1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,644 Posts
    [release]
    [h2]BY DECREE OF HIS MOST IMPERIAL MAJESTY[/h2]
    From this point forward, let there be no flamewars.

Let there be no trolling, neither be there hating. Trolls and haters are to be expelled from my domain.

Let there be no more dildo nonsense throughout my empire. No more discussion of butts, or items designed to be inserted into such. For such is not computer illiteracy, and it is not content.

All who oppose this imperial decree are to be shunned and shamed. Let their names be anathema; let their posts be ignorelisted.

I am the Emperor. My will be done.

Signed this Third Thread of his Glorious Reign
    Lord GMan003 the First, Emperor of CIPWTTKT and Protector of General Chat
    [/release]

[release][/release]

[release]
    [h2]Rules[/h2]
    I'm going to say this, and no one's going to listen. This thread is about people who think or act like they're tech savvy, and fail miserably. This could be smug kids saying their macbook could run Crysis on decent settings to garner attention, teachers at school spouting out things that make no sense and trying to get away with the "I'm the teacher, I'm right" excuse, or the usual haberdashery and whatnot.

[h2]Posts everyone is sick of[/h2]
    - Laughing at normal people instead of actual tech-illiterate asshats
    - Stupid, repetitive, or extremely damaging pranks
    - Blind hatred or fanboyism
    - Whining about lack of content

[h2]NO FUCKING "POST YOUR" CONTENT![/h2]
    Including but not limited to:
    - Speedtests (post here)
    - Speccy
    - Hard drive shit
    - Dropbox

ALSO: questions go HERE!
    [/release]

[release]
    Previous topics
    Computer Illiterate People Who Think They Know Things&GC (V.16): Odellus Cock Rubbing Edition by Warship
    CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0F (V15): Scoot and Flak chat edition by Wingless
    CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0E (V14): Gman003 is our Lord and Savior by ManningQB18
    CIPWTTKT&GC V0X0D (V13): COMIC SAAAAAAAAAANSSSS!!!!!!11111 EDITION By [EG] Pepper
    CIPWTTKT v0x0C (12): Fried Eggs and RAM By JohnEdwards/Wingless
    CIPWTTKT v11: content.rar is missing or corrupted. By LinuX
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things v0x0A: content.rar is password-protected By LinuX
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things V9: Windows is a strawberry By LinuX
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things V8: Mandrith Appreciation Station. By Wingless
    Computer Illiterate People that think they know things V7 Content: Out of stock By [EG] Pepper
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things V6 - My CPU is clocked to 11:00AM By codenamecueball
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things V5 - I FLICK PSU VOLTAGE SWITCH By Comrade General
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things [V4] By PivotDJ
    Computer illiterate people who think they know things [v3] By daijitsu
    Computer illiterate people that think they know things V2 By Oktoberman!
    Computer illiterate people that think they know things. By xZippy[/release]

[release]OP Template, use it this time guys.
    [LINK][/release]

[release]We now have a Steam group!
    [LINK]
    And Mumble!
    24.113.61.107:64738[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    15,990 Posts
    Real men only use root so they don't need sudo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    New thread smell. I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2010
    7,123 Posts
    New thread smell? Smells almost like my socks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,720 Posts
    I disagree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    But /dev/urandom has crw-rw-rw- permissions by default why would you use sudo
    /nitpick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

7. Post #7
    June 2010
    8,581 Posts
    Should've been Warship edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,210 Posts
    sudo rm -rf content
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,126 Posts
    sudo rm -rf /
    init 6
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,359 Posts
    I just got my Zalman ZM-VE200 (External hard drive with ISO mounting), what should I put on it? I already have ISOs for various XP and 7 installers, Hiren's BootCD, Clonezilla, GParted and the Windows 7 Repair disks. Anything useful and free would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    January 2012
    95 Posts
    DBAN?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    September 2007
    15,990 Posts
    I just got my Zalman ZM-VE200 (External hard drive with ISO mounting), what should I put on it? I already have ISOs for various XP and 7 installers, Hiren's BootCD, Clonezilla, GParted and the Windows 7 Repair disks. Anything useful and free would be nice.
    If you're using latest Hiren's, also get version 9.
    Version 9 had a lot more nice, cool tools.
    Oh and ophcrack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #13
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    I love the new title.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #14
    September 2007
    15,990 Posts
    ifconfig content0 up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

15. Post #15
    December 2009
    8,539 Posts
    Well got my GPU back (Sent it in a week after christmas)

You might remember i checked everything, And then brought in an old GPU to check so it wasn't the Mobo. Well i got it back today with a note today, No faults found

IT WAS THE HDMI CABLE AAARGH

When i used the old one i used a VGA since it didn't have HDMI

The ONE thing i didn't check. Damn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    37,745 Posts
    Welp. Got a call from the shop I took my computer too.

When the psu went it literally took every component with it so now I have to get the whole system replaced.

poop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2010
    7,123 Posts
    Including HDD-s ? Shit story then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

18. Post #18
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    37,745 Posts
    No. My ssd survived, somehow, but my 1tb and 500gb died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2010
    7,123 Posts
    Are they going to replace everything or what?

Edited:

Like, for free or how?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

20. Post #20
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    37,745 Posts
    Getting everything replaced for free but they no longer make the 6870s I have but they have the XFX "Black Edition" ones so they're giving me those instead.

21. Post #21
    June 2010
    8,581 Posts
    XFX "Black Edition"
    You know, I always thought those were racist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,930 Posts

fuck off newegg, not my fault your card authentication site was down both times I tried to order

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,156 Posts
    I "repaired" a p4 dell about a week ago.
    Got rid of 4 anti viruses, 8 toolbars, set up the speakers and put a password on their wifi for $50. I would have just reformatted it but I don't have an XP disc and I didn't feel like waiting.

Edited:

Also the disk drive wouldn't open anyway. So either open the disk drive and repair that to or build a usb installer I'd have had to take it home for either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events

24. Post #24
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,930 Posts
    oh jesus christ I placed a third order in hopes that the site wouldn't be down again, it wasn't and everything went smoothly

now it's saying the order from yesterday has been charged and the one I just placed isn't in my order status/history

Edited:

WHAT THE FUCK NEWEGG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,156 Posts
    I learned a long time ago that placing multiple orders is never a good thing to do. Good thing new egg is nice or I'd have Sli alot sooner and for more $ then planned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    January 2012
    95 Posts
    I "repaired" a p4 dell about a week ago.
    Got rid of 4 anti viruses, 8 toolbars, set up the speakers and put a password on their wifi for $50. I would have just reformatted it but I don't have an XP disc and I didn't feel like waiting.

Edited:

Also the disk drive wouldn't open anyway. So either open the disk drive and repair that to or build a usb installer I'd have had to take it home for either.
    Did the CD drive have a pinhole to shove a paper-clip into and release the door?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #27
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,631 Posts
    placing multiple orders is never a good thing to do
    Yeah, seriously. Don't.

It's not fun for the people handling your order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,156 Posts
    Did the CD drive have a pinhole to shove a paper-clip into and release the door?
    The door is blocked or something I could hear the drive trying to open. If I actually had the disc for XP I'd have tried the paper clip but I didn't so whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Canada Show Events

29. Post #29

June 2011
    422 Posts
    Yeah, seriously. Don't.

It's not fun for the people handling your order.
    Indeed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,359 Posts
    A human from DHL called to tell me that if I didn't receive my package today, that I would get it tomorrow. I'm not even pissed about the $16 fee I had to pay anymore, that's some good customer service right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

June 2011
    422 Posts
    Oh hey, i havea smart phone now!

Got it last night :D

Runs andriod

Pantech breakout

any apps i should get?

32. Post #32
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts

Runs andriod

Pantech breakout

any apps i should get?
    Steam mobile beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33

Runs andriod

Pantech breakout

any apps i should get?
    Download ALL OF THEM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #34

January 2012
    429 Posts
    GPU's run hotter than CPU's right...........
    Then why is my GPU at 21C at idle and 61 after running fur mark for 15 mins along with Intel Burn Test at the same time and my cpu is at 25 when idle and 65 when under load.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,156 Posts
    On an unrelated note I got a creative sound blaster from the electronics dump that still works. But because of sli and my wifi card I can't use it on my main pc. My only options are to setup this other pc I have lying around to provide wifi for my desktop, do the same thing with my laptop or somehow find the money for a USB wifi device. One thing I've been thinking about is I have a windows mobile 6 (or whatever it's called) phone with wifi I dunno if I could use that as a wifi bridge without it being a pain in the ass. Anyone know anything about windows mobile shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    13,898 Posts
    I'm RMA'ing my SSD now, and it seems that I'll have to pay shipping and other shit. No chance in hell OCZ support, give me some money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    April 2009
    6,187 Posts
    On an unrelated note I got a creative sound blaster from the electronics dump that still works. But because of sli and my wifi card I can't use it on my main pc. My only options are to setup this other pc I have lying around to provide wifi for my desktop, do the same thing with my laptop or somehow find the money for a USB wifi device. One thing I've been thinking about is I have a windows mobile 6 (or whatever it's called) phone with wifi I dunno if I could use that as a wifi bridge without it being a pain in the ass. Anyone know anything about windows mobile shit?
    Windows phone 7?

38. Post #38
    June 2010
    8,581 Posts
    Windows phones look very interesting to me, I wouldn't mind getting one as my next phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #39

January 2012
    429 Posts
    As far as I was concerned GPU's ran hotter, i guess i was wrong going by the dumb rating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,156 Posts
    Windows phone 7?
    If I had one of those new ones I wouldn't be on an iPhone right now. It's the older one running on an htc touch diamond. I think the main problem is finding a driver for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events