Ubuntu TV website
Install the development version NOW!
Normally, I wouldn't care so much, but this has a few things going for it:
* The Desktop/Integrated smart TV market is saturated with garbage.
* Integrates video downloads with the already-robust Ubuntu One cloud storage service.
* This is an actual operating system, just with a television-friendly shell. No need to get developers used to something new.
* The content is up to the providers, meaning it isn't locked down to whatever the company can coax out, unlike most current ones.
* It (seems to) work seamlessly with normal cable and broadcasting.
Will it actually catch on? Probably not, given the history of these things (Apple releases something, it becomes popular, then everyone flocks over to Google), but this is probably the first real shot that Canonical has to inject themselves into a major market. Let's see if it works.
PS: I know there's already a thread in the Linux section, I just felt this needed one here.