1. Post #1
    December 2009
    511 Posts
    Okay, I joined a gym a few weeks ago, and I started out cycling, and most recently I've started to jog 5mph on the treadmill. I'm about 200 pounds right now, and I want to lose at least 40 pounds. Problem is- about 2-4 minutes into the jog, I get this weird stingy pain in my rib around right lung or around there. Will this go away in time or do I need to talk to my doctor?

Also, I've calculated that I consume about 1200-ish calories a day. I don't know if I'm allowed to eat at night if I'm trying to lose weight though. I go home from school at 4, then eat a small meal and go to the gym and head back home at 7. I get kinda hungry at by then but I heard alot of people say not to eat after 6. My mom also isn't home until 8ish at night so there's no dinner till 9. Is it bad if I eat during this time or should I just starve it off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2010
    14 Posts
    called a cramp... eat bananas and drink at least a liter of water

3. Post #3
    December 2009
    511 Posts
    is that for night hunger or to help the cramp

4. Post #4
    March 2010
    7,902 Posts
    It's just stitches. The banana has potassium which helps with cramps. Also make sure you're warming up properly and not eating heavily before hand (the banana is fine). It should go away as you run more and your body adapts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,068 Posts
    You've seriously never experienced side stitches before?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2008
    468 Posts
    Make sure to take a dump before running, never have the stomach full..

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,316 Posts
    Don't breath with your chest, try to take breath with your diaphragm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,045 Posts
    called a cramp... eat bananas and drink at least a liter of water
    This. Cramps are normal when you're getting in shape. Make sure you're hydrated (carry a water bottle everywhere and drink from it all day) and you're getting your electrolytes. Sodium's easy, you probably get more than you actually need through salt, and magnesium and potassium, you can get from certain fruits like bananas and meats.

You can also massage them to help with the pain, and make sure you're not working out on a full stomach, that seems to cause cramps for me too.