1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,720 Posts
    Hello, today I am here to discuss the "most awful thing to walk our planet",

the Gays.

What is my opinion on them?
    They're humans. They're like us and in my opinion they should be treated as if they were no different. Who they like should not conflict with how you treat them (respect wise, as if you were to treat a gay navy officer the same as a straight navy officer). This debate has been going on in threads like "same-sex marriage", but I think this is more specific on the one homosexuality concept.

I believe we should treat gay's as if nothing were different about them.

Give me your opinion, Facepunch.

(sorry, title mess up, didn't read it. should be "what's wrong with them")
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,460 Posts
    Misguided idea that it is a choice to be gay, although it's probably not "born gay!" either. Combined with religious bigotry.

Incidentally both are quite rare on Facepunch, as is homophobia en générale. This isn't really a big issue here.

3. Post #3
    October 2009
    1,923 Posts
    Honestly, there's no difference I can see; other than what they like to do with their genitals. I mean, I love gay people, all my ex girlfriends are lesbians now.

It seems like a religious issue to me more than anything, especially among older people. That and people just fearing things that are different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    November 2007
    11,460 Posts
    I mean, I love gay people, all my ex girlfriends are lesbians now.
    that's quite, ah, open to interpretation

5. Post #5
    October 2009
    1,923 Posts
    that's quite, ah, open to interpretation
    that was somewhat of a joke, but true. They say they're bi.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    830 Posts
    Honestly, there's no difference I can see; other than what they like to do with they're genitals. I mean, I love gay people, all my ex girlfriends are lesbians now.

It seems like a religious issue to me more than anything, especially among older people. That and people just fearing things that are different.
    You converted all your girlfriends to lesbians?
    Kickin' rad.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,234 Posts
    I'm not against gays, I have gay friends and I don't think of them or treat them any differently.

However, I do believe that homosexuality is a mental condition, whether the result of being exposed to certain things during adolescence or simply the way that the brain can develop. Essentially it's the same respect as paedophilia or people who can 'fall in love' or feel sexually attracted to inanimate objects; it's not necessarily a problem, but it isn't 'right'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

8. Post #8
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    I still don't understand what's wrong with choosing to be gay or being born. Why is either option bad?

9. Post #9
    hey
    August 2006
    5,307 Posts
    There is literally nothing wrong with people who have a different sexual preference. It is observed among different species, including house flies.

10. Post #10
    November 2007
    11,460 Posts
    I'm not against gays, I have gay friends and I don't think of them or treat them any differently.

However, I do believe that homosexuality is a mental condition, whether the result of being exposed to certain things during adolescence or simply the way that the brain can develop. Essentially it's the same respect as paedophilia or people who can 'fall in love' or feel sexually attracted to inanimate objects; it's not necessarily a problem, but it isn't 'right'.
    It would be nice to get more proper studies on the causes.

11. Post #11
    There's is literally nothing wrong with people who have a different sexual preference. It is observed among different species, including house flies.
    maybe house flies weren't the right one to choose for comparison because house flies are huge fucking ASSHOLES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #12
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,605 Posts
    Homosexual people are just as much a person as heterosexuals, there is no just reason to discriminate against someone for their sexual orientation.

Edited:

I still don't understand what's wrong with choosing to be gay or being born. Why is either option bad?
    Because it's not a choice?

13. Post #13
    hey
    August 2006
    5,307 Posts
    Some people critique homosexuality as a form of sexual deviancy and play the blame game with them 'choosing'.

On the other hand, it is an outright logical fallacy to judge someone from the way they are born.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,720 Posts
    Before I get a "omg fucking religion fag don't believe in g0d!11 <<::&&", I'm not a Saint.

I am Catholic, and I'm not sure what our concept is for gays, but if they are "sex should be of the opposite", I disagree with it. I don't know whether I'm full on if it's a choice or biological, but either way, I think they should still be treated and accepted by God (if there is one, for the atheists).

Actually, let me rephrase that. I have a 99.9% feeling that it is biological, due to the nature of how they act.

15. Post #15
    hey
    August 2006
    5,307 Posts
    maybe house flies weren't the right one to choose for comparison because house flies are huge fucking ASSHOLES
    Regular house flies follow certain behavior traits because that's what they do. Certain biological factors can influence a little critter's sexual preference, as I've stated before.

16. Post #16
    March 2011
    641 Posts
    Because gays are different? They often act different and have a different sexual preference. You usually cannot treat a gay man the same as a normal man because they're different on hormonal and neurological levels.

There are exceptions to this rule as always, but this holds true most of the time.

I'm not saying to treat them bad, but pointing out that there is a difference. When you are different you're either hated for it or loved for it.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,286 Posts
    all my ex girlfriends are lesbians now.
    Do you happen to be George Costanza?

And in the end, it's predominantly religious tied, and the only time I've noticed it not is usually just immature kids who are uncomfortable with anything besides the norm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #18
    hey
    August 2006
    5,307 Posts
    Do you happen to be George Costanza?

And in the end, it's predominantly religious tied, and the only time I've noticed it not is usually just immature kids who are uncomfortable with anything besides the norm.
    Anyone can pull up any reason to hate a sexuality. Of course it is bunk, but there are plenty of non-religious reasons why someone would exercise hating homosexuals.

19. Post #19
    June 2010
    3,618 Posts
    Because gays are different? They often act different and have a different sexual preference. You usually cannot treat a gay man the same as a normal man because they're different on hormonal and neurological levels.

There are exceptions to this rule as always, but this holds true most of the time.

I'm not saying to treat them bad, but pointing out that there is a difference. When you are different you're either hated for it or loved for it.
    Hormonal levels? That doesn't happen very often iirc. Please enlighten me.

20. Post #20
    December 2009
    10,152 Posts
    Honestly, there's no difference I can see; other than what they like to do with they're genitals.
    they are genitals

hehehehehe

Edited:

I don't think there's anything wrong with me.
    I'm not all "hay guys~"
    Most people who know me were surprised when I came out.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,286 Posts
    Anyone can pull up any reason to hate a sexuality. Of course it is bunk, but there are plenty of non-religious reasons why someone would exercise hating homosexuals.
    I'm sure other people have their own reasons for their view on it, but from what I've personally seen, it's either religiously tied or they are just uncomfortable around that sort of thing, which is why I said it is mainly religiously tied, not only.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,688 Posts
    I just had a conversation with a Mormon friend of mine.

What he said was, that homosexuality isn't wrong, it's just a sin and against the commandments.
    Well, that's redundant, considering the fact that it should only be a sin if it's wrong.

Also, the only actual non-religious answer I've really heard is "It's just icky." So enlighten me on what other reasons people have come up with.

And living in Texas, I deal with anti-gay bullshit on a daily basis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

23. Post #23
    hey
    August 2006
    5,307 Posts
    I just had a conversation with a Mormon friend of mine.

What he said was, that homosexuality isn't wrong, it's just a sin and against the commandments.
    Well, that's redundant, considering the fact that it should only be a sin if it's wrong.

Also, the only actual non-religious answer I've really heard is "It's just icky." So enlighten me on what other reasons people have come up with.
    Some people have used the "natural order" philosophy as an argument against homosexuality. Considering that this is pseudoscience, well, you get the idea.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,230 Posts
    I don't know whether I'm full on if it's a choice or biological, but either way, I think they should still be treated and accepted by God (if there is one, for the atheists).

Actually, let me rephrase that. I have a 99.9% feeling that it is biological, due to the nature of how they act.
    once i woke up and decided i would be gay that day

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,286 Posts
    Before I get a "omg fucking religion fag don't believe in g0d!11 <<::&&", I'm not a Saint.

I am Catholic, and I'm not sure what our concept is for gays, but if they are "sex should be of the opposite", I disagree with it. I don't know whether I'm full on if it's a choice or biological, but either way, I think they should still be treated and accepted by God (if there is one, for the atheists).

The biological (as in, before birth) debate is partially valid, since in some fields of scientists, there's still debates on whether who a person is mentally is destined before birth through genes, or as a product of their environment, but no doubt it's not a choice. People who say that it is a choice are the same type of people who would have though diseases in the 17th century that weren't known about were caused by witchcraft(a la Salem Witch Trials), and that mental disorders like schizophrenia were caused by demonic possession.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,750 Posts
    Gay sex sounds insanely hot and mischevious because you have to hide it from lots of people. Legalizng gay marriage feels like it would take all the thrill out of it, but that's just my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #27
    November 2007
    11,460 Posts
    Mm, gay sex is pretty revolting to me but that's just me!

28. Post #28
    December 2009
    10,152 Posts
    mmm gay sex

29. Post #29
    November 2007
    11,460 Posts
    I'd never date a guy. Girls have much cuter feet.

That's my honest opinion.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,720 Posts
    Do you have a foot fetish?

31. Post #31
    November 2007
    11,460 Posts
    Possibly. Yes.

32. Post #32
    December 2009
    10,152 Posts
    it's a honest to god fact, i'm not a foot fetishist but i can notice a good pair of feet when i see em

they're not often on guys.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    While you've excluded the idea of someone becoming gay without it being a decision, I agree with your general sentiment.

Why is the "born gay" debate even around? I don't think it matters if people are genetically determined to be gay, they just are gay. The cause of it doesn't make homosexuality worse or better. It's an irrelevant point that people bring up.

34. Post #34
    November 2007
    11,460 Posts
    ... I would approve of it a lot less if it were a choice.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,656 Posts

Superiority complex detected? They can't really be your friends if you think they have some sort of mental condition and put them in the same category as paedophiles or oddly enough people who fall in love or object sexuality. You're whole idea of what is right is really opinionated because guess what buddy, morality is pretty much defined by the viewer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    ... I would approve of it a lot less if it were a choice.
    Why?

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,656 Posts
    Actually Jebus I think you saying you have gay friends is pretty bollocks, or you're actually quite homophobic. Are they aware of your opinion on them? That you think they are mentally disturbed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #38
    i chose to be gay because being picked on and having stones thrown at me until near death turns me on

makes my nipples soooo hardd UNNFFF FUCK HOT

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,795 Posts
    The only reason I could see someone speaking out against the gay lifestyle is because of it's counterproductive nature to society.

40. Post #40
    December 2009
    10,152 Posts
    The only reason I could see someone speaking out against the gay lifestyle is because of it's counterproductive nature to society.
    Hardly. If everyone spawned like a hetero then we'd have even more of an overpopulation issue now