Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,681 Posts
    [TABLE="width: 1, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Well then ladies and gentlemen, it appears to be getting to that time of the year again.
    get your dancing shoes on, marshmallows at the ready, and your cheap booze in your bags!

Once again will be returning to the beautiful setting of the lake district in the North west of England to host the 3rd installment of Camp Facepunch.

Im not the best person at writing descriptions of events and such so I'm gonna cut to the pictures and info about the past events.

Camp Facepunch started in 2010 situated on the outskirts of Grizedale forest in Cumbria, England.
    the first camp hosted around 15 members, this was a huge leap into the unknown.. Meeting up with people from the Internet in real life? Unsure whether it'd work and whether it'd be as awkward as it sounded, it went down and was a huge success.

Sure the forums did their digging, parading around spouting about the lack of alcohol in photos, and the depression on people's faces, but in actuality.. You just had to be there.

2011 brought another round of forest shenanigans, this time gathering around 25 members together, some who had never even seen the light of day..once again being a great success, expanding friendships, entertaining the locals and even setting forth a blossoming romance between 2 members. 2011 also had its fair share of scares, accidents and disasters, one including a mischievous Gold member, a can of propane and some misguided hands.. But all in all, another brilliant time in the great outdoors..

So please have a read through the previous threads, mooch at the pictures, and think to yourself if you'd like to take part this year.. It's gonna be a good one.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

•No lairy behaviour - this includes fighting, arson, cutting down trees, being a twat.
    •BYOB - nobody likes a moocher, if you can't afford to buy your own then you need a job.
    •Drivers - if you're driving to the camp, you're obliged to try your best to give other members near you rides, to which they can reimburse you with petrol money.
    •Keep tidy - don't litter the forest, the camp site owner has allowed us to stay the past 2 years, it'd be a shame to upset him. He's a lovely guy.
    •Noise - music and yelling during the day is usually fine (as long as I'm not hungover or asleep) but after 11pm try to maintain a lower noise level, remember that other people are camping in the woods.
    •Respect others and their property - don't steal someone's saucepan and then don't clean it.
    •Whiskey burgers - a camp tradition, if you want whiskey burgers, bring your own burgers. Simple as that.

AGING AND PRICING AND DATE

This year I will be enforcing an age limit that applys to all members, which is 18 - 27, or anyone born after May 8th 1985.
    This is due to the extra responsibility that is placed upon the oldest people who attend as anyone under 18 is technically their responsibility. There will also be alcohol at the campsite and having seen what happens with lesser experienced drinkers, we don't really want it to happen again. The rule is there for the safety of you and us, both physically and legally. Please don't try to convince us otherwise.

The date is set for
    Tuesday 10th July - Saturday 14th July

Pricing for 4 nights stay (£6 a night) is £24 which needs to be paid to me via PayPal NO LATER than July 1st.

PayPal address is: Dav0rFP@gmail.com

If you are serious about coming, please check the thread at the beginning of april for instructions on how to pay and secure your place when payment reopens.

Advanced train tickets will be available from around May (Date to be specified)

We have set a limit of 25 attendees, as this is how many we had last year and the space left was quite tight for any more tents.

If you are serious about attending, please fill in this form to help us set a few things straight.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NxbHc6MQ#gid=0

POSSIBLY ATTENDING

Konakona940
    morbo!!!
    Gareth
    joe588
    Barnhouse
    Lithifold
    Lewyjudge12
    tommo120
    Spog

When payment re-opens at the start of april, it will be first come first served.

ATTENDING - PAID (Early Bird)

1. Metallics
    2. TheHypnotoad
    3. Cushie
    4. PyroCF
    5. st0rmforce
    6. rampageturke
    7. ffffff-
    8.Viper
    9. Kondor58
    10. Dav0r
    11. Mattz333
    12. Vietnow
    13. CoolCorky
    14. Hezzy
    15. Jamie?!
    16. Dower
    17. mixed sources
    18. Sgt. Parakill
    19. Cosmic Duck
    20. Autumn
    21. LinΒ΅x
    22. Charlotte
    23. Tea
    24. redback3
    25. Robyn (Cushies bitch)

footnotes:
    Don't ask for plane tickets or moan about how you can't go.

The legal drinking age in the UK is 18
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 35Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts

Video from last year:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 30Winner x 19Artistic x 1Zing x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,617 Posts
    I wish I could go :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb x 40Agree x 25Funny x 3Disagree x 2Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2010
    4,404 Posts
    It's about time i went to one of these, let's see how it pans out...

5. Post #5
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,002 Posts
    Yeah, I'll be there!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    All depends on the dates, but stick me down as a possible for now :)

7. Post #7
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    fundraiser for para to come from america again, flights are $1000

http://paraforcamping2012.chipin.com...facepunch-2012

if you send any donations as a gift, paypal won't take any money, so please do so if you can!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 22Disagree x 3Funny x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2008
    604 Posts
    Tuesday 31st July - Saturday 4th August
    would be good as i will have finished my job by then. Although i'm not sure what i'm doing after

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,115 Posts
    my southern can is yours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2011
    1,747 Posts
    i always watch the videos of these and they always seem to be incredibly awkward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,115 Posts
    i always watch the videos of these and they always seem to be incredibly awkward
    maybe if you're watching bengleys videos... but how so from last years?

12. Post #12
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    i'm sad because america
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 57Funny Funny x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    Does this place have shower and toilet facilities?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,929 Posts
    no i believe you have to relieve yourselves in each others mouths and shower yourself with your own piss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 31Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    Yeah, proper male & female showers and toilets, as well as a room for washing up

16. Post #16
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,681 Posts
    Yes it does, the shower doesn't beat the one I built in the forest though.. was great, if not a bit on the cold side..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 28Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    I survived Camp FP 2011
    September 2010
    1,438 Posts
    Sweet, will probably be able to go again, but won't know for sure until I sort out what dregs of my student loan I have left at the end of the summer semester
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,955 Posts
    What's the deal with the upper age limit? Im not complaining it's just weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2007
    1,036 Posts
    Sorry para I'm skint at the moment :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    What's the deal with the upper age limit? Im not complaining it's just weird
    it's there to keep VNL away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 77Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    -Snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,528 Posts
    This year I will be enforcing an age limit that applys to all members, which is 18 - 27, or anyone born after May 8th 1985.
    Just wondering about the reasoning for this, I was planning on going but now I'll only be 16 at the time (I'm not moaning please don't ban me)

Edited:

Aw man now I have nothing to do In July
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

23. Post #23
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    June 2007
    1,662 Posts
    I really hope I can come this year. I couldn't make it last year due to resit exams, even though I'd already forked out for train tickets and camping fees
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2007
    2,575 Posts
    I'll be there! You can count on me.
    It wouldn't be the same without me.

Edited:

Or megaspeaker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,314 Posts
    Isn't that various shots of YOU cutting down a tree davor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 21Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    Just try to keep me away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    August 2010
    330 Posts
    Put me down as a mayby for now.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Count me in!

30. Post #30
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,467 Posts
    I'm there!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,995 Posts
    Being on the dole gives me the opportunity to attend this year. Thanks, taxpayers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Are we going to walk to the campsite chanting in robes this time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

33. Post #33
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    Are we going to walk to the campsite chanting in robes this time?
    That, except chanting Bass Cannon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 21Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    I'd be there but I don't have a fucking tent. Plus I'm awkward as fuck. Though James is a pretty chill guy.

35. Post #35
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    I'd be there but I don't have a fucking tent. Plus I'm awkward as fuck. Though James is a pretty chill guy.
    You were pretty sound at paintballing, nobodies perfect! And as for tents, most people try and organise tent sharing; last year someone bought a massive tent that about 4-5 people stayed in. Ask around and I'm sure you'll be able to get a tent with someone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

36. Post #36
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,002 Posts
    That, except chanting Bass Cannon.
    How do you spell that? :v

Edited:

People sharing tents is beneficial anyway because there isn't limitless space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    The Transparency Wizard
    September 2009
    1,498 Posts
    Even though I cant go, I wish you guys a good time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    I'm guessing that your lack of tentage is mainly an excuse you're making to yourself. If you can't get hold of one, I'm sure we'll be able to sort out spares or sharing.

By the way I'm pretty awkward as well, but I still had fun last year.

39. Post #39
    August 2010
    330 Posts
    If you are worried about being awkward, you are looking at the king of awkward here and I still wish to go for a second year, its good fun regardless or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    I wouldn't say Konakona or St0rmforce came across as awkward in the slightest. I think just talking and making conversation gets rid of the awkwardness when you're surrounded by like-minded people.

Kona I'm bringing my Game Of Thrones stein next year so we can drink mead and beer out of it and debate long into the night about what's going to happen!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)