared, he released the fantastic game known as Minecraft Alpha (also known as Minecraft Survival), the game we HAD until December 20, when the game was updated to Beta and the price was doubled! Further updates will continue to be free but this means the game will be nearing completion far in the future!
    [/release]

[release]
    ORES

Ores is one of the big things in MINEcraft.

Coal.
    - Coal is used to craft torches and smelt stuff. You need wooden pick or better to mine coal.

Iron.
    - Iron is used to craft a LOT of tools. And armor too! You need a stone pick or better to mine iron.

Gold
    - Gold is used to craft some rare items. You need an iron pick or better to mine gold.

Redstone
    - If you mine redstone, you will get 4 redstone dust. Redstone dust is like the electric wires of minecraft. You can make really cool contraptions with redstone! You need an iron pick or better to mine redstone.

Diamond.
    - Diamond is the best ore in the game. You can make tools and armor out of it. You need iron pick or better to mine diamond.
    [/release]

[release]
    MOBS

Mobs are creatures that roam the generated terrain of every level. They can range from nice pigs to green dicks that blow up your shit.

There are currently 22 mobs in Survival Mode, with 7 of them being passive.

Friendly mobs:

Mooshroom

Villager

Snow golem

Pigs
    - Pigs are friendly mobs. They may seem cute, but not everyone lives forever. So you'll have to kill such adorable creatures for their delicious bacon that heals 1.5 hearts (cooked bacon heals 4 hearts). If one is struck by lightning it will turn into a Zombie Pigman.

Sheep
    - Sheep are just as adorable as pigs. You are able to magically shear them with your hands by punching them, which results in 1-3 blocks of wool being dropped.

Cows
    - Cows seem friendly and look pretty stupid; But these mobs may drop up to 0-3 leather, which can be crafted into really crappy armor.

Chickens
    - Chickens may look like ducks, but try not to get them confused too much. Chickens drop 0-2 feathers when killed and crap out eggs every 5-10 minutes.

Squids
    - Squids are a new addition to Minecraft that came with a big update. When killed, they drop 1-3 ink sacks which is useful for wool dye.

Neutral mobs:

Ender man

Pig Zombies
    - Pig Zombies, or Zombie Pigmen if you prefer, were added in during the Halloween Update. Though they can only be found in the Nether, they are completely friendly (until you disturb them by attacking them).

Wolves
    - Wolves are the first tamable mob in the game. Attack one and it'll most definitely fuck your shit up. Give it some treats and you'll have a partner that will help you rape some creepers.

Enemy mobs:
    Zombies
    - Zombies looks like they're ready to hug, right? Well try not to get too close, because these fuckers pack a punch. They drop 0-2 feathers for God knows why when killed. When it turns day, they begin to burn (there must be no blocks above them, even leaves).

Skeletons
    - These assholes like to shoot arrows at you from anywhere when they're close to you. Do NOT get trapped in a pit with Skeletons above you. When killed, they drop 0-2 arrows and/or 0-3 bones. Just like Zombies, they burn as well when it's day.

Spiders
    - Spiders lurk anywhere, and are ready to jump at you whenever. They can be a big pain in the ass, especially when there are more than one. When killed, they drop 0-2 string. But with Spiders, they do not start on fire, most of the time they become friendly, making nice house guests.

Slimes
    - Slimes are currently broken for some odd reason. But they are very adorable mobs, even if they are unfriendly. Slimes can range from small to very large; the smallest slimes don't hurt you, so you can have them follow you and keep them as a pet! When they are killed, they usually drop 0-2 slime balls.

Creepers
    - These gigantic faggot dicks are the epiphany of why we all hate this game at times. They can be lurking ANYWHERE - even more concealed than spiders, and jump at you and blow up for no reason. They may seem like they need a hug (like Zombies) but be careful - they will destroy your shit. And what makes it worse is that they do NOT burn in daylight. But they drop 0-3 gunpowder when they are killed normally (not blown up) that can be crafted with sand to create TNT. If these guys get struck by lightning, god help you.

Ghasts
    - Ghasts were added in during the Halloween Update. These large, white, box-like, annoying fuckers shoot fireballs at you from wherever they are floating, even if you aren't that close. Thank god Notch fixed them from crying so much when on fire, you'd probably quit playing the game when it happened.

Blaze

Cave Spider

Magma Cube

Silverfish

End bosses

Enderdragon
    - Big gigantic dragon found in the end. Sure fucks up your day if you don't expect him to be in the end, but defeating him earns you a nice xp bonus and the end of the game.
    [/release]

[release]

ONE COOL THING ABOUT MINECRAFT IS THAT IT IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT, SO ITS UPDATING CONSTANTLY

( well, not constantly, just like, 1 time in a month, but whatever )
    ( well now we have jeb so like 10000 times a week )

new shit from the latest major update:

1.3 (nearly!!)

[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Why the hell did the original get locked, with some other threads and even 2b2t?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,016 Posts
    Redstone trickery everywhere!

Edited:

Why the hell did the original get locked, with some other threads and even 2b2t?
    Large threads are closed each month.

Edited:

Also, if we may continue the discussion from the previous thread.

The circuit doesn't work as intended for me. I'm not saying I didn't fuck up, in which case I can't spot the error.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,064 Posts
    major threads get locked end of every month for some gay reason

Edited:

someone make the minecraft idea thread, im not making that one too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,269 Posts
    Looks like some form of alien landscape :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Also, if we may continue the discussion from the previous thread.

The circuit doesn't work as intended for me. I'm not saying I didn't fuck up, in which case I can't spot the error.
    I forgot to say that the A input needs to be a torch as to power the wire above it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

7. Post #7
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Just saw best movie ever. OP qualified?
    sohardcore.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,276 Posts
    Just saw best movie ever. OP qualified?
    sohardcore.jpg
    this is getting really old now

there are like 8 of these videos in the related videos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,444 Posts
    Woo new thread! I also downgraded to 1.7.3 to see what my friend (who still believes it's better than 1.1) is going on about. I can clearly say he is incorrect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,016 Posts
    I forgot to say that the A input needs to be a torch as to power the wire above it.
    I noticed and have been using torches all the time for both A and B.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,752 Posts
    I noticed and have been using torches all the time for both A and B.
    From your last post in the other thread, what do you want? Do you want it to be like an AND gate, but when you either 01 or 10 you want to use those outputs instead of either 1 or 0?

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,064 Posts
    From your last post in the other thread, what do you want? Do you want it to be like an AND gate, but when you either 01 or 10 you want to use those outputs instead of either 1 or 0?
    wouldn't that just be (but with more delay on the repeaterS)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,016 Posts
    You know, if we assume an AND-gate, both inputs needs to be 1 in order to output 1, right?
    That's what I want but with the AND-gate behavior, only one input needs to be 0 before the output is 0. So at the same time I want it to only output 0 if (and only if) both inputs are 0.

So an input of 0/1 or 1/0 changes nothing. Both inputs needs to change to the same before the output changes.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,064 Posts
    see above post, does what you said (I think)
    I think what you want is

(out a and out b are the outputs on the sides on the post above, out c is the one in the middle)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,752 Posts
    You know, if we assume an AND-gate, both inputs needs to be 1 in order to output 1, right?
    That's what I want but with the AND-gate behavior, only one input needs to be 0 before the output is 0. So at the same time I want it to only output 0 if (and only if) both inputs are 0.

So an input of 0/1 or 1/0 changes nothing. Both inputs needs to change to the same before the output changes.
    NAND-gate with inverted input?

The result would be:

11: 1
    01: 1
    10: 1
    00: 0

And I guess that's what you want.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,064 Posts
    oh wait, I see what you want now
    you want a T flipflop triggered by an AND gate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    15,070 Posts
    I just want to say

I fucking love the title of this thread

Also, Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,064 Posts
    could one of you fancy graphics artists make a banner for this thread please since i am bad at bannering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    I really do not like the new Month = Thread thing garry has going on, it's a pain in the ass to find all my threads again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

20. Post #20
    September 2011
    5,340 Posts
    For some odd reason, even giving Java 4GB of RAM is not enough. Any other solutions to the constant crashing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    For some odd reason, even giving Java 4GB of RAM is not enough. Any other solutions to the constant crashing?
    Give it less, it sounds insane, but it works.

22. Post #22
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,876 Posts
    anyone know a way to make it so nobody can come through my nether portal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

23. Post #23
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,416 Posts
    Block it off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    oh wait, I see what you want now
    you want a T flipflop triggered by an AND gate
    T-flipflop triggered by an XOR gate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Redpower is amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

26. Post #26
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    I've been working on a toggleable nether portal. Basicly you make a water piston that pours water over the portal when you don't want to use it anymore, or just close it. Then when you want to use it again you activate it with the Flint and Tinder again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    I've been working on a toggleable nether portal. Basicly you make a water piston that pours water over the portal when you don't want to use it anymore, or just close it. Then when you want to use it again you activate it with the Flint and Tinder again.
    The Nether one is still active AFAIK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,101 Posts
    Redpower is amazing
    idgi what is it doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #29
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    idgi what is it doing
    Eating the lever and dropping it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

30. Post #30
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    The Nether one is still active AFAIK.
    But can you use it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

31. Post #31
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,593 Posts
    But can you use it?
    Yes it creates a new one or reactivates the other.

Edited:

I was doing my morning check on my server's town and I saw this.

That started out a a 4x4 square.

Just realized I put that in the mod thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,101 Posts
    Eating the lever and dropping it.
    oh ok

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    T-flipflop triggered by an XOR gate
    I stole some designs an combined them into this work of art

Repeaters on side are inputs and the redstone at the pointy end is output.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #34
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,543 Posts
    New week's snapshot is up gents.
    http://mojang.com/2012/02/02/minecraft-snapshot-12w05a/
    Ocelots are easier to tame, Cats can now sit down when told, Villagers'll try to detect houses to live in, more Mob AI fixes and behaviours, and the language files have been updated too.

All in all technical but nonetheless a good update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,828 Posts
    What's new in the latest snapshot? I'm not near anywhere I can play it.

Edited:

Nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,101 Posts
    What's new in the latest snapshot? I'm not near anywhere I can play it.
    This certainly is!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 45Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    October 2010
    11,491 Posts
    Real mature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,101 Posts
    Thankfully it seems Jeb's already fixed it as it's not in mine. Thank god this isn't some other game, or it would be on the national news right now.

"MINECRAFT - RACIST TRAINING GAME FOR KKK RECRUITS - MORE AT 11"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    June 2008
    1,523 Posts
    Yes (see the edit note), it's already been fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #40
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,543 Posts
    Pity we got a troll in the dungeon, but it doesn't necessarily affect the mechanics or whatnot; merely an abhorrent nuisance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)