1. Post #1
    May 2007
    934 Posts
    Update:
    It has been announce today that DJ Mehdi has tragically died in Paris after a roof collapsed. Aged 34 Mehdi was celebrating the birthday of his Carte Blanche partner Riton (Henry Smithson), when the rooftop collapse, leaving several others seriously injured. Riton is believed to be unharmed after being the only one to not fall through the roof.

Goddamnit, he was so good and talented. What a loss :(
    Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly x 38Funny x 3Informative x 2Late x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2010
    404 Posts
    i was just notified by deadmau5 on my facebook came here too see if it was true :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,874 Posts
    Why was he on a roof? Putting out a fire or just raising it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 18Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,892 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,262 Posts
    huge inspiration to the french house scene and pretty much all modern music. rip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2011
    1,545 Posts
    Wow, can't say how many times i've pumped mehdi stuff in my car.
    Just seems like the right place to have him heard.

Was one of my fave djs on ed banger records
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2008
    1,388 Posts
    Legend.
    Sad day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,040 Posts
    To be honest I find this to be pretty awful house, but if he has worked with Daft Punk he has my respect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,488 Posts
    DJ Mehdi fell off the roof? No, scratch that, the roof collapsed, then he fell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 2Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2011
    1,545 Posts
    To be honest I find this to be pretty awful house, but if he has worked with Daft Punk he has my respect.
    He also worked with justice and sebastiAn

Also, didn't know MR. oizo was on ed banger :p

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,334 Posts
    best music video ever

well okay hyperbole but it's still awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    August 2011
    1,545 Posts
    I haven't watched that vid, is that signature? One of his best songs.

also, signature isn't house, it's french electro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,334 Posts
    french electro.
    that sounds like a dumb subcategory. why does the nation matter? i'd just call it electro house as a broader category
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    The nation matters because it's part of the classification. Different regions have different sounding music of the same genre. Not to mention the French are essentially the trend-setters when it comes to modern electronic music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,334 Posts
    yeh fair enough

16. Post #16
    August 2011
    363 Posts
    Noooooooo

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Ed Banger will never be the same without him; he was Busy P's right hand man and best friend.

R.I.P Mehdi

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2011
    1,545 Posts
    that sounds like a dumb subcategory. why does the nation matter? i'd just call it electro house as a broader category
    It is sort of like a subgenre, however i'd prefer to categorize it as a specific sound of electro.
    All types of electro has it's own sound, and the sound deffers by region of the world. French elctro is going to sound different from underground UK electro and so on.

Electronic music in france, is much like the french fashion industry. It's very trendy and while its very popular, also has an extensive underground image.

19. Post #19
    February 2011
    42 Posts
    Repose en paix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    What of Carte Blanche now? No one can replace him :(

21. Post #21
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,007 Posts
    Because it is "French house", which is different to house music or other house music genres like Chicago house.

Such a shame he has died really, I didn't realise till I looked him up a little while ago that I have listened and liked so much stuff he has had an involvement in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    March 2009
    5,365 Posts
    God damnit, I just saw it on facebook, and decided to make a thread about it.

He has my respect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    12,358 Posts
    Ed Banger will never be the same mark my words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2010
    303 Posts
    What the fuck... this is terrible. I loved Dj Mehdi, brilliant artist. I saw him live in Brooklyn for my 18th birthday; can't believe he is dead. The concert was mostly filled with a lot of disinterested Brooklyn hipsters, but I really enjoyed myself and I waved and made a rock on sign to Mehdi and he waved back. He was a really chill dude and talented artist. What a loss to the Ed Banger crew and electronic music in general. Rest in peace, Mehdi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Chromeo postponed their show because of his death, and will be playing "I Am Somebody" first thing when they go on.