1. Post #1
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    [release]
    [/release]

New version with some fixed and new recipe will come out soon, suggest recipes and maps now!

I should remind you all that this gamemode still needs beta-testers.
    What is a Beta-Tester actually?
    That person who pushes test-assigned game/program to its limit to discover bugs and glitches so that the developer can fix them.
    Therefore Beta-Testers should not simply play the gamemode but actually help the developer.
    [release]
    Game Info
    TeamSpeak server: frostbittengaming.com -- Still alive!
    Israel Server: 84.110.0.26:27015[/B](Click to connect) Thanks 2Sec-S[h]ipStree[T]-GOAT-!
    Australia Server: 119.252.191.60:27015(Click to connect) Thanks Jarrod!
    US FastDL Server: frostbittengaming:27016(Click to connect) Thanks FrstBtn | powerdpower!
    [B]Europe FastDL Server: (Click to connect) Thanks Aftokinito!

Map(There will probably be a custom one soon!):

Gamemode Download:

[release]
    What is this?:
    Monster Hunting is a gamemode inspired by Monster Hunter (duh). It's a mix of game mechanics and features, third person shoulder-view shooter. You can craft stuff and use any prop as melee weapon or crafting item. You have an inventory and backpack, where all items are stored when your inventory is full.
    This gamemode's main goal is completing coming-soon quests and reach the final level, but you can free-roam and kill the NPCs you find on your way and use found loot to craft new armor parts, weapons, turrets, and more.

If you wish to help me scripting this, mail me at wolfosobastardo@gmail.com or add me on Steam
    [/release]

[release]
    Bugs/Glitches:
    *Throwmode might get stucked if pressed in a certain situation, probably when activating it before running.
    [/release]

[release]
    Media:
    TUTORIAL: FOLLOW IT!

Crafting game-play
    Basic game-play
    More in-depth combat
    Explanatory game-play
    soon
    Screenshots
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfoso...ilter=app_4000
    first-person screenshot are first-person tests but it won't be used in the gamemode unless you type allow_firstperson 1(in console)
    [/release]

[release]
    Credits:
    Flora for Fixing-guide
    Jason278 for Scaling, smoothing, porting and skin groups - Backpack Model
    SedPL for Modelling and skinning - Backpack Model
    [/release]

Will most probably change name later

Want to give some support?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Lua King x 15Winner x 4Artistic x 2Funny x 2Disagree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,821 Posts
    At first i thought it was going to be a gamemode where you have to hunt the monster man (the guy with a antlion head)

Then i read more.

Sounds interesting, i remember reading some hentai on monster hunter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    159 Posts
    Its wolfo :O, well good luck, cant wait to see some screens for this :D.

4. Post #4
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    I was actually planning to put this gamemode in good hands so that I could continue Resource Wars, but I'd rather make a new RTS in C#.

5. Post #5
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,547 Posts
    If I were you, I'd definetly go further than lua, like making games in C# etc. Good luck with that, and this gamemode sounds fun to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Faroe Islands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    672 Posts
    I absolutely loved the first Monster Hunter game for the PS2.

I can't wait to play the same game but in GMod!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    241 Posts
    Big up to you Wolfo, you have so much talent. Hope you are still well and look forward to this!

8. Post #8
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    I absolutely loved the first Monster Hunter game for the PS2.

I can't wait to play the same game but in GMod!
    Sorry to disappoint you but it won't be the same. I once tried using the exactly same gameplay mechanics of Monster Hunter in garry's mod, but it was just too hard and not worth it as not enough people would appreciate it; gameplay mechanics will be more like a common third-person shooter, twisted and revamped a little (like dodging).
    Yet it will have those things that'll make it as fun as Monster Hunter to play, like crafting armor, healthkits, bombs and so on.

Big up to you Wolfo, you have so much talent. Hope you are still well and look forward to this!
    Thanks a lot!

I should remind you all that this gamemode still needs beta-testers.
    What is a Beta-Tester actually?
    That person who pushes test-assigned game/program to its limit to discover bugs and glitches so that the developer can fix them.
    Therefore Beta-Testers should not simply play the gamemode but actually help the developer.

9. Post #9
    September 2010
    6,550 Posts
    I was one of the first beta testers. I played this gamemode when Wolfo just started development. It was a lot fun, even tought there were a lot of features lacking.
    If you can, try it out. You won't regret it

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    I was one of the first beta testers. I played this gamemode when Wolfo just started development. It was a lot fun, even tought there were a lot of features lacking.
    If you can, try it out. You won't regret it
    Thanks!

Hell yeah uploading is finally done!

11. Post #11
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,447 Posts
    your attachment system needs to be updated on the client too, like in ENT:Draw. those attachments lagging behind is really annoying and it looks like it's being done in think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    your attachment system needs to be updated on the client too, like in ENT:Draw. those attachments lagging behind is really annoying and it looks like it's being done in think
    It is updated in Draw() clientside and it isn't done in Think(). I think Jvs' suggested functions fixed it because it only did so while recording, probably due to low FPS.

13. Post #13
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    not ENT:Draw is the problem I have the same problem with my armor system :/

Edited:

Try SetRenderOrigin instead of SetPos ofc only if u use that.Tell me the result please xd

14. Post #14
    July 2010
    383 Posts

Edited:

Try SetRenderOrigin instead of SetPos ofc only if u use that.Tell me the result please xd
    Those were Jvs' suggested functions, SetRenderOrigin and SetRenderAngles. Armor lag decreased a lot but it's still a little present.
    Only when moving though, the faster you move the greater entity's lag will be. Moving your view around doesn't make it lag at all, while SetPos did both but looked like less.

-Just noticed that SetPos lags when moving view while RenderOrigin lags when moving player. Weird.

15. Post #15
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    :/ I have the same problem
    I worked 20 hours on it but without any success :/

16. Post #16
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    :/ I have the same problem
    I worked 20 hours on it but without any success :/
    Looks like DrawModel()ing before setting RenderOrigin and Angles was the problem... not sure though, haven't tested multiplayer yet.
    Yep. It works. :D
    Dunno why though, sometimes armor disappears.

Edited:

Basic game-play

17. Post #17
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,447 Posts

Edited:

spell like a normal person it's fucking annoying.

btw good job fixing it. read my pm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    it disappears because draw works only when u see the model and sometimes u can't [dunno why] so it doesn't draw then. I reccomend u to use wider thirdperson to fix that

Edited:

Sorry for my bad english :/

19. Post #19
    October 2009
    5,612 Posts
    The gameplay is fucking epic the HUD is EVEN MORE

20. Post #20
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Maybe it works just somewhy dunno, but I used both SetPos and SetRenderOrigin and it moves fine and doesn't dissapear

Edited:

Well, very rearly it does :S but much better.

21. Post #21
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    Maybe it works just somewhy dunno, but I used both SetPos and SetRenderOrigin and it moves fine and doesn't dissapear

Edited:

Well, very rearly it does :S but much better.
    Yeah I did the same but only to backpack and as you can see in the video, the backpack is never visible alone, which means it changes nothing. Soz.

The gameplay is fucking epic the HUD is EVEN MORE
    btw good job fixing it.

FUCKING FIXED disappearing armor!
    Listen up folks: Keep drawing those models in PostPlayerDraw hook, that's how you do it!

Moar in-depth combat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2009
    483 Posts
    Good job ;)

23. Post #23
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,145 Posts
    Man, i'd love to play this.

24. Post #24
    October 2011
    221 Posts
    We meet again 240p.

This looks fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2009
    5,612 Posts
    video is not available?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    Youtube says the video is still processing even though it was uploaded 1 day ago.
    Will make another one soon anyway.
    Also, thank you all for all the support!

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    This is way too good to be made by Wolfo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    Alright, Open Beta Server's UP!
    Server: 8.22.13.39:27016 (Click to connect)
    Map:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    October 2009
    5,612 Posts
    HOLY SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    Oh sorry, server's owner is uploading the map to FastDL so wait a bit, I'll tell you when the server is back and playable.
    You can still join though, it will probably lag.

Everything's done. Server's ready to get players!

Experiencing some problems :| some players download clientside part, others don't, trying to fix.

31. Post #31
    June 2010
    1,555 Posts
    Oh sorry, server's owner is uploading the map to FastDL so wait a bit, I'll tell you when the server is back and playable.
    You can still join though, it will probably lag.

Everything's done. Server's ready to get players!

Experiencing some problems :|
    Are you currently making custom maps for this gamemode?

32. Post #32
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    Are you currently making custom maps for this gamemode?
    Server's Owner has a friend who could make a custom map with day/night... so that's on the TODO list.

Try joining and post here if you are experiencing the "Bugged Camera" problem.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    672 Posts
    .. I'm confused about two things:

How do I equip armor?

How do I find ammo?

34. Post #34
    June 2010
    39 Posts
    Hey, I just realized that the server keeps on randomly crashing or restarting. Wolfo I think its something to do with your code...

Edited:

also, I added the rest of the server content (EP2) to the server so hunters work now.

35. Post #35
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    .. I'm confused about two things:

How do I equip armor?

How do I find ammo?
    You just need to craft it(try throwing an antlion gib near the table), there is still no character menu, which I will add next gmod update.
    As for ammo, it's the same, you just craft them. I will make it display the name of what you can craft too

Hey, I just realized that the server keeps on randomly crashing or restarting. Wolfo I think its something to do with your code...

Edited:

also, I added the rest of the server content (EP2) to the server so hunters work now.
    Crashing was probably due to EP2 props, I don't see anything else that could make it crash so awesome working hunters, you are all screwed .

TeamSpeak server: 8.22.13.39

36. Post #36
    July 2010
    383 Posts
    News
    The TeamSpeak server: 8.22.13.39 is on, just go to the Monster Hunter Beta section
    I'm working on a Mouse Based 3D2D menu for armor management:
    Made a TODO List:
    Armor Management [DONE]
    *Top 10 players with most experience
    ***More Crosshairs + fix current one - people complained about dark crosshair so..
    ***Chest System - Unsure about this.. if I don't get SQL working, there would be too much stuff to save.
    **NPC Vendors and Quest Dealers
    Got any suggestions? Post 'em here!

37. Post #37
    July 2010
    17 Posts
    Looks like a good game mode. Could beat your previous modes :p.

I look forward to trying it out.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    672 Posts
    Looks like a good game mode. Could beat your previous modes :p.

I look forward to trying it out.
    You already can.

The beta server is up; all you have to do is to use the IP in the OP.

Or you could search for all servers hosting with gm_mobenix_v3_final (subject to change).

39. Post #39
    July 2010
    17 Posts
    You already can.

The beta server is up; all you have to do is to use the IP in the OP.

Or you could search for all servers hosting with gm_mobenix_v3_final (subject to change).

I should have made my post clearer. I can't try it now because I have Gmod uninstalled. I need to re install it first.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    672 Posts
    I should have made my post clearer. I can't try it now because I have Gmod uninstalled. I need to re install it first.
    Ah, excuse me then.