1. Post #1
    September 2001
    12,387 Posts

http://garrysmod.com/post/14914062853
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 9Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,610 Posts
    Oh, glad these interviews are happening again. I love reading them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Wasn't JetBoom permabanned because he made one of those HORRIFIC GM9 Lua viruses?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,433 Posts
    Wasn't JetBoom permabanned because he made one of those HORRIFIC GM9 Lua viruses?
    Racehook
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #5
    Racehook
    That's the one. Bastard was horrible.

6. Post #6
    September 2001
    12,387 Posts
    I think he's given enough back to be forgiven for that. And to be fair I would have done the same thing just to prove it was possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly x 56Funny x 7Winner x 2Disagree x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,172 Posts
    Doesn't make up for his griefing in darkfall though :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,873 Posts
    I used to love that old gmod9 class based ctf style gamemode they had on gmod9, though i sucked at it

aha advanced fortwars, thats the one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    pg.
    September 2011
    324 Posts
    Is that the one that had a mage class that would spam "DO DO RAH" or "DO CHA EIN!"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,957 Posts
    nox was hella popular before dorkrp
    that ctf gamemode pretty much died but zs is still doing good

Edited:

Is that the one that had a mage class that would spam "DO DO RAH" or "DO CHA EIN!"?
    retro team play right here
    65.60.53.26:27016
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    RTP Master Race.

Though TP2 was far more fun, it ended up going nowhere (plus guns later on ruined it).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,904 Posts

Though TP2 was far more fun, it ended up going nowhere (plus guns later on ruined it).
    It was only a matter of time until someone found the perfect balance for a custom class, and people spent more time creating their classes than playing the actual gamemode. A shame really.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,362 Posts
    i always loved those NoXious servers; massive maps, base building, distinct classes, vehicles.

are those game modes still around?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    Welcome to darkfall. I heard you are butthurt.

You should join our ranks.

Also being good at pvp ,i.e kill lots of people, doesn't count as griefing. You're just mad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2008
    4,172 Posts
    Welcome to darkfall. I heard you are butthurt.

You should join our ranks.

Also being good at pvp ,i.e kill lots of people, doesn't count as griefing. You're just mad.
    Oh no i ain't part of the scrubs that get dominated by you guys, I just hear the constant crying about you all.
    Get's annoying when you hear it too often.

16. Post #16
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    Oh no i ain't part of the scrubs that get dominated by you guys, I just hear the constant crying about you all.
    Get's annoying when you hear it too often.
    Join us and you shal receive the publicity you want so bad.
    I know the feeling of being alone in a world of nothing(darkfall) and letting the bullies win.

Join our mumble server and we'll hook you up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2008
    4,172 Posts
    I know the feeling of being alone in a world of nothing(darkfall) and letting the bullies win.

Sounds like a great offer to be honest, Just can't be bothered resubbing.

18. Post #18
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    Half of us are basically running on trial accounts.

19. Post #19
    rogasm
    May 2010
    4,778 Posts
    JetBoom's super mario boxes gamemode was horribly underrated and underplayed; it was amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,577 Posts
    He was a fucking dick to me, but he made cool shit. So good stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,027 Posts
    My fondest memory of jetboom.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,925 Posts
    Dragoon ftw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    1,970 Posts
    Was it NoxiousNet that had the Super Smash Bros gamemode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    I used to play ZS, but then JetBoom/someone else fucked it up beyond all recognition. It's not fun anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

25. Post #25
    November 2007
    1,396 Posts
    I used to play ZS, but then JetBoom/someone else fucked it up beyond all recognition. It's not fun anymore.
    The addition of Boohouse ruined it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    The addition of Boohouse ruined it for me.
    One map ruined your whole experience? Wow.

If you want maps to be removed, then make a post on the forum. Don't make silent protests. Shitty maps rarely get played due to player map voting anyways(even thought not 100% true).

The new objective based maps are also very fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    My fondest memory of jetboom.

What about Map of the Problematique?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,982 Posts
    i respect any community leader that says rp is for manchildren and won't ban for stupid shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2008
    1,691 Posts
    JetBoom's super mario boxes gamemode was horribly underrated and underplayed; it was amazing.
    This was all I ever played in Gmod a few years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,027 Posts
    What about Map of the Problematique?
    It would play none stop on one of the viruses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,280 Posts
    I didn't like super mario boxes. Every match was just the guy with guns spawncamping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    949 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A CHOIR BOY COMPARED TO ME, A CHOIR BOY." that showed up in console, one of his "Virus" things?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Good song at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    WELCOME TO DARKFALL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    585 Posts
    WELCOME TO DARKFALL.
    oh dear

36. Post #36
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,533 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the "YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A CHOIR BOY COMPARED TO ME, A CHOIR BOY." that showed up in console, one of his "Virus" things?
    Meh, Jetboom's viruses are/were nothing compared to "CHRISASTER IS AWESOME"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,192 Posts

Internet dark side

38. Post #38

December 2011
    260 Posts
    I don't know anything about how it was in GM9, but I stopped by a Noxious ZM server recently and it was pretty grave. Tons of meme-spouting dudes and just all-around immaturity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,698 Posts
    I've personally always liked NoXiousNet, it's given me something to aim for in my own community. Great to see an interview from JetBoom himself.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,350 Posts
    I had always thought ZS was dead and JetBoom went inactive like TetaBonita. Great to see that a fun gamemode still survives and a good coder is still active.