1. Post #1
    November 2009
    571 Posts
    Debate about your Pro-legalization vs Prohibition..

I would say the legalization of all drugs would cut down on crimes.

Now how about you?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,933 Posts
    If people want to fuck up their lives then that's fine with me, as long as they don't hurt others.

3. Post #3
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,862 Posts
    legalise weed so it can be moderated properly.

personally i hate the smell of weed, but i don't think it should be illegal.

4. Post #4
    I vote for legalization, as long as there are no hard drugs.(Heroin,meth,cocaine)

5. Post #5
    January 2009
    1,095 Posts
    If people want to fuck up their lives then that's fine with me, as long as they don't hurt others.
    What about people who start using drugs and then cause their friends start using too?
    Edited:
    Oh and I think weed should be legalized, because as far as I know (and correct me if I am wrong) it does no damage to your brain, only lungs, like cigarettes.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Legalize "low-level" drugs, such as marijuana, but regulate them.

I'd rather not like to see the future generation(s) grow up on pot.

7. Post #7
    June 2011
    8,810 Posts
    Legalize marijuana, keep the rest illegal.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,034 Posts
    Pro-legalization of soft drugs such as weed, yes. Weed should become a respected soft drug, such as caffeine, alcohol and nicotine.

I'm not sure about hard drugs; because they're almost "instantly" addict-able and harder to regulate, but I've seem some countries legalize hard drugs, with almost only positive effects on the population. Still, because I can't offer any other arguments, I'll keep it to "soft-drugs" for now.

9. Post #9
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,793 Posts
    LEGALISE ME SUM WEED BITCHES

(User was banned for this post ("dumb post" - Gurant))

10. Post #10
    Steins;Gate SUCKS
    October 2008
    5,063 Posts
    It's kind of a lost battle isn't it?

If you keep it banned, it will be dealt by criminals who'll make money off it and possibly move onto serious crimes, and if you legalize it you run the risk of people starting abusing the drug.

11. Post #11
    September 2009
    2,756 Posts
    I say we legalize weed, no information leading to it being dangerous or "addictive".

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    2,119 Posts
    I vote for legalization, as long as there are no hard drugs.(Heroin,meth,cocaine)
    I don't support the legalisation of the production and sale of hard drugs, but just because the drug has more potential to harm you doesn't change the fact that the governement punishing you for doing what you want with your own body is an abomination against personal liberty.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    977 Posts
    It's kind of a lost battle isn't it?

If you keep it banned, it will be dealt by criminals who'll make money off it and possibly move onto serious crimes, and if you legalize it you run the risk of people starting abusing the drug.
    Are you implying that weed isn't in any way abused now, when it's illegal?
    The only harmful thing about legalizing weed is that more people will be exposed to it.
    I also think that the major drug cartels are lobbying the drug on wars to a certain extent, because, if drugs were legal, they'd lose their venue.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,933 Posts
    Legalize marijuana, keep the rest illegal.
    Legalising one but not all is kind of silly.

15. Post #15
    Gratuitous Penis Exposure Moderator
    September 2005
    4,229 Posts
    Legalize everything. Every person has the right to do exactly what they want with their bodies.

And legalization will kill the black market for drugs, a market we so often hear "funds terrorism, crime and murder".

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,017 Posts
    I think all drugs should be decriminalized, but the public should be PROPERLY educated about them. The money we spend on fighting drugs now could be spent fighting drug addiction and educating the public about safe usage and what can really kill you.

Portugal's decriminalization of drugs had an amazing effect.
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=portugal-drug-decriminalization posted:
    In the face of a growing number of deaths and cases of HIV linked to drug abuse, the Portuguese government in 2001 tried a new tack to get a handle on the problem—it decriminalized the use and possession of heroin, cocaine, marijuana, LSD and other illicit street drugs. The theory: focusing on treatment and prevention instead of jailing users would decrease the number of deaths and infections.

Five years later, the number of deaths from street drug overdoses dropped from around 400 to 290 annually, and the number of new HIV cases caused by using dirty needles to inject heroin, cocaine and other illegal substances plummeted from nearly 1,400 in 2000 to about 400 in 2006, according to a report released recently by the Cato Institute, a Washington, D.C, libertarian think tank.
    Source

In America we'd also have the benefit of taking revenue away from the Mexican drug cartels. Overall, I think that decriminalization would be the best path for any country to take in truly protecting its people from drugs.

17. Post #17
    April 2011
    2,648 Posts
    I actually am in very strong favor of audio file drugs. None of the side effects of doing drugs (long term anyway) and they get you just as high.

The only problem with them is the fact that you can hurt your ears. Pretty low consequence to being high all the time.

18. Post #18
    If weed was legalized they could make money from it.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,695 Posts
    Legalize everything. Every person has the right to do exactly what they want with their bodies.

And legalization will kill the black market for drugs, a market we so often hear "funds terrorism, crime and murder".
    I agree with your liberal ideals, but the problem is that in societies such as ours (Scandinavian), it is the entire population that ends up with the bill when someone abuses a drug and becomes sick as a result of it. If everyone would use drugs responsibly this wouldn't be an issue. It's much the same argument with seatbelts really. On one hand it should be up to the individual whether you want to die in traffic or not, but when you look closer it's actually everyone else who ends up paying for your mistake.

I too am for decriminalization of all drugs, because I know of the positive impact it had on drug-related cases in Portugal, but if the ban was only lifted on "soft" drugs like marijuana, I'd be okay with that aswell. Regardless of the extent of the legalization of drugs, I'm sure that the money you could bring in from taxation would greatly benefit the economy, not to mention the jobs it could create. Both of which are things that are desperately needed everywhere in the west at the moment.
    I actually am in very strong favor of audio file drugs. None of the side effects of doing drugs (long term anyway) and they get you just as high.

The only problem with them is the fact that you can hurt your ears. Pretty low consequence to being high all the time.
    Yeah, placebo rarely causes long-term side-effects.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,017 Posts

Are you referring to the "songs" that are intended to make you high when you listen to them?

Music is music and nothing more. I can guarantee it doesn't compare at all to snapping a fat bowl; you might be in a better mood after that song, but you won't be high.

21. Post #21
    April 2011
    2,648 Posts
    Are you referring to the "songs" that are intended to make you high when you listen to them?

Music is music and nothing more. I can guarantee it doesn't compare at all to snapping a fat bowl; you might be in a better mood after that song, but you won't be high.
    Someone has obviously never tweaked on an audio file.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,017 Posts
    Someone has obviously never tweaked on an audio file.
    So what you meant to say is "When you're already using a hard drug, the song will make you just as high as if you were on drugs"? I completely agree with you.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    977 Posts
    I call all that audio drug thing bullshit.

24. Post #24
    April 2011
    2,648 Posts
    So what you meant to say is "When you're already using a hard drug, the song will make you just as high as if you were on drugs"? I completely agree with you.
    No, what I meant was that you can get high off of two alternating frequencies played through stereo headphones. No "actual" drugs involved at all.

25. Post #25
    September 2005
    4,229 Posts
    I agree with your liberal ideals, but the problem is that in societies such as ours (Scandinavian), it is the entire population that ends up with the bill when someone abuses a drug and becomes sick as a result of it. If everyone would use drugs responsibly this wouldn't be an issue. It's much the same argument with seatbelts really. On one hand it should be up to the individual whether you want to die in traffic or not, but when you look closer it's actually everyone else who ends up paying for your mistake.

I too am for decriminalization of all drugs, because I know of the positive impact it had on drug-related cases in Portugal, but if the ban was only lifted on "soft" drugs like marijuana, I'd be okay with that aswell.
    You have a good point, seeing as hard drugs can kill and harm you. But I don't think we can always think about the people who might abuse it, and instead focus on not making people abusers.

It's like prostitution. The main argument most people have about it is that many women are forced into it against their will. But many aren't. We can't focus on what might go wrong, and instead focus on fixing the issues when they appear.

But still, a legalization for softer drugs are probably the better option, even though I would like to think that people would act responsible even if they can get their hands on harder drugs.

Edited:

No, what I meant was that you can get high off of two alternating frequencies played through stereo headphones. No "actual" drugs involved at all.
    Please send me some audio drugs, I wanna see if it works.

26. Post #26
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,722 Posts

Have you ever ripped a bong?

27. Post #27
    Holy fuck, I wasted money on this shit?
    August 2011
    1,905 Posts
    Legalize marijuana and unregulate DXM and other safe OTC drugs, marijuana causes no harm if you are smart and don't smoke a joint right after you finish one for years, that kind of smoke ruins your lungs no matter if it's weed or baccy. And DXM is safe if you don't overdo it as it can hurt your liver, but hey; alcohol is legal so why not?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,695 Posts
    You have a good point, seeing as hard drugs can kill and harm you. But I don't think we can always think about the people who might abuse it, and instead focus on not making people abusers.

It's like prostitution. The main argument most people have about it is that many women are forced into it against their will. But many aren't. We can't focus on what might go wrong, and instead focus on fixing the issues when they appear.

But still, a legalization for softer drugs are probably the better option, even though I would like to think that people would act responsible even if they can get their hands on harder drugs.
    I agree completely, a lot of the downsides of legalizing hard drugs could probably be reduced with a little education.

Who can you go to, if it's illegal and everyone will think less of you for asking about it?

29. Post #29
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Legalizing heroin would be disastrous as such with other hard drugs

the only drug that should be legal is weed tbh

30. Post #30
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,289 Posts
    legalize the party drugs, but the hard shit like cocaine, crack, heroin needs to stay off the streets. nothing good comes from that

increase shock tactics and teach people the downside of the hard drugs, and divert all police attention from the lower class drugs to the harder ones

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    207 Posts
    Legalize all drugs. Prohibition policy doesn't work; if people want it, they'll get their hands on it.

The drug cartels in Mexico and Central America have created massive empires based on it. Marijuana costs more than gold, per ounce, and that's only because it's a prohibited resource.

There are rehab facilities available for people who need help. But legalize drugs so markets can compete pricing, and drug cartels will lose most of their revenue.

Look at the lessons we learned from Alcohol Prohibition in the 1920s. Prohibiting these substances leads to violent and powerful organized crime. They corrupt politicians and they end up controlling everything.

There are more deaths in the drug war in Mexico than the combined casualty count of Iraq AND Afghanistan put together.

32. Post #32
    March 2011
    625 Posts
    Legalize it, it's my body, I should be able to take drugs and destroy my body if I want to.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,695 Posts
    Legalize it, it's my body, I should be able to take drugs and destroy my body if I want to.
    What are your thoughts on my post?

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/112...1#post32375783

34. Post #34
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,813 Posts
    I agree with Gurant; the soft drugs should be legalised and regulated like all the other accepted drugs (booze & baccy) with "recommended weekly dosage" guidelines to advise people not to take too much, but the hard drugs should either stay out or be very strongly regulated, like with mandatory limits on max consumption in a certain timeframe (aka only X grams of coke a month) and readily-available rehab programs, almost like an Atkins for Heroin.

BUT, that really nasty flesh-rotting Krok-of-shit needs to be utterly destroyed.

35. Post #35
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    The thing about hard drugs is though, if you legalize it, it will destroy cartels, crime will go down, but then again more people will have the freedom to consume it, heroin is not good for you AT ALL, there's NOTHING positive about heroin, NOT ONE THING

On the other hand, if it stays illegal, cartels will still sell it and crime will continue

36. Post #36
    March 2007
    861 Posts
    Softer drugs should be legalized and regulated like alcohol and tobacco is these days. Altough I'm against the harder life-wrecking drugs being legalized.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,017 Posts
    The thing about hard drugs is though, if you legalize it, it will destroy cartels, crime will go down, but then again more people will have the freedom to consume it, heroin is not good for you AT ALL, there's NOTHING positive about heroin, NOT ONE THING

On the other hand, if it stays illegal, cartels will still sell it and crime will continue
    I'd like to direct you to this post:
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/112...1#post32375582

I think it should be a rule that you must read the whole thread before making a post here. Various people throughout the thread have mentioned cases where decriminalization lowers the negative effects of hard drugs on the population.

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts
    I don't think that all drugs should be legal, I do however think that schools should educate people about the real dangers and benefits of drugs.

39. Post #39
    January 2010
    3,550 Posts
    LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline(and other shit in that range), and MDMA deserve to be legalized far more than marijuana does.

40. Post #40
    September 2005
    4,229 Posts
    LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline(and other shit in that range), and MDMA deserve to be legalized far more than marijuana does.
    Why? I don't see any problems in having the above legalized, but what makes LSD more prone to be legalized than weed? I know friends who've become batshit insane (one of them permanent insane) because they weren't careful enough with the drug. What makes those more worthy to be legalized?

I'm not against your opinion, I'm just curious why you think so.