1. Post #1
    March 2007
    1,936 Posts
    Ok, this is a continuation of the Thread Sex, Girlfriends and Shit II that has been locked recently

Here goes the last conversations of the thread:

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1107183/81

And the last post of that thread:

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...1#post34012661

Do carry on, good Sirs!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,013 Posts
    -snoopity-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 13Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts
    Flash makes pretty much everyone look awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2009
    1,082 Posts
    I think she looks cute regardless of flash. Nice catch bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 17Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2007
    1,936 Posts
    Flash in dark places really ruins photos. It's one of the problems with nowadays digital cameras that I really hate. However, the photo does seem nice. And she seems quite nice. Congratulations to you both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Flash is an intentional instrument in this age of low self-esteem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,013 Posts
    I'm not quite sure what you mean
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    That wasn't specific, more of a rant. Ease your mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,013 Posts
    That wasn't specific, more of a rant. Ease your mind.
    Nono, I didn't take it personally.

I'm just not sure what you mean
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2009
    1,926 Posts
    What? By illuminating an area that otherwise isn't sufficiently light enough to take a photo of? Stop talking shit seith.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    ..... I see a lot of girls who are more than overzealous into trying "illuminating" an already lighted environment. You need examples, what the fuck?

As I've said, it wasn't personal, just a general rant.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,316 Posts
    flash is great as long as it's used well. and by used well, i mean an external flashgun with a diffuser, ideally bouncing off something or being used off camera.

Edited:

..... I see a lot of girls who are more than overzealous into trying "illuminating" an already lighted environment. You need examples, what the fuck?

As I've said, it wasn't personal, just a general rant.
    also fill in flash is definitely a thing and it's very useful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2009
    1,926 Posts
    This is not the Photography section...

Edited:

And where the hell does low self esteem come into it? its a fucking light bulb man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,168 Posts
    What? By illuminating an area that otherwise isn't sufficiently light enough to take a photo of? Stop talking shit seith.
    the only thing I can think of is intentionally making the flash so bright that you can't see skin blemishes, or anything else for that matter, which is dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    1,926 Posts
    Why can't he say that then instead of talking like an English Teacher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Why can't he say that then instead of talking like an English Teacher.
    ..... I shall simply things from now on then. Turnip hit the jackpot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,943 Posts
    ..... I shall simply things from now on then. Turnip hit the jackpot.
    how does one simply a thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    what are you on about flash is usually really unflattering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    .... read Turnip's comment.

More sex talks, this gets boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2007
    1,936 Posts
    This isn't about Flash!

Stop this nonsense at once!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    I myself prefer shit talk.
    Carry on current discussion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,220 Posts
    .... read Turnip's comment.

More sex talks, this gets boring.
    except it still doesnt make sense because 99.999% of the time flash just makes you look awful

perhaps you're thinking of girls using filters/photoediting in photoshop to try to make themselves look better, ive never heard of them using flash to do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts
    except it still doesnt make sense because 99.999% of the time flash just makes you look awful

perhaps you're thinking of girls using filters/photoediting in photoshop to try to make themselves look better, ive never heard of them using flash to do it
    Yeah, I think he's referring to the tendency to over contrast things and wash out their faces. That trend is annoying. Looks stupid anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Yeah, I think he's referring to the tendency to over contrast things and wash out their faces. That trend is annoying. Looks stupid anyway.
    BRILLIANT! Someone who isn't trying to find something wrong in my sentences, but the logical thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    Met a girl on Omegle that lives in California, i showed her my abs and she liked it and her face went like ":O!!!!" and she gave me her number. Now she says she wants to meet me and date me and she wants to fuck.

She says she thinks im cute, and i think she's cute too.

the fuck man.

Is she for real? And yes, she is real, and not a gif. I talked to her.

She lives like an hour away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 58Winner Winner x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    I'd say don't rush things. Take your time, don't appear as if this is something that doesn't happen everyday. You'll benefit from this, trust me.

Talk to her on the phone and see if she's authentic enough. I usually don't drive for women, personal preference, no particular law between those lines. If you want to... then have a blast.

Also, as you know, this is the internet. Be weary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    I'd say don't rush things. Take your time, don't appear as if this is something that doesn't happen everyday. You'll benefit from this, trust me.

Talk to her on the phone and see if she's authentic enough. I usually don't drive for women, personal preference, no particular law between those lines. If you want to... then have a blast.

Yea i won't rush. But what's puzzling me is that SHE is rushing. She already wants to date. I'm pretty sure she interacted with all the stuff i did or said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,220 Posts
    BRILLIANT! Someone who isn't trying to find something wrong in my sentences, but the logical thing.
    way to ignore my post
    we knew what you meant, it was just wrong. girls don't use flash to look good. you're thinking of them photoediting.

Edited:

lol he really is like the israeli maverick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #29
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,459 Posts
    but instead of the normal condescension we expected from maverick, this just mostly comes out as unintelligible blathering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    but instead of the normal condescension we expected from maverick, this just mostly comes out as unintelligible blathering
    On the basis of what are you saying this?

Edited:

Yea i won't rush. But what's puzzling me is that SHE is rushing. She already wants to date. I'm pretty sure she interacted with all the stuff i did or said.
    Don't let it bother you.

Edited:

way to ignore my post
    we knew what you meant, it was just wrong. girls don't use flash to look good. you're thinking of them photoediting.

....No I wasn't. That's just over-exposing the picture using flash. You find this disgusting as I do, good. But still, people, whether you like it or not, use this method to hide the imperfections on their faces. How is this hard to grasp?

I wasn't saying it makes women look good... I said, quote, "Flash is an intentional instrument in this age of low self-esteem".... do the two paragraphs together make sense now ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,459 Posts
    On the basis of what are you saying this?
    i'm saying it mostly based on the way you type. i don't know if it's the way you've learnt english, or how the sentence structure compares to your mother tongue (which i'm guessing is hebrew?), but if it's just you attempting to sound more intellectual by using long words then i would suggest you stop, because you're not getting it quite right and a lot of the time it leaves people wondering "what the heck is he trying to say??"

also you come across as having a much higher opinion of yourself than most of the people that are regulars in here, and that doesn't bode well for someone that (as far as i know) hasn't been active in these threads much before now. some things you say are valid, but you say them in a way that people either a) don't understand you or b) think you're being a dick.

so my suggestions to you are:

1. work on your sentence structure
    2. have a little more respect for the posters in here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree x 22Winner x 1Dumb x 1Funny x 1Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,220 Posts
    ....No I wasn't. That's just over-exposing the picture using flash. You find this disgusting as I do, good. But still, people, whether you like it or not, use this method to hide the imperfections on their faces. How is this hard to grasp?

I wasn't saying it makes women look good... I said, quote, "Flash is an intentional instrument in this age of low self-esteem".... do the two paragraphs together make sense now ?
    i'm trying to tell you that using flash hardly hides imperfections on faces. have you ever taken a picture with flash? it quite often makes them glaringly obvious, and i've never seen a girl use it like that. the sentence you wrote would make more sense as "Photoshop is an intentional instrument in this age of low self-esteem," although that's still awkwardly written what with the whole "intentional instrument" part which just sounds a little off

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    i'm trying to tell you that using flash hardly hides imperfections on faces. have you ever taken a picture with flash? it quite often makes them glaringly obvious, and i've never seen a girl use it like that. the sentence you wrote would make more sense as "Photoshop is an intentional instrument in this age of low self-esteem," although that's still awkwardly written what with the whole "intentional instrument" part which just sounds a little off
    Still, two people understood what I had in mind. This doesn't matter, I think you understand me by now.

Edited:

i'm saying it mostly based on the way you type. i don't know if it's the way you've learnt english, or how the sentence structure compares to your mother tongue (which i'm guessing is hebrew?), but if it's just you attempting to sound more intellectual by using long words then i would suggest you stop, because you're not getting it quite right and a lot of the time it leaves people wondering "what the heck is he trying to say??"

also you come across as having a much higher opinion of yourself than most of the people that are regulars in here, and that doesn't bode well for someone that (as far as i know) hasn't been active in these threads much before now. some things you say are valid, but you say them in a way that people either a) don't understand you or b) think you're being a dick.

so my suggestions to you are:

1. work on your sentence structure
    2. have a little more respect for the posters in here
    It's not 1, as I am intentionally writing this way. I express emotions using English's rich selection of words.

Respect... hmm. I find it odd people seek respect from those around them in the form of masks. I say things the way I see 'em, with my own personal opinion thrown in the mix. Whether I like it or not, I can't have control over people's thoughts of me, so this absurd notion of "have respect" is... absurd to me.

Though, I gladly accept the basic terms of speech (being nice, respectful to older that sort of thing) most humans use of course, but I don't see a need to lower myself so that others would feel less insecure around me (Nelson Mandela).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 17Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    Respect... hmm.
    it's things like that
    people talk that way, sure, but there's no need to type out all your pauses and thoughts
    it makes it seem like you think everything that comes out of your mouth (or in this case keyboard) is important enough to jot down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,220 Posts
    what Jo said, and it's not that you need to have the utmost respect for some posters in a thread, but we've been doing this here for a while and you think yourself so much higher than everyone else (which is completely evident by your comparing yourself to Nelson Mandela and saying you refuse to lower yourself to those around you (us, apparently)). you come off as a massive douche.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    ... not a good example, I must disagree. I started using these dots recently (4 posts ago~?) due to my impatience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,858 Posts
    Respect... hmm. I find it odd people seek respect from those around them in the form of masks. I say things the way I see 'em, with my own personal opinion thrown in the mix. Whether I like it or not, I can't have control over people's thoughts of me, so this absurd notion of "have respect" is... absurd to me.

Though, I gladly accept the basic terms of speech (being nice, respectful to older that sort of thing) most humans use of course, but I don't see a need to lower myself so that others would feel less insecure around me (Nelson Mandela).
    You control people more than they would like to think with words, influencing someone's opinion of you is a simple matter. Opinions can be expressed in many ways without the need for filtering, it is just a matter of what else your words say.

A need is irrelevant. Ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish here, would forcing others to be callous to you be helpful? Would you change your message in a way you oversee so it may be accepted or risk others hearing what they want rather than what you want?

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,220 Posts
    it's funny, because you keep disagreeing and arguing with everyone around you and saying they're all wrong, while they're all pretty united in their problems with you. it's you, or everyone else, and something's gotta give
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    what Jo said, and it's not that you need to have the utmost respect for some posters in a thread, but we've been doing this here for a while and you think yourself so much higher than everyone else (which is completely evident by your comparing yourself to Nelson Mandela and saying you refuse to lower yourself to those around you (us, apparently)). you come off as a massive douche.
    I respect you doing this for a while, but I have to. So what? I don't fling this fact around, I just say what I think. Again, I think this is more of "you disagree with what I say, so you disrespect me. Who are you to say what you say to me?"

Leaving this aside for a second, I don't care whether I come off as one. I've been coming off as one a lot, doesn't make this true. People hate the truth and that's a fact.

Finally, I was quoting him, not being him. I don't need to be great in order to quote the great. They're quotes for a reason - to aspire from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,858 Posts
    it's funny, because you keep disagreeing and arguing with everyone around you and saying they're all wrong, while they're all pretty united in their problems with you. it's you, or everyone else, and something's gotta give
    You should learn from it too. Majority and a sense of bullying the bullies does not change the forceful attitude you mirror. Show respect if you want to gain it.