1. Post #1
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    Long story short I dropped out of highschool halfway through grade 11, I made a mistake and I want to go back and graduate with my friends who are now in grade 12. Just wondering if I'm still in their system? The principal called and left a message saying she want's to know what I've been doing since I left the school (mind you this is a new principal whom I've never met) and which grade I left in. I'm gonna lie and say I finished Grade 11 and then dropped out to see if I can just start in Grade 12 and finish.. But I'm worried I may still be in their system and they can see which classes I haven't finished? Any of you know anything about this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb x 80Funny x 4Friendly x 3Disagree x 2Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    $1 title pls
    June 2007
    1,633 Posts
    They would have records of you not passing, unless the school is rubbish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 68 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    I'm from Canada btw if this changes anything? I have no idea why it says I'm from the States lol. And mmkay thanks, and by not passing you mean not passing Grade 11 or certain courses?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,060 Posts
    They would have records, you won't be able to get around this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 51Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2011
    648 Posts
    they legally have to keep records. In the UK its for like 10 years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    That's garbage! Ugh. Sometimes out of sheer luck they just let you go into the grade you're supposed to be in, it's happened before to people I know. Oh boy do I ever regret dropping out..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 88Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,929 Posts
    You should probably just start where you left off in 11th grade. It'll only be a few more years to graduate and then you'll have time to hang out with friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,060 Posts
    You should probably just start where you left off in 11th grade. It'll only be a few more years to graduate and then you'll have time to hang out with friends.
    Most of my friends were in the ib program, not the regular/advanced program I was in. My ex was two grades below me. I could still hang out with everyone. Just because you are in different classes, does not mean that you can't have a good time over lunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,184 Posts
    On the bright side it seems you have the right attitude. Just finish up your last two years of high school strong. Set your mind on graduating and getting decent grades and you'll be on the right track.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly x 7Agree x 3Optimistic x 2Zing x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    3,109 Posts
    Like Oogala said, you can still see each other at lunch. Also if it is like it is in America, you can still get electives together.

Depending on how big the school is, the chances are you wouldn't get classes with them even if you were in the same grade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,060 Posts
    On the bright side it seems you have the right attitude. Just finish up your last two years of high school strong. Set your mind on graduating and getting decent grades and you'll be on the right track.
    Heck, you could get big bux scholarships if you work your ass off. Get a degree in your favorite thing. Do a dance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    Thanks guys. I'm a very intelligent kid, but.. I'm also very lazy when it comes to school work. That's always been my issue, and since I live like a 5 minute walk IF that from the school, I tend to skip a lot which screws me over. I'm sick of sitting at home and doing nothing. I go to the gym every day, I'm really fit but that's all I do.. I only go to the gym for an hour and a half a day then come home and either play NHL 12 on Xbox or sit on the computer and refresh facebook/twitter, over and over and over.

I miss the socializing part of school and I REALLY miss Gym class.. I loved having Gym, so much fun. I hope I can do back and I really hope this principal cuts me a break and just lets me go straight into grade 12.. Although I doubt it, that would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb x 43Friendly x 7Funny x 3Disagree x 2Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2010
    134 Posts
    If you're serious about going back and wanted to get a diploma, why would you want to cut corners and try to get out of doing an entire grade?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30 (list)

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    I really just wanna go back for the social aspect of it. I don't plan on doing anything in College or University. I have my life planned out already, I know what I'm gonna do and I'll make a good living. I'm sick of staying at home doing fuck all, I miss my friends and being social with people etcetc. You'll probably find that stupid but that's ones opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 38Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    3,109 Posts
    If you're serious about going back and wanted to get a diploma, why would you want to cut corners and try to get out of doing an entire grade?
    He already said, so he can be with his friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #16
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    why would you even pay for college or uni if you plan on doing nothing?
    and how do you plan to earn a living without doing any work or getting a diploma/education?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    7,500 Posts
    why would you even pay for college or uni if you plan on doing nothing?
    and how do you plan to earn a living without doing any work or getting a diploma/education?
    Professional Hobo.

Or most likely, welfare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,760 Posts
    Professional Hobo.

Or most likely, welfare.
    Oh great, someone else to mooch off the government.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,308 Posts
    Yeah, no. Why you would want to do this I have no idea. Also, why you would then go and piss away money on college for something that you won't need.

20. Post #20
    in the metaphorical hospice counting down to oblilvion
    Dennab
    May 2005
    15,158 Posts
    You'll be fine. Just tell them the truth that you want to graduate with your friends and you dropped out for no good reason.

Edited:

I really just wanna go back for the social aspect of it. I don't plan on doing anything in College or University. I have my life planned out already, I know what I'm gonna do and I'll make a good living. I'm sick of staying at home doing fuck all, I miss my friends and being social with people etcetc. You'll probably find that stupid but that's ones opinion.
    wait so you really did drop out for no good reason? you didn't even get a job.

nevermind, you're fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2012
    72 Posts
    This is a lot like that thread on SomethingAwful about the 20-something guy who wanted to reenlist at his old high school because he feels he missed out on the whole "high school experience"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 28Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2010
    194 Posts
    If you're this retarded I'm not surprised you didn't pass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,130 Posts
    If you talk with a counselor you can usually get some important guidance on how to at least graduate, although you might be forced to attend summer school or extra classes to fill in credits

Employers will also generally disregard anyone without a high school diploma / GED as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,890 Posts
    Thanks guys. I'm a very intelligent kid, but.. I'm also very lazy when it comes to school work. That's always been my issue, and since I live like a 5 minute walk IF that from the school, I tend to skip a lot which screws me over. I'm sick of sitting at home and doing nothing. I go to the gym every day, I'm really fit but that's all I do.. I only go to the gym for an hour and a half a day then come home and either play NHL 12 on Xbox or sit on the computer and refresh facebook/twitter, over and over and over.

I miss the socializing part of school and I REALLY miss Gym class.. I loved having Gym, so much fun. I hope I can do back and I really hope this principal cuts me a break and just lets me go straight into grade 12.. Although I doubt it, that would be awesome.
    of course you're just lazy and not actually dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 32 (list)

25. Post #25
    February 2009
    123 Posts
    Yes. the high school kept my brothers account for 2 years after he graduated.

OSHIT

100TH POST

PARTY TAHM

(User was banned for this post ("Off topic" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 47Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2010
    1,461 Posts
    of course you're just lazy and not actually dumb.
    I hate dumb people who say they're intelligent but use laziness as an excuse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    You will probably be able to pick up where you left off but you're not just going to be able to join your friends who are now way ahead of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    I hate dumb people who say they're intelligent but use laziness as an excuse.
    Yeah because I'm a complete idiot. Also lol at all the boxes. I've been around FP since 07 so if it's because I'm an "11er" ololloolooloololol then think again. To all the people who are actually trying to help me solve this then thanks, I appreciate it. Also, I hate unintelligent people who use the word "dumb" to describe someone as being unintelligent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 47Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    $$$Good News Everyone!$$$
    January 2007
    4,639 Posts
    Ok I won't use dumb.

You're a fucking moron.

EDIT:

He's just a troll.. moving on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Long story short I dropped out of highschool halfway through grade 11, I made a mistake and I want to go back and graduate with my friends who are now in grade 12. Just wondering if I'm still in their system? The principal called and left a message saying she want's to know what I've been doing since I left the school (mind you this is a new principal whom I've never met) and which grade I left in. I'm gonna lie and say I finished Grade 11 and then dropped out to see if I can just start in Grade 12 and finish.. But I'm worried I may still be in their system and they can see which classes I haven't finished? Any of you know anything about this?
    Wow, you may admit you made a mistake but the fact that you want to join school again like nothing ever happened is stupid.

Actions come with consequences. Should have thought of this earlier. 99% sure you're going to have to repeat grade 11.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,234 Posts
    Yeah because I'm a complete idiot. Also lol at all the boxes. I've been around FP since 07 so if it's because I'm an "11er" ololloolooloololol then think again. To all the people who are actually trying to help me solve this then thanks, I appreciate it. Also, I hate unintelligent people who use the word "dumb" to describe someone as being unintelligent.
    Doesn't change the fact that you are. You said that you want to go back to school/college/uni for the socializing aspect of it, and that you plan on doing fuck-all. You dropped out for no good reason and you've done nothing the entire time since them, yet you still think you'll make a good living.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

32. Post #32
    As my Government teacher would say...

"WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!?"

because, you know, I pay attention to what my teachers say and realize the true value of an education, socialization comes second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

33. Post #33
    July 2010
    640 Posts
    Do you happen to go to new west secondary?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,308 Posts
    And also, why the fuck would you not be in their system anymore? It's been about a year. IIRC, I think they keep them for the length of the time you would be there, and then a few years longer than that.

35. Post #35
    November 2007
    628 Posts
    You sound incredibly stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    You claim to be an 07'er who made a new account.

But the retardation and "lolling" tells me otherwise.

Unless you've learned nothing from us for the five year time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,562 Posts
    best of luck with your GED!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    what's the proper descriptor for someone that supposedly regrets dropping out of highschool but doesn't want to do half his work when he gets back? dumb definitely isn't harsh enough

dunkass?

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    Yeah because I'm a complete idiot. Also lol at all the boxes. I've been around FP since 07 so if it's because I'm an "11er" ololloolooloololol then think again.
    If you've really been around since 07 you'd realise no one gives a shit about join date
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,884 Posts
    Not to mention the teachers that failed you would still remember you. Most teachers tend to have pretty good memories.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)