1. Post #1

November 2011
    23 Posts
    Hello, im working on a new perp server for me and my friends. I have the perp mysql file from dramaunlimited. I need to know how to put it in my database on mysql, because the new one confuses me.
    Id appreciate your help, steam name is Rick Ross12.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    Swiggity swag whats in the bag
    June 2011
    1,591 Posts
    I can help. But it wont let me add you

3. Post #3

November 2011
    23 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Well you got a gamemode from DramaUnlimited, what do you expect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,233 Posts
    Lots of perp requests lately.. are leaked gamemodes still bos?

Hm, probably not. op, make sure both your gamemode and SQL are the same version. Do a quick google search of how to set up perp's mysql and I GUARANTEE you'll find it. I don't quite remember where it goes, try taking a look in sv_hooks.lua or something..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

November 2011
    23 Posts
    alright i got my php working and i put my perp3.sql in it. What now? add Rick hoss on steam

7. Post #7
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    What does PHP have to do with the sql file :V

Get a query browser like HeidiSQL - Connect to your MySQL server, and then execute the sql file.

Edited:

If you can't manage the installation of a gamemode - don't host it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,233 Posts
    What does PHP have to do with the sql file :V

Get a query browser like HeidiSQL - Connect to your MySQL server, and then execute the sql file.

Edited:

If you can't manage the installation of a gamemode - don't host it.
    Disagreeing with your last statement, some people are better at running communities and not servers. Who's to say it won't be the "best perp server ever" because he can't set it up on his own.

9. Post #9

November 2011
    23 Posts
    yea im just bad with this mysql. Im suposed to edit sv.hooks, but im not sure what all to edit in there. ive heard tmysql.initialize("perp3.db.7602667.hostedresource .com","perp3","Gm0dplay","perp3", 3306, 8, 8)
    but im not sure where to find all of this at. Please help

10. Post #10
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,233 Posts
    Ctrl + f tmysql?

11. Post #11

November 2011
    23 Posts
    in my server folder on php?

12. Post #12
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Oh, I guess by PHP you mean PHPMyAdmin...

You'll want to find tmysql.initialize in the -gamemode- files, whatever "sv.hooks" file you're talking about. (Probably sv_hooks.lua)

Search around for that.

13. Post #13

November 2011
    23 Posts
    Yea i got sv_hooks open right now. my problem is editing this data...."perp3.db.7602667.hostedresource.com","per p3","Gm0dplay","perp3"

to my own. I dont know where all of that is listed. Im assuming for me it would be "perp1212.dl.IDKWHATTHIS.db4free.net,"perp3","IDK" ,"IDK"
    please guide me in the right direction of finding this stuff.

14. Post #14
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    You'll have to contact whoever is hosting your mysql server for the info you need.

It'll look like "Mysql's Hostname", "Username", "Password", "Database Name"

With the respective information, of course.

15. Post #15

November 2011
    23 Posts
    I have my perp3.sql on my PHPmyadmin database nmaed perp1212. so it would be db4free.myusername.password.perp1212
    is that right?

16. Post #16
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    db4free isn't a valid mysql host name...

17. Post #17

November 2011
    23 Posts
    mysql host name... would makign a database on mysql be that, or a website

18. Post #18
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,233 Posts
    I have my perp3.sql on my PHPmyadmin database nmaed perp1212. so it would be db4free.myusername.password.perp1212
    is that right?
    it would be db4free.com or something.. depends on who you're using to host it. If you're using mysql with your web hosting use your site's name.

19. Post #19

August 2011
    52 Posts
    Whats your steam name i can help you out. :)

20. Post #20

November 2011
    23 Posts
    Rick Hoss

21. Post #21

November 2011
    23 Posts
    alright now when im connecting to my server it has a mysql error but in my srcds console it says wrong password. but i know that i have the right one.

It actually says Password failed, if that helps any,

22. Post #22

November 2011
    23 Posts
    Ok its up and running flawlessy, but when i add admins it wont wor. but i can fix that.

23. Post #23
    July 2011
    237 Posts
    alright now when im connecting to my server it has a mysql error but in my srcds console it says wrong password. but i know that i have the right one.

It actually says Password failed, if that helps any,
    I have this same problem. How'd you fix it?

24. Post #24

January 2011
    25 Posts
    -snip-

25. Post #25

March 2012
    16 Posts
    Well i mean everyone and their mom does seem to have atleast one leak of a Perp gamemode, its overplayed and over done. Most kids just put them up thinking they can make a quick $$$ but all they get is ddos'd. Anything you get from drama is bound to be broken and halfway unfixable unless you know how a to code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)