1. Post #1
    January 2008
    6,422 Posts

Credits to Watevaman for logo.

Hello and welcome to our new thread!
    We've made it to V9, its been a fun ride of arguments, arguments, nameless images and more arguments.

[release]
    [h2]RULES[/h2]

Try to keep the images/videos/gifs/cave drawings you show interesting.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD POST THE NAME OF THE GAME YOU ARE SHOWING – I don’t care how obvious the game is, post the name of it. There is someone out there that will be interested and would like to know the name.

DO NOT Bitch when someone posts a BMP/PNG - this is a screenshot thread what did you expect? low quality images, nope!

DO NOT QUOTE LARGE GIFS.

DO NOT post Spoilers for recently released games – MEDIA TAGS DO NOT WORK SO YOU CANNOT HIDE THEM.

We are allowed to post LEAKED game image AS LONG AS you DO NOT say where/how you got it. That is classed as WAREZ and you will get banned.
    [/release]

[h2]Watevamans Tutorial[/h2]
       PM him to say who useful the tutorial is   

How to make quick .gifs: GIS Edition

Whatchu need:

-An input video in .avi format (FRAPS is what I use for game capture)
    -VirtualDub

Whatchu do:

I'm going to go ahead and assume you already have your video file in .avi format. If not, Google something called SUPER and get it into an .avi container.

With both VDub and your .avi video file at the ready, open up the VDub application (Veedub64 in my case) and you'll be greeted with a nice window that looks like this:

Can't do shit with this, so now what you want to do is take your video file and drag it into the VDub window, so now you'll have something like this:

If you're like me and you are recording fullscreen, you'll want to see both your input and output file so you can review how the .gif is going to come out. To resize the video you're seeing, right click the frame and select something managable like 50%:

As you can see in the shot above, there are now actually two frames on the screen. The one on the left (that you just resized to see the right one) is the video based on the input file. The one on the right is what you'll be seeing when you export your .gif. Keep this in mind as you work around.

Now that you have the program set up alright, it's time to get down to the .gif making. There are three main buttons that will help you when creating a .gif in VDub:

Home
    End
    Delete

Home is used to start a selection, End is used to stop the selection, and Delete will delete the selection. If you're deleting from the beginning of your .avi file, you don't need to start the selection with Home, simply create the endpoint by pressing End. In order to get finer control over which frames you're deleting, use the left and right arrow keys to go frame by frame. This can also be used to delete any duplicated frames, but be warned, as this can cause unwanted speed artifacts when you compile the .gif.

When you have narrowed down the area you wish to make a .gif of, it's time to make it reasonable enough to fit on the web. To do this, we're gonna have to resize and/or crop the frame. At the top of VDub, select Video>Filters. Then, select Add and scroll down to the Resize filter.

Because I'm using such a large native resolution, I usually choose a relative size of 25%. You can use any size that you choose, but remember that .gifs can get very large very fast and you don't want people having to load a 20MB .gif of your dancing elf in WoW.

You should notice now that the right frame has decreased in size:

This is good, as now you have a full feature preview of what your .gif will look like. If it's not looking good, you can go back to Video>Filters, select the Resize filter and then the "Cropping..." option to make it fit snug.

Once you're done with all this, go to File>Export>Animated GIF. Make sure you have selected "Infinite loop" or else the .gif will stop short.

Then, find the location you want to save it and hit Save. There you go, now you should have a .gif that you can upload to your site of choice and share with the world (aka this thread).

If you have any questions, just ask.

You can also make .gifs in some versions of Photoshop (I have CS4 and can), but there are tutorials all over the place for that, so I won't make one of those.
    [release]
    Shitty Archive
    V1:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/762...General+Ingame
    V2:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/832...creenshots!-v2
    V3:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/870...Primal-Edition
    V4:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/952...ink-of-a-title
    V5:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...V5.?highlight=
    V6:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/108...an-2048-x-4000
    V7:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...-game-is-that-
    V8:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...-Whore-Edition
    V9:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1152052
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts

The dawn of a new thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,282 Posts
    Well, I might as well put my screens from well-known Malkavian Mod for Deus Ex.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 36Winner Winner x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2008
    6,422 Posts
    Updated the rules, you can now post ridiculously large BMPs/PNGs, Just don't bitch when they break your 1995 dust covered PC.

EDIT

Apparently people don't like that rule, even though when it happens everyone will complain saying "It should be expected in this thread".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    1,571 Posts
    Truly did not see this coming.

FlatOut 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2008
    15,632 Posts

hm

skyrim is silly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2008
    6,422 Posts
    Nostalgia Post

Star Wars: Battlefront 2

F.E.A.R

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,839 Posts

More Tomb Radier: Underworld. The story is much better than I expected, most reviews said that it's instantly forgettable but I find Norse Mythology intriguing enough that it's given me reason enough to play through the bugs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,768 Posts
    Lord of Uberdark alpha 0.39
    decided to have some fun with water
    gonna fill this cave with water

made a little trench

also made a little cave

made a bridge

suddenly bmbs

this game has such an enormous potential to become something great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic x 18Winner x 5Agree x 3Friendly x 1Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,406 Posts

X3: Albion Prelude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,988 Posts
    Updated the rules, you can now post ridiculously large BMPs/PNGs, Just don't bitch when they break your 1995 dust covered PC.
    I'm not sure I agree with this one, as the difference between a PNG and a well-compressed JPG is pretty negligible now. My PC is plenty strong enough to handle it and I'm not worried about bandwidth, but it's pretty callous to dismiss the people who are not as fortunate.

My suggestion is that, if we are going to post those images, have them as links below the .jpg files. This will allow people who are on higher bandwidth restrictions to view the images, while still providing higher quality for those who so desire it. Also, BMP is a horrible format and should be avoided in favor of PNG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    891 Posts

Motion Blur really increases the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,988 Posts
    Motion Blur really increases the game.
    That is pretty damn impressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Is it merely orientation based, or object blur? I'd imagine being DX9 it doesn't have too good of object blur.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #15
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,687 Posts
    Man, the Steam servers need to get back to working smoothly again soon, because most of the images here aren't loading at all for me.

this game has such an enormous potential to become something great
    I must try that.

Edited:

Bombs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2007
    1,006 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,375 Posts
    Thought it was some arrow to the knee joke with "joke - your head" then I saw the werewolf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #18
    December 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Some Batman: Arkham City-

Should've called him small time.

The lighting can look really cool sometimes.

Serious Sam: BFE

And lastly, some RAGE. It's not that bad of a game, though I'm glad I got it during the sale and not full price.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    748 Posts
    Repost for new thread. Game is rFactor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    December 2009
    7,988 Posts
    fuck those sounds are awful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2011
    501 Posts

The dawn of a new thread
    4 is better!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,083 Posts
    decided to have some fun with water
    The more I see it the more it reminds me of the 3D Worms games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,768 Posts
    The more I see it the more it reminds me of the 3D Worms games.
    same art style, yes

however the gameplay is pretty much minecraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    4 is better!
    Haven't played 4, but 5 is absolute crap. All it has are fancy graphics. I've seen a LP of 4 tho and it indeed looks sweet, I was hoping it'd go on sale but sadly didn't. 3 is great fun too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

25. Post #25
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,902 Posts
    Haven't played 4, but 5 is absolute crap. All it has are fancy graphics. I've seen a LP of 4 tho and it indeed looks sweet, I was hoping it'd go on sale but sadly didn't. 3 is great fun too.
    4 is better!
    To each their own. I really liked 5.

Also Gnis, did you play on super arcade difficulty or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

26. Post #26
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,972 Posts
    spot the references!

Fallen Earth again

also this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,671 Posts

Just you average day on MTA : San Andreas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,909 Posts
    TOR's Clothing Physics, I spun so fast my cape got wrapped around my waist.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,282 Posts
    Moar Deus Ex:

So, can't fight ideas with bullets, eh? How about rockets?

Yep, they did just fine.

So, the main point of my lesson, kids - you CAN fight ideas with rockets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #30
    September 2007
    1,006 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    To each their own. I really liked 5.

Also Gnis, did you play on super arcade difficulty or what?
    No, I played with almost all the realism settings, but it was still really weird to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,375 Posts
    Half the pics are broken for me :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts

Fable 3 quality animations

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Tiny Bat
    March 2011
    1,755 Posts
    Half the pics are broken for me :(
    Half of them are steam pictures, which doesn't seem to work properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    December 2009
    1,750 Posts
    Not mine just thought it was cool.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,628 Posts
    Not mine just thought it was cool.

You shall not pass?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,406 Posts
    Highly modified DMC-12 in Forza Motorsport 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,310 Posts
    Here's to the release of my released skyrim enhancement bullshit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,435 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,871 Posts

Game is Team Buddies for PS1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)