1. Post #1
    August 2010
    2,838 Posts
    this evening, I tried to flash clockworkrecovery onto my samsung galaxy gio.
    after this failing multiple times, and it softbricking, I decided I'd try a stock upgrade first, to see if it would work then.
    the point is, the phone was still running on a broken firmware before the upgrade, which meant, whenever I tried to boot the phone in any modus other than standard or firmware download, it would refuse to boot in any modus after, bu I would still be able to reflash the phone.
    so I decided I would do a firmware upgrade with samsung Kies, which, when the phone was rebooted by it, caused it to be bricked.
    My phone now literally is a brick, I can't even get the backlight to turn on whatever I do.
    is there anything I can do to fix the thing?

running android 2.1.4

Edited:

apparently there's a JTAG solder trick, but if it'd be possible to fix it without soldering that would be great.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,205 Posts
    this evening, I tried to flash clockworkrecovery onto my samsung galaxy gio.
    after this failing multiple times, and it softbricking, I decided I'd try a stock upgrade first, to see if it would work then.
    the point is, the phone was still running on a broken firmware before the upgrade, which meant, whenever I tried to boot the phone in any modus other than standard or firmware download, it would refuse to boot in any modus after, bu I would still be able to reflash the phone.
    so I decided I would do a firmware upgrade with samsung Kies, which, when the phone was rebooted by it, caused it to be bricked.
    My phone now literally is a brick, I can't even get the backlight to turn on whatever I do.
    is there anything I can do to fix the thing?

running android 2.1.4

Edited:

apparently there's a JTAG solder trick, but if it'd be possible to fix it without soldering that would be great.
    So you can't get into download? Hmmm.
    You'll have to order yourself a USB Jig to force it to boot, it's a Micro-USB connector with a 501kOhm load across it. People on XDA-Developers sell then, a little Google-ing or eBaying will show up results.

3. Post #3
    August 2010
    2,838 Posts
    So you can't get into download? Hmmm.
    You'll have to order yourself a USB Jig to force it to boot, it's a Micro-USB connector with a 501kOhm load across it. People on XDA-Developers sell then, a little Google-ing or eBaying will show up results.
    thanks, looking it up now, I may even be able to make one myself according to how simple it sounds.

Edited:

nevermind, going to buy me one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2010
    2,838 Posts
    the usb jig did not work, I think it's about time to RMA it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2010
    2,838 Posts
    got it back from repairs, the motherboard, screen, and battery were replaced.

I think me flashing the device just did what was due to happen anyways, make it break down on unreliable parts.

6. Post #6
    August 2010
    46 Posts
    Irhdhdhdhdhddhdhdhdhdvddbdgdhdhdhdh

(User was banned for this post ("Shit reply" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)